I'm joining the club

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
Grumpaz

I'm joining the club

Post by Grumpaz »

I used to ride a motorcyle years and years ago. Since my foot surgery in 2001 I can no longer ride a bike as I cannot use the foot brake.

Soooooooo, I was a Walmart Saturday and they had this really neat little scooter with an electric motor and hand brakes and it will go a rapid, tears to your eyes 15 miles per hour. I was in my priceline and I thought....why not??

So watch out all you big bike riders...that little blue streak you see puttering down the road just might be me.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error.
cherandbuster

I'm joining the club

Post by cherandbuster »

Go for it GPaz!

You show 'em who's the boss of the road! :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

I'm joining the club

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, you will be cruising now!:)
minks

I'm joining the club

Post by minks »

could we get pics :D
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Grumpaz

I'm joining the club

Post by Grumpaz »

Oh, and just for the record...I named it Harley.

*ducks and runs*
Nomad

I'm joining the club

Post by Nomad »

Grumpaz wrote: I used to ride a motorcyle years and years ago. Since my foot surgery in 2001 I can no longer ride a bike as I cannot use the foot brake.

Soooooooo, I was a Walmart Saturday and they had this really neat little scooter with an electric motor and hand brakes and it will go a rapid, tears to your eyes 15 miles per hour. I was in my priceline and I thought....why not??

So watch out all you big bike riders...that little blue streak you see puttering down the road just might be me.

Dont do it Grumpy ! Find someone with a sidecar. That way you can just gaze out and let your knuckles drag on the asphalt, maybe hide a flask down by your feet. Put on some kooky goggles and a long scarf. Thats way better than a Wal Mart moped !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

I'm joining the club

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad wrote: Dont do it Grumpy ! Find someone with a sidecar. That way you can just gaze out and let your knuckles drag on the asphalt, maybe hide a flask down by your feet. Put on some kooky goggles and a long scarf. Thats way better than a Wal Mart moped !

Isadora Duncan tried that and look what happened to her.

I prefer Mick Dohan's solution - he had a thumb operated brake fitted and kept on racing.

On the other hand, you don't need the rear brake anyway - the back wheel's in the air whilst you're braking so it does no good.
Lulu2

I'm joining the club

Post by Lulu2 »

Knowing you, my dear....you'll ride with style, grace and ECLAT! ;)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Grumpaz

I'm joining the club

Post by Grumpaz »

Lulu2 wrote: Knowing you, my dear....you'll ride with style, grace and ECLAT! ;)

I'm sure you meant eclairs...not eclat my dear LuLu.. and I have a wonderful recipe for chocolate eclairs. But I do believe they would be quite messy to eat whilst I'm riding my Harley with style and grace. (whoever she is) lol.
Lulu2

I'm joining the club

Post by Lulu2 »

ECLAT! A French word known to crossword puzzle doers! It means brilliance---or something similar!

(Sucking up so you'll take me for a ride!)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Return to “Biker Forum”