I get the feeling this is not gonna taste all that great :rolleyes:
Marie5656

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Marie5656 »

ewww. :yh_sick
Marie5656

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Marie5656 »

With so many places in this country banning smoking, I can see the smokers resorting to anything to get the fix.
Lulu2

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Lulu2 »

SHEESH! Why can't they just QUIT? Jagged...like you, I'm wondering about the taste and the SMELL! :thinking: And--it IS possible to overdose on nicotine, isn't it? Can't you just see them, dropping like flies?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
CARLA

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by CARLA »

Oh yeah that is going to taste great....
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Marie5656

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Marie5656 »

CARLA wrote: Oh yeah that is going to taste great....
Great..a ciggarette in a bottle
Lulu2

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Lulu2 »

Decades ago, when I decided to stop smoking, I got a coffee can with a plastic lid and filled it with cigarette butts. I added a little water. Whenever I felt the urge to smoke, I'd pop that lid and inhale the aroma!

Hmmmm...maybe I could sell something similar to people willing to drink pure nicotine???? :wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Marie5656

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Marie5656 »

Lulu2 wrote: Decades ago, when I decided to stop smoking, I got a coffee can with a plastic lid and filled it with cigarette butts. I added a little water. Whenever I felt the urge to smoke, I'd pop that lid and inhale the aroma!

Hmmmm...maybe I could sell something similar to people willing to drink pure nicotine???? :wah:

:yh_sick ewww, Lulu!!
Lulu2

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Lulu2 »

It worked, Marie! Tell anyone you know who wants to stop smoking that this is an inexpensive and very effective thing to do!
Marie5656

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Marie5656 »

Check the thread I just started..about how people quit.
woppy71

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by woppy71 »

Lets face it though, If the stuff really works, then it's a marketing masterstroke, a potential there for huge profit.

But.... how long is it going to be before something is found that indicates that there is a health risk?

If there really is less of a health risk with using it, surely that must be a good thing?

I'm just glad I don't smoke, I feel really sorry for those who suffer with the addiction and want to give up. A real struggle for some.

Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Bill Sikes

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Lulu2 wrote: SHEESH! Why can't they just QUIT??

It's very difficult to stop smoking. There's a whole industry making lots of money

selling products or services to help people stop. This seems to be just one more.

Lulu2 wrote: Jagged...like you, I'm wondering about the taste and the SMELL!

What smell? What taste? I imagine it'll taste like lemonade with a dash of Indian

Tonic Water.

Lulu2 wrote: And--it IS possible to overdose on nicotine, isn't it? Can't you just see them, dropping like flies?

It is possible to "overdose on nicotine". This product, however, apparently has

contains the same amount of nicotine as you'd get from smoking two cigarettes,

presumably average nicotine content ones. I say apparently, because that's not

exactly what the article says, just what I assume it means. If it's 500ml, then

drinking three litres would give the eqivalent nicotine of smoking 12 cigarettes,

which isn't a lethal dose (nicotine is a deadly poison, the LD50 for seems to be

around 60mg/Kg, so it is a pretty effective poison). The nicotine content of

tobacco is probably in the order of a couple of percent, so boiling up 12 cigarettes

and drinking the infusion could very well (most likely, I should say, at a guess,

without calculating) be fatal.
Bill Sikes

Nicotine in a bottle?

Post by Bill Sikes »

woppy71 wrote: But.... how long is it going to be before something is found that indicates that there is a health risk?

Dunno. At the moment, though, nicotine does not seem to pose any health risk

at all (in normal doses).

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”