Who is she?

Talk about the Arcade here. Discuss tournaments, games, and anything that makes your trigger finger twitch.
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

Where did she come from? One, just one, mark you, measly high score on one game and I get up this morning to find that somebody has ousted me from Blockbuster Champion 2006. I was only there a couple of days and now I'm not. I'm gutted, I worked my little socks off for my insignificant piece of glory and I'm never going beat 5,000. Don't tell me that it's all in the spirit of game playing and that it isn't winning that matters. It is. Do I ask for much? No....just to be champion of one little game out of hundreds...and maybe a secondhand cardigan. That's all. Do I get either? No.

Woe is truly me.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

Who is she?

Post by AussiePam »

Theia, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd only hinder you if I send any game play vibes, but when it comes to cardie-napping, I'm yer Gal!! Just say the word, capeesh!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

AussiePam wrote: Theia, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd only hinder you if I send any game play vibes, but when it comes to cardie-napping, I'm yer Gal!! Just say the word, capeesh!!

Pammie, you may have hidden game play vibes way beyond your highest expectations, so please send them my way whatever.

But you'll have to really work hard at this cardy thing (although Betty didn't wear it yesterday and I think this may be because she's getting worried)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
cherandbuster

Who is she?

Post by cherandbuster »

Theia :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

Who is she?

Post by chonsigirl »

Theia, I had the glory for about a week of being champion of the one game I like, and our beloved Pina, so skillful in the arts of the arcade, of course beat me. I will never be quick enough to regain that score, and have resigned myself to just playing that game anyway because I like it.

Now cardigans, I have no advice to give you..........................:)
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

chonsigirl wrote: Theia, I had the glory for about a week of being champion of the one game I like, and our beloved Pina, so skillful in the arts of the arcade, of course beat me. I will never be quick enough to regain that score, and have resigned myself to just playing that game anyway because I like it.

Now cardigans, I have no advice to give you..........................:)

It's gutting, isn't it Chons? I puttered along, day after day...it became my little game, my little haven, my little piece of arcade land, my little victory...and then, whoosh, it all came crashing down last night. I'm only glad I was asleep and didn't see it happen...that would have been worse. There ought to be a special section in the arcade solely for those whose playing is pants.

But, of course, I'm not bitter.

Betty is always one step ahead on the cardy ploy...sadly.
chonsigirl

Who is she?

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I understand, Theia. I play Shangai2 and it took me 5-6 weeks to get that high score. I play that game, because, frankly, even with my new glasses I can't see the mahjong tiles well enough to play them. So I like Shanghai2, because the tiles numbers and pictures are bigger! But when that PM comes-YOUR HIGH SCORE IS BEATEN-well, then I say phooey! Bunch of tattle tales..................:wah:
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, I understand, Theia. I play Shangai2 and it took me 5-6 weeks to get that high score. I play that game, because, frankly, even with my new glasses I can't see the mahjong tiles well enough to play them. So I like Shanghai2, because the tiles numbers and pictures are bigger! But when that PM comes-YOUR HIGH SCORE IS BEATEN-well, then I say phooey! Bunch of tattle tales..................:wah:

I say phooey too, Chons...

I love your rabbit :-6
chonsigirl

Who is she?

Post by chonsigirl »

Thank you Theia..........:)

I hope next time we beat their high score, the PM reads........

"Nanny, nanny, Theia has beated your high score!":wah:
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

I am Monkey Cliff Diving champion!!!

...granted, not for long, probably an hour or two at the most, and well, it's a bit of a dubious title, but...hey...a title...and I'm making the most of it :)
chonsigirl

Who is she?

Post by chonsigirl »

Yeah Theia!

Hmm, how come we cannot put the arcade PM's on ignore, then we will never know if they beat us?:wah:
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

chonsigirl wrote: Yeah Theia!

Hmm, how come we cannot put the arcade PM's on ignore, then we will never know if they beat us?:wah:

Even better if our wins were kept quiet...then we might be champs for longer
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

flopstock wrote: hey theia, have you seen minks 'forgive someone thread'...:yh_laugh :yh_rotfl

Ah yes, Floppy, but I hadn't read the book when I started this thread :sneaky:
pina

Who is she?

Post by pina »

SORRY girls! Let me know which games you like and I will stay away.

I could always play under a different name and you wont know its me. :D

theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

pina wrote: SORRY girls! Let me know which games you like and I will stay away.

Sorry, Pina, this thread was meant to be sort of humorous, a sort of "look, I'm no great arcade player and when I win, which is rarely, it takes no time at all for an expert to beat me." I was metaphorically stamping my feet but laughing at myself at the same time because I'm pants.

And although I'm not saying that you aren't an expert, I was referring to somebody. S/he seems to be able to double or even triple a high score in a moment.
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

:-1

Ex-Monkey Cliff Diving champion
chonsigirl

Who is she?

Post by chonsigirl »

pina wrote: SORRY girls! Let me know which games you like and I will stay away.

I always like seeing your score up there Pina, you just have the arcade knack of playing the games so well!:)
pina

Who is she?

Post by pina »

theia wrote: :-1

Ex-Monkey Cliff Diving champion

I did take it humourously Theia, I know exactly how you feel, a certain somebody keeps taking my scores off me. :wah: So I just keep plugging away like a little beaver.

AussiePam

Who is she?

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Arcadians all !!! Monkey Cliff Diving champions - my antipodean mind early this Saturday morning fair boggles. Lesser people just have to climb Mount Everest - I was reading the other day about one such bloke who thought losing most of his fingers and a few toes was a small price to pay for such glory. But I digress.

(Theia - I really like Pina, but just say the word and she's history, know wha I mean? - Gangsta Pam)

theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

AussiePam wrote: G'day Arcadians all !!! Monkey Cliff Diving champions - my antipodean mind early this Saturday morning fair boggles. Lesser people just have to climb Mount Everest - I was reading the other day about one such bloke who thought losing most of his fingers and a few toes was a small price to pay for such glory. But I digress.

(Theia - I really like Pina, but just say the word and she's history, know wha I mean? - Gangsta Pam)

I'm still crying, Pammie, over my swift defeat (am I in the right thread?). I lost no fingers or toes, merely my dignity :-1

(So what's your plan, GP? Venemous and deadly beams emanating from certain of the arcade games? Be sure to let me know which ones because we wouldn't want any mistakes, now would we?)
AussiePam

Who is she?

Post by AussiePam »

When it comes to business, GP doesn't make mistakes, Theia.. You want I should waste the opposition???

theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

AussiePam wrote: When it comes to business, GP doesn't make mistakes, Theia.. You want I should waste the opposition???

I want that you waste the opposition...forthwith

Use whatever you need to accomplish your task. Collapse the Blocks, worry not about Bloodshed. When your mission is done, you will be Bejeweled and decked with Flowers a Frenzy. May Alu's Revenge and The Hand of God be with you.

I shall be Jumping Nutty Champion!
AussiePam

Who is she?

Post by AussiePam »

Who is this Person 21 character?? I just went in to the Arcade for the first time to waste the opposition and decided to stick around for some nutty monkey cliff jumping. I had to beat 13540 and scored 3956, which by my reckoning puts me now as Queen of the Arcade. Anyone got a problem with that???

theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

AussiePam wrote: Who is this Person 21 character?? I just went in to the Arcade for the first time to waste the opposition and decided to stick around for some nutty monkey cliff jumping. I had to beat 13540 and scored 3956, which by my reckoning puts me now as Queen of the Arcade. Anyone got a problem with that???

Be warned, dear Queen of Arcadia, take not this Person 21 lightly..s/he has mighty power. You could be overcome in Seconds. I note your royal monkey diving score is rising...beware, Defend Your Castle and watch for the Crazy Shooter who lurks in the shadows.
AussiePam

Who is she?

Post by AussiePam »

GUFFAW~~~~ !!!! You're too much, Theia!!! That sounds like a proper challenge - and I havent even had me morning coffee. Besides, it's Sunday here and hey, isn't there some commandment about not committing murder and/or mayhem before you've had your coffee and read the newspapers on the Sabbath?? This interdict doesn't of course apply AFTER said coffee and newspapers... I'LL BE BACK !!!

theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

AussiePam wrote: GUFFAW~~~~ !!!! You're too much, Theia!!! That sounds like a proper challenge - and I havent even had me morning coffee. Besides, it's Sunday here and hey, isn't there some commandment about not committing murder and/or mayhem before you've had your coffee and read the newspapers on the Sabbath?? This interdict doesn't of course apply AFTER said coffee and newspapers... I'LL BE BACK !!!

Be sure you do, Pammie, we have an important mission to accomplish (though I might have to go to bed in a minute)
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

:-1

Ex Halloween champ now

Our mission becomes more vital, Pammie.
AussiePam

Who is she?

Post by AussiePam »

Is there an Arcaders Anonymous ????

Nomad

Who is she?

Post by Nomad »

theia;348016 wrote: Where did she come from? One, just one, mark you, measly high score on one game and I get up this morning to find that somebody has ousted me from Blockbuster Champion 2006. I was only there a couple of days and now I'm not. I'm gutted, I worked my little socks off for my insignificant piece of glory and I'm never going beat 5,000. Don't tell me that it's all in the spirit of game playing and that it isn't winning that matters. It is. Do I ask for much? No....just to be champion of one little game out of hundreds...and maybe a secondhand cardigan. That's all. Do I get either? No.

Woe is truly me.

Dont rule out a conspiracy.
I AM AWESOME MAN
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

Nomad;715785 wrote: Dont rule out a conspiracy.

No, I haven't been sat here for the past six months just waiting for someone to revive one of my threads...

I merely chanced to happen by...as one does...:)
Nomad

Who is she?

Post by Nomad »

theia;715789 wrote: No, I haven't been sat here for the past six months just waiting for someone to revive one of my threads...

I merely chanced to happen by...as one does...:)

Im trying to tell you Theia

(((THERES A CONSPIRACY)))

Something is coming down the mountain and its wearing a little red dress

Ive got your back
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Who is she?

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;715795 wrote: Im trying to tell you Theia

(((THERES A CONSPIRACY)))

Something is coming down the mountain and its wearing a little red dress

Ive got your back

I wore the little red dress last night (with the grey long cardigan), your safe Theia its in the wash now.
theia

Who is she?

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;715797 wrote: I wore the little red dress last night (with the grey long cardigan), your safe Theia its in the wash now.

Got a long grey one...so there :cool:

(It's actually purple, but you'd call it grey)
Nomad

Who is she?

Post by Nomad »

theia;715809 wrote: Got a long grey one...so there :cool:

(It's actually purple, but you'd call it grey)

You flaunt that purple cardigan Theia. Flaunt it for the world to see. And being the truly great humanitarian you are Ive no doubt you would loan the sweater to booper should she be in need.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Arcade Discussions”