Strange People

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
sunny104

Strange People

Post by sunny104 »

I lived in Orlando for 10 years and apparently people lose their minds when they're on vacation/holiday because SO many people thought it was perfectly acceptable to go walking down the road wearing just a swimsuit or to go grocery shopping with just a bikini top and shorts on. *shudder*
valerie

Strange People

Post by valerie »

I haven't seen any lately but late last October I saw a woman coming

towards me on the bike path that I thought was getting ready for

Halloween... she had on this small print cotton dress (looked about

1930's vintage or so) big black sloppy runover shoes, a wool cardigan

that was tight and small and had seen better days, and a kerchief

tied up around her head.

I said my usual "Good morning" (and got no reply) but it wasn't until

a saw her a few times that I realized... she wasn't preparing for

Halloween...

:o
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

sunny104

Strange People

Post by sunny104 »

ArnoldLayne wrote:

I saw her on London Bridge Station one day wearing about a dozen cardigans, a motor cycle helmet and football boots

maybe she'd let Theia have one.....you didn't happen to notice a brown one in there somewhere, did you......:D :D
jbbarker1947

Strange People

Post by jbbarker1947 »

We have a goth garage band in the neighborhood. One was in the street wearing a full length black leather coat, in July in Texas. He smiled at me and I could see his black retainer.

As Arnold says, fashion victim
pina

Strange People

Post by pina »

sunny104 wrote: I lived in Orlando for 10 years and apparently people lose their minds when they're on vacation/holiday because SO many people thought it was perfectly acceptable to go walking down the road wearing just a swimsuit or to go grocery shopping with just a bikini top and shorts on. *shudder*

We get the same thing here all the time, last friday when I went to the supermarket at around 8pm granted it was still hot but this teenage girl was walking around with shopping trolley wearing only a bikini with thong panties. Admittedly she looked good in it if she was on the beach, well she had a string of men following, waiting and watching for everytime she bent down to get something from the bottom shelf.:wah: Good thing was I got straight through the checkout without having to wait in a queue.

theia

Strange People

Post by theia »

sunny104 wrote: maybe she'd let Theia have one.....you didn't happen to notice a brown one in there somewhere, did you......:D :D

I'm very surprised, Sunny, that Arnold had the nerve to mention cardigans. I still haven't received the one he was "apparently" knitting for me. I'm probably way down his current list of arran sweaters, tank tops and socks by now. I am very hurt and very disappointed and may find it hard to forgive.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bez

Strange People

Post by Bez »

helefra wrote: I recall seeing someone today, it was in the afternoon. The person was dressed up as a goth, wearing long black baggy trousers, large black boots, black T-shirt and a long black leather jacket.:thinking: The weather was exceptionally hot as well.

I know a really nice 'Goth' lad who I know hasn't much money. He wears the same long sleeved black shirt quite often, but last week he was wearing the same shirt with the sleeves cut off. Don't know what he's going to do when the weather cools down...bless him.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Strange People

Post by Bez »

helefra wrote: I also knew a goth lad too. He was really friendly to know. You'd think people would be threatening to speak to because of what they wear, just shows how wrong you can be.;)

Quite the opposite. I know several who come to Buddhist meetings. They are all smashing youngsters. A couple of the lads have been beaten up because of the way they look ....so sad.

I was served by a girl in LUSH in Guildford.... she was stunning looking and had a fantastic personality. She had the most beautiful delicate tattoos on her forearms of medieaval castles. I've never forgotten her.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
theia

Strange People

Post by theia »

ArnoldLayne wrote: It will be finished as soon as I recieve enough belly button fluff from my friends and neighbours. I have an ad in the paper as well. I have enough for one arm and the local Boy Scout group have promised a big push during bob-a-job week :D

I apologise for misjudging you, Arnold.

So, when I'm wearing the aforementioned cardigan, I shall be walking around in lots of other people's belly button fluff, most of whom I don't know? At risk of seeming picky, it will be washed first, won't it? (It is washable isn't it?)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Uncle Kram

Strange People

Post by Uncle Kram »

ArnoldLayne wrote: My brother told me today that, on the hottest day since records began, he saw a man dressed in a three quarter length leather coat. Fashion victim ??
Coincidentally, my brother told me at lunchtime that he'd seen a bloke wearing a thick pullover (also in Birmingham) - I'm not kidding !

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
venus

Strange People

Post by venus »

Yesterday as l struggled on the bus with numerous bags..

I noticed a lady in front of me, can't have been too old, weaaring.

Plastic sandals, shocking pink.

Socks large pulled up green.

3 quarter pants, pink, stainewd.

orange t-shirt

yellow jumper

white (at least it used to be) rain coat also plasticy in look and a red wooly hat.

She also carried a harrods bag and an umbrella..

maybe its the new look and we are behind in the times!!:-3
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Betty Boop

Strange People

Post by Betty Boop »

venus wrote: Yesterday as l struggled on the bus with numerous bags..

I noticed a lady in front of me, can't have been too old, weaaring.

Plastic sandals, shocking pink.

Socks large pulled up green.

3 quarter pants, pink, stainewd.

orange t-shirt

yellow jumper

white (at least it used to be) rain coat also plasticy in look and a red wooly hat.

She also carried a harrods bag and an umbrella..

maybe its the new look and we are behind in the times!!:-3

You can keep that look all for yourself, go on be a trendsetter, dare ya! :p
chonsigirl

Strange People

Post by chonsigirl »

Not me! A skirt! :eek:

I just ordered 2 new pairs of stretch jeans for school-lilac and cranberry red!

Return to “General Chit Chat”