A democratically elected government

golem

Post by golem »

The Palestinian democratically elected government.

A translation of the hammas charter. This is their election manifesto.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/mideast/hamas.htm .

Read it --- and weep.

We all did.

When hammas came in the door all hopes of peace left through the window.
Bez

Post by Bez »

golem wrote: The Palestinian democratically elected government.

A translation of the hammas charter. This is their election manifesto.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/mideast/hamas.htm .

Read it --- and weep.

We all did.

When hammas came in the door all hopes of peace left through the window.

Apart from war, Can ANYTHING be done Golem ? is there a solution ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
golem

Post by golem »

Education for one thing.

Not the terrible propaganda that presently takes its place in the palests schools and colleges but REAL education.

Then isolation. Let us complete our security fence and at the same time define our national borders NOT on the line of the fence but within the fence.

At least enforced separation given time MIGHT reduce tension and the attacks that are so destructive to progress. It could create an environment in which peace, REAL peace might be established though those sworn by their religion to destroy us will always be a big problem.

That would require the PA to establish a security force and capture the terrorists and most of all establish jails that didn’t have revolving doors.

Then there would be the need to persuade the other islamic states to stop using the palests as a cause celebre in order to divert attention of their own ne’er do wells to a cause outside the borders of their nations.

Or maybe we should simply do as they want and all leave our land and face another Diaspora this time in the 21st century. Lots of people, especially in Europe, would love for that to happen.

But then, the next “waaf” would find itself under pressure to be returned to islamic rule. Look out Spain, you’re next on the list.

Lots of things could be done. The best of all would simply be for the palests to desire peace. In spite of the propaganda surrounding our REAL defensive strikes into The Lebanon, we do.
golem

Post by golem »

Well, having just opened a letter it looks like I’ll be away for a (hopefully) short while.

I’ve just been “invited” to assist in the effort in the North.

At my age and especially with my experience in the past I’ll be involved in the interrogation of captured terrorists.

(My days of capturing or otherwise dealing with them are sad to say long gone.)

I must confess that I’m REALLY looking forward to it, and since selling my interests in the UK I’ve been at a bit of a loose end so it’ll be good to be doing something that I’ve shown a certain ability for in the past, as well as doing something positive for my nation.

Return to “International Politics”