Protection from evil

Discuss the metaphysical.
rainbowsmiles

Protection from evil

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Do you believe amulets can protect you from negative energy or harmful incidents? If so, do you use any type of amulet on a regular basis?
annabelle

Protection from evil

Post by annabelle »

rainbowsmiles wrote: Do you believe amulets can protect you from negative energy or harmful incidents? If so, do you use any type of amulet on a regular basis?

Negative energy? .... no, I don't believe in it.

Harmful incident? .... Not unless it caused a bullet to riccochet off it or prevent penetration, but I can't see me ever being in that situation ... :rolleyes: :)
pina

Protection from evil

Post by pina »

Mind over matter my friend if you think it will help then it might. :-6

Marie5656

Protection from evil

Post by Marie5656 »

A bit of a self fulfilling prophecy at work. If you genuinely believe something will happen...positive or negative, then that outcome is more likely to happen. Faith and belief is the key, I feel.

Whether there is some mystical power at work, hard to say. Karma, maybe, or fate.
theia

Protection from evil

Post by theia »

I would have answered that I don't use an amulet and that I don't really believe in negative energy. That is until I realised how frequently I "touch[knock] wood."
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
buttercup

Protection from evil

Post by buttercup »

i dont use an amulet or believe one would be of any use but i do believe there is negative energy all around, fortunately there's also plenty of positive :D
cherandbuster

Protection from evil

Post by cherandbuster »

buttercup wrote: fortunately there's also plenty of positive :D

Positive energy RULES! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

OpenMind

Protection from evil

Post by OpenMind »

Like Marie says. The power comes from the mind. The more deep-rooted the faith and belief, the more powerful the force. No external objects are required for protection. If you use them, you are simply transferring the faith from yourself to the object. It's better to believe in yourself.
Bez

Protection from evil

Post by Bez »

helefra wrote: I don't believe in the protection from evil by way of crystals or other pendants. I have learnt that what you do to others, you get back in return.;)

How true helefra......no harm in a little 'insurance' though :)

I have crystals and a dream catcher, but I guess it's just because they're so pretty
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OpenMind

Protection from evil

Post by OpenMind »

Bez wrote: How true helefra......no harm in a little 'insurance' though :)

I have crystals and a dream catcher, but I guess it's just because they're so pretty

Crystals and colours can be used to focus the mind. Colours are very important for healing.
rainbowsmiles

Protection from evil

Post by rainbowsmiles »

When I studied in Mexico I learned a lot about what the Mexicans use to ward off evil. They use dried up deer eyes tied to a red string wrapped around a babies wrist to keep them from being affected by the evil eye. My girlfriend in Turkey told me they have something similar. The use glass eye beads and string them on necklaces or bracelets and wear them for protection. Fascinating that Mexico and Turkey being so far apart can have a similar superstition and use similar amulets for protection.
Hugh Janus

Protection from evil

Post by Hugh Janus »

AMULETS!!! PAH!!! I have the power of Thor's Mystical hammer, to ward off unwanted evils...

I also have a box of Pennicillin, just in case...:wah:
Marie5656

Protection from evil

Post by Marie5656 »

helefra wrote: I agree with your comment on the aestheticness of crystals, etc. Whenever I go into a shop devoted to the mystical or spiritual aspects, I can spend an hour walking round and enjoying all the beautiful displays.

I have several crystals, also. I love them. My favorite is a chunk of amethyst..which is my birthstone.
Marie5656

Protection from evil

Post by Marie5656 »

I also went through a phase once when I was giving dreamcatchers as wedding and baby shower gifts. I am not sure why, though. Thing is, I never bought myself one. Still do not have one.
Marie5656

Protection from evil

Post by Marie5656 »

helefra wrote: Some crystals can be expensive to buy Marie. An expensive one that I have seen on display is a Geode, sometimes I have seen these sold at spiritual fairs which can cost anything from £60 upwards.

Which is exactly why I do not buy them any more. It was a phase. I still have the pretty ones I bought here on my desk. The only one I am missing is a small piece of rose quartz..which I think got lost when I moved.
buttercup

Protection from evil

Post by buttercup »

Marie5656

Protection from evil

Post by Marie5656 »

buttercup wrote: for marie

http://www.crystalcavern.com/index.html ... lang=en-us

Thank you for the link, Princess Buttercup. I have bookmarked the site for later browsing. I may have to buy something, you never know.

Return to “Magic Mystery”