Astrology

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Saffron

Astrology

Post by Saffron »

Do you read your horoscopes? How much do you believe in Astrology? I used to read mine a lot. But my Christian faith says that it is the "work of the devil" and lots of Christians who I've talked to about this say this too.

I actually still read mine every now and then. And I especially like what it says for this month. The things it talks about are actually seeming to be happening.

http://www.astrologyzone.com:wah:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
annabelle

Astrology

Post by annabelle »

So are you suggesting that everyone who compiles a horoscope is an instrument of Satan?

I think they're all absolute nonsense anyhow, you could read a thousand in any one day , taken from newspaper's and magazine's from around the world and not one would read the same. Enough said.
Marie5656

Astrology

Post by Marie5656 »

To be honest, I do not go by horoscopes. But give me a fortune cookie..and I am believing every word. Go figure.
Hugh Janus

Astrology

Post by Hugh Janus »

Yup. I just cannot fully understand people who pin their daily lives, on something they read in a "Book." :)
Lulu2

Astrology

Post by Lulu2 »

I've never understood how all the millions of people born under my sign (Cancer) can have the same personality and same circumstances. If you read one of those daily forecasts, it's so general, it could refer to anyone.

In my (humble) opinion....it's fiddle-faddle.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Nomad

Astrology

Post by Nomad »

poppycock (IMO)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Saffron

Astrology

Post by Saffron »

Marie5656 wrote: To be honest, I do not go by horoscopes. But give me a fortune cookie..and I am believing every word. Go figure.
To funny,

Here is something funny too. Whenever I eat Chinese and get a fortune cookie, if I am with someone, I open the cookie and pretend to be shocked by what I am reading. And then I say to whoever I am with "OMG you should see what this fortune cookie note says". So when they ask me what I say "it says "he who eats many prunes sits on toilet for many moons"". Then I let them read it and we laugh. I used to do that to the mangers where I used to work.

:p
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Betty Boop

Astrology

Post by Betty Boop »

I used to know a lady who was an author, but she made all her money from making up horoscopes for a Daily paper and some weekly womens magazines.
Lulu2

Astrology

Post by Lulu2 »

I HAVE A WONDERFUL IDEA! LET'S CREATE HOROSCOPES....

For example....LIBRA....Today, you need to be careful of spiders jumping onto your ass when you stop by the side of the road to pee.

CAPRICORN...Today, bunions might strike. Don't take off your shoes.

LEO....Capricorns might kick you with bunions.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Marie5656

Astrology

Post by Marie5656 »

Aquarius: Don't drink the water
Marie5656

Astrology

Post by Marie5656 »

Betty Boop wrote: I used to know a lady who was an author, but she made all her money from making up horoscopes for a Daily paper and some weekly womens magazines.

I saw a thing on TV about a lady who wrote fortunes for the fortune cookies. Some she took from old Chinese proverbs, and others she just made up.
charity2k4

Astrology

Post by charity2k4 »

Saffron wrote: Do you read your horoscopes? How much do you believe in Astrology? I used to read mine a lot. But my Christian faith says that it is the "work of the devil" and lots of Christians who I've talked to about this say this too.

I actually still read mine every now and then. And I especially like what it says for this month. The things it talks about are actually seeming to be happening.

http://www.astrologyzone.com:wah:

yes i read mine and thats a site i read monthly , i find that particular astrologist always seems to hit the nail on the head
Accountable

Astrology

Post by Accountable »

Lulu2 wrote: I've never understood how all the millions of people born under my sign (Cancer) can have the same personality and same circumstances. If you read one of those daily forecasts, it's so general, it could refer to anyone.

In my (humble) opinion....it's fiddle-faddle.Um ... I'm a Cancer, too ......... and we agree alot. :eek:
AussiePam

Astrology

Post by AussiePam »

I'd let you Guys know I'm still a Virgo (and proud of it), but it might mean I'm the one to get tossed in the volcano, so I'm keeping stumm.:lips:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Accountable

Astrology

Post by Accountable »

I sometimes suffer from Virgo, but if I close my eyes and concentrate, it passes.
AussiePam

Astrology

Post by AussiePam »

You can open them now Accountable. I've passed.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Captain Ray

Astrology

Post by Captain Ray »

Lulu2 wrote: I HAVE A WONDERFUL IDEA! LET'S CREATE HOROSCOPES....

For example....LIBRA....Today, you need to be careful of spiders jumping onto your ass when you stop by the side of the road to pee.

Sh!t!! That's not good... I won't be sitting down to pee today!!!

Raymond
rainbowsmiles

Astrology

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Do you read your horoscopes? How much do you believe in Astrology?

Yes, I read horoscopes - by specific astrologers. I believe in them, but I don't believe in the basic horoscopes you find in magazines or newspapers. It truly depends on the astrologer (and I have one of my own of those). So much depends on the rising sign and the moon sign, not just the sun sign and when everything is put together it is amazing what you can learn and what you can predict. I know it isn't for everyone (yes, I've heard within the church that astrology is the work of the devil) but I enjoy it and I don't believe in satan or his/her existence so...

Return to “General Chit Chat”