Boston Globe Tells Gays Marry or lose benefits

Adam Zapple

Post by Adam Zapple »

The Boston Globe has told its gay employees that they must marry if they wish to continue health benefits for their domestic partners. Previously, gays were allowed to carry their domestic partners since marriage was not an option for them. But since Massachussetts has legalized gay marriage, The Globe and other companies are no longer offering coverage for domestic partners of gay employees unless they marry. Since they don't offer coverage for the partners of heterosexual employees, they realize that it would be descriminating for them to offer coverage to unmarried gay partners. Coverage will still be offered to gay partners that live outside of MA in states where gay marriage is not available. Look for gay couples, esp those who don't wish to marry, to move outside of MA in order to maintain coverage. What's that old axiom - be careful what you wish for.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

A fine example that you can only choose your own actions, not their consequences. :wah:
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Adam, are you from the Boston area?

I apologize if you've posted this in another thread before.:)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Adam Zapple

Post by Adam Zapple »

No, I'm from down south.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

It works for me!

If heterosexuals can't have "domestic partnerships," then why not extend that ban to homosexual partners, especially now that the ENLIGHTENED citizens of MA have taken steps to bring all people into equal treatment?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 wrote: the ENLIGHTENED citizens of MA

She's talkin' about me again:-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Return to “Health Care”