The trial starts Monday

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
BabyRider

The trial starts Monday

Post by BabyRider »

I was going to wait until Sunday night to post this thread, but with things being so hectic around here what with planning the reception, and me having to work all weekend, (except Saturday, when I'll be at the reception, of course,) I decided to post it tonight. Also because we heard from our lawyer today, with MORE good news!!

Apparently, they finally found the slug pulled from Bullet's "buddy's" ankle. It looks like a .38. That means that we can prove Bullet and his friends were fired on first. When our lawyer called us today to give us the news, he said that he'd asked the prosecutor, "So, are you going to drop the case now?" The prosecutor said, "Not yet, we have to talk to the 'victims' family." But it was not "No"!!!! It is possible this thing won't even GO to trial now, with this new evidence!! But if it still does, we will be needing all the prayers, energy and vibes from here that we can get. Our case gets stronger every day, but I still need the support of my FG family.

Also, the other 3 witnesses, Ox, Slick and the guy who ran? The prosecution has decided that Ox and Slick would be damaging to their case, so now WE get to call them as witnesses for the defense!! And the guy that ran? He's in Ionia prison for armed assault. The prosecution no longer has any witnesses. It's a beautiful thing!!! Keep your fingers crossed for us, guys, and if you're the praying sort, pray HARD!!

Thanks for always being around. This could turn out good yet. :-6
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

orangesox1

The trial starts Monday

Post by orangesox1 »

I hope everything goes well for you. let us know what happens please.
BabyRider

The trial starts Monday

Post by BabyRider »

orangesox1 wrote: I hope everything goes well for you. let us know what happens please.
Believe me, Sox, I will be updating every day to let you guys know how things are progressing, starting Monday.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

spot

The trial starts Monday

Post by spot »

I'd assumed the hardest moment would be if a plea bargain were offered before the trial opened. Not an easy decision to face, I'd have thought. Those are all good bits you're picking up though.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
valerie

The trial starts Monday

Post by valerie »

Everything crossed here! (Well, not while I'm typing)

Question for ya, are you going to be able to be in court every day?

Or do you have to cut out for work early or something?

Hang in there, baby.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

BabyRider

The trial starts Monday

Post by BabyRider »

spot wrote: I'd assumed the hardest moment would be if a plea bargain were offered before the trial opened. Not an easy decision to face, I'd have thought. Those are all good bits you're picking up though.
They offered a plea bargain at the preliminary exam. Manslaughter and felony firearms, carrying a 9 year sentence. We laughed in their faces, and our lawyer said, "No, I really want to see you try to make a murder 2 charge stick here."

valerie wrote:

Question for ya, are you going to be able to be in court every day?

Or do you have to cut out for work early or something?

The only day that I'm scheduled to work during the time the trial will be going on is Tuesday, and no, I won't have to cut out early. These things start first thing in the morning, and are usually recessed by 2 or 3 pm. Plenty of time for me to get to work, but my boss does know what's going on and will excuse me if I happen to need to be late. She's been VERY good about this whole thing.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

mominiowa

The trial starts Monday

Post by mominiowa »

BR--:-6 I will be thinking of you both!! You gave me goose bumps reading that--It is a sign! A very good sign! Hold strong and keep your head high.Tell your hottie man that we are behind him 100%!! Much love to you!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
CARLA

The trial starts Monday

Post by CARLA »

BR, I'm praying very hard for Bullet this news is good I hope it will mean a dismissal and an end to this whole mess..:o If the dead guy shot first that would be self defense in my book...:cool: Now I'm sure there are some legal shades of grey but in the end it is self defense.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

weeder

The trial starts Monday

Post by weeder »

Sounds good...hope the new evidence helps bullett. Enjoy Saturday. Good luck on Monday.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Nomad

The trial starts Monday

Post by Nomad »

You guys are going to be ok...Nomads intuition. ;)
I AM AWESOME MAN
BabyRider

The trial starts Monday

Post by BabyRider »

Thanks so much to everyone and for all the support. It will turn out fine, I'm sure of that now. :-6
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

abbey

The trial starts Monday

Post by abbey »

Sending all my hopes and wishes and hugs and good thoughts and love to you both.

I'm sure it's going to be fine Criss X :yh_hugs
minks

The trial starts Monday

Post by minks »

along with my lucky fish

Attached files
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
abbey

The trial starts Monday

Post by abbey »

minks wrote: along with my lucky fish :-2 Why's it lucky?
minks

The trial starts Monday

Post by minks »

abbey wrote: :-2 Why's it lucky?

Cause no one else has a lucky fish so I thought I would give it a whirl. As long as I have had it in my pic file I have not had anything bad happen to me, so I thought I would start a new trend. As well it adds a bit of levity to a situation.

:)

― Mae West
pina

The trial starts Monday

Post by pina »

Good luck with the trial, I hope everything turns out ok for you both. :-4

sunny104

The trial starts Monday

Post by sunny104 »

Best wishes to you both!!! :-6
chrisb84uk

The trial starts Monday

Post by chrisb84uk »

Good luck to you both BR, I'm certain that the trial will go well, and you will have nothing to worry about!! Good wishes and thoughts to you both during this time!! :)
chonsigirl

The trial starts Monday

Post by chonsigirl »

Good luck you two! It will work out fine!:)
BabyRider

The trial starts Monday

Post by BabyRider »

Hey gang......we're getting ready to leave for the courthouse right now. Today is probably going to be just jury selection, but if it goes quickly, they will start the trail today. We'll see what happens and I'll post when we get home.

Keep your fingers crossed.....
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

chrisb84uk

The trial starts Monday

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well if your jury selection is anything to go by like ours then you could be there all day, I hope that isn't the case though. Best of luck for you today BR, I'm sure that everything will go well!!! :)
minks

The trial starts Monday

Post by minks »

Keep us posted on how things turn out. We are here for you.

M

― Mae West
pina

The trial starts Monday

Post by pina »

My thoughts are with you both today, good luck. :-4

Sheryl

The trial starts Monday

Post by Sheryl »

:D Thinking positive thoughts for ya and Bullet. Everything's gonna be A-Ok.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Bez

The trial starts Monday

Post by Bez »

It's gonna be fine....:-4 :yh_hugs :yh_hugs a hug for you both
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
BabyRider

The trial starts Monday

Post by BabyRider »

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys!! We're home, (obviously), and jury selection took about 3 hours. I was not allowed in the courtroom during the process, so I was back and forth upstairs and down, smoking, sitting, reading, pacing, jumping every time the damn courtroom door opened, and sitting right across from me was the dead guy's mother and brother. We were the only 3 in the hallway. THAT was tough. I feel bad for any mother who loses a son, but I can't help thinking, "HE'S the one who raised the stakes to the level he did by shooting at Bullet first."

Anyway, I'm not about to get all emotional right now, Bullet filled me in on the process and I am VERY impressed with the judge we got. He is a very intelligent, quick-witted even funny man. I did get to hear him deal with some other cases before he got to us, and I am SO very impressed with him. He's a black man, about 45 or so, and is so articulate and good-humored, you'd think you were having a conversation with a favorite uncle or something. I have complete faith that he is going to be totally fair. When Bullet finally came out, (to a very stressed-out BR) he said "Let's go home, I'll tell you about it on the way."

Our lawyer is a friggin' genius. He pulled some very neat tricks and rooted out an anti-gun woman, and a few idiots, and the judge himself got rid of a couple for his own reasons. All in all, Bullet is very happy with his jury. Tomorrow morning, opening arguments start at 8:30, so I will be here after to fill you in again. I'm gonna cruise around the forum a bit, then we are going for a nice long ride.

Thanks for all your thoughts, and KEEP THEM COMING!!!

Luv you guys....:-6 :-4
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

The trial starts Monday

Post by Bryn Mawr »

With a fair judge, a reasonable jury and a smart lawyer you're half way there.

The very best of luck
gande06

The trial starts Monday

Post by gande06 »

No witnesses means no substantial corroborating evidence!! It looks as though the prosecuting attorney has no real chance of winning and a dismissal of any and all charges is in order. My prayers go out to you and bullet and your entire family. It was my pleasure meeting all of you Saturday. I pray that this mess will soon be entirely in your past! I also hope that those words I heard Saturday come true..... may ALL of your future ups and downs only be between your sheets!! :)
Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it!

Anything less than mad, passionate love is wasting your time... Life has too many mediocre things in it, love shouldn't be one of them!

You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes, and her eyes everywhere in the world.
actionfigurestepho

The trial starts Monday

Post by actionfigurestepho »

This seems like great news...I really hope this clears up and you guys can move past this and enjoy your life as boring old married people :) Congrats on the honeymoon trip, BTW. :-4
nvalleyvee

The trial starts Monday

Post by nvalleyvee »

I didn't realize you had so much going on in your personal life. It sounds like a good start. I'll be thinking of you and yours for a very quick end to a bunch of trouble.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

The trial starts Monday

Post by CARLA »

BR, it all sound good so far hopefully it will be a short trial and be done by weeks end. Your both in my thoughts and prayers..:-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Tombstone

The trial starts Monday

Post by Tombstone »

BR, anxiously awaiting....
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
minks

The trial starts Monday

Post by minks »

Tombstone wrote: BR, anxiously awaiting....

ditto

― Mae West
mominiowa

The trial starts Monday

Post by mominiowa »

Nothing yet?? Could some one copy and paste her next blog and send it to my email address toadyx4@hotmail.com cuz its so hard for me to log in to the FG at the hospital...I am thinking of you BR!!!! MUCH LOVE!!

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
BabyRider

The trial starts Monday

Post by BabyRider »

Sorry you guys had to wait so long!! It took all day today, but it went AWESOME!!! Our lawyer is more than a genius, he's a friggin' GOD of lawyers.

Every single witness the prosecution brought forward today, he shot out of the water, creating so much "reasonable doubt" that you could SMELL it. The prosecutions prime, star witness? The dude who ran and is now serving a 2 year stint for armed home invasion? They brought him in, shackles and prison browns, set him on the stand, where he proceeded to contradict his initial statement, then he contradicted things he'd said 3 minutes earlier!! We heard about 5 different versions of his story on the stand toay, and not a person in the place bought it. Including the prosecutor himself. Even the EXPERTS, like the M.E., our lawyer blew out of the water.

All he has to do is create doubt, and like I said, there's so much doubt, it's coming out our ears. It went better than I could ever have hoped for. I kept glancing at my dad and cupping my ear. It's our own private joke meaning, "What's that I hear?? A case coming apart and crumbling around your feet??" :yh_rotfl

Guys, I am SO certain this is going to work out. The jury was visibly incredulous when the "star" witness was up there. It was a beautiful thing to watch our lawyer take him apart. Beautiful.....
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

The trial starts Monday

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BabyRider wrote:

Guys, I am SO certain this is going to work out. The jury was visibly incredulous when the "star" witness was up there. It was a beautiful thing to watch our lawyer take him apart. Beautiful.....

A wonderful start - and they don't have too many more witnesses to bring do they?

If even the medical evidence doesn't stack up then there's a lot to be hopeful about.
Tombstone

The trial starts Monday

Post by Tombstone »

Excellent! Too bad nothing can be done about that prosecuting attorney. Sounds like he has an ax to grind.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
abbey

The trial starts Monday

Post by abbey »

Wonderful news. :-4
pina

The trial starts Monday

Post by pina »

Great news lets hope the rest of the trial goes the same way. :)

weeder

The trial starts Monday

Post by weeder »

Sounds Good... Fingers crossed
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
spot

The trial starts Monday

Post by spot »

What notion have you at the moment of the trial's duration, BR? It sounds a good start.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Members' News”