Explain Your User Name

A place to explain or ask another member to explain the meaning behind their avatar.
Bryn Mawr

Explain Your User Name

Post by Bryn Mawr »

As a parallel to explaining your Avatar, why did you choose the name you use?

Some of them are obvoius (Weeder springs to mind) and some less so.

Mine was easy - as I've said elsewhere, Brynmawr is the village in Wales where I was born. Any others?
pink princess

Explain Your User Name

Post by pink princess »

um its what my hubby calls me sometimes if were out shopping and i pick up a pink top, hell call me a pink princess!

and...

i love pink and im a total princess!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
chocoholic

Explain Your User Name

Post by chocoholic »

Name and Avatar say it all really, don't they?

CHOCOLATE is a life food.

I could give Dawn French a run for her money when it comes to eating choccies!!:yh_pig :yh_pig
Tigerlily

Explain Your User Name

Post by Tigerlily »

Mine is the name of our deceased cat. She was a tabby from a rescue place and walked with her head and tail low. My husband said she looked like a tiger, so we called her Tiger, but that's a boy's name so her Sunday name was Tigerlily.
spot

Explain Your User Name

Post by spot »

Mine's monosyllabic. I don't think anything else came into consideration when I registered. I like terse and pronouncable. Anyone with three or more syllables or no vowels should get an auto-ban. Other than that, I'm tolerant.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
DesignerGal

Explain Your User Name

Post by DesignerGal »

I design my house and I am a woman. Not too exciting I know.

HBIC
Santanico

Explain Your User Name

Post by Santanico »

One of my favourite movies of all time is From Dusk Till Dawn. Santanico Pandemonium is a character from the movie played by Salma Hayek, and I would give just about anything to look as good as that woman does in that movie!

Sad, huh? :o
chonsigirl

Explain Your User Name

Post by chonsigirl »

Chonsi was my nickname in high school.

:)

Still is today.
Marie5656

Explain Your User Name

Post by Marie5656 »

Mine is boring. My name plus my house number. Actually, I live at number 56..just doubled it. The number 56 by the way has a habit of showing up alot in my family.

When my brother started his business, the street address of his first location was 56. He ended up becoming VERY successful. So he always considered 56 a lucky number. Then I buy my first house...number 56. My home phone number has the number 56 in it...as does the phone number of the bar my niece owns (which, also is doing well)

So, there.:thinking:
Uncle Kram

Explain Your User Name

Post by Uncle Kram »

Kram is just Mark backwards. It was SO hilarious in 1971, I don't mind telling you. Unparalleled and never-to-be-forgotten mirth for all present. It's the same reason I call my friends Bob and Hannah, Bob and Hannah.

The Uncle prefix came about in 1981 when our only friend who had a kid added it for the benefit of his son. It's an optional extra but is often used, especially when I'm introduced to people for some reason. Respect I guess :wah:

Yeah...whatever :rolleyes:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
minks

Explain Your User Name

Post by minks »

Well my avatar never remains the same so am glad you didn't ask about that hah!

Name gosh long story,

My first forum experience I had a long name, and it got shortned by many members and then I left that forum, and joined another and used a shorter version, then an old friend started up a new forum and she emailed me and asked me to join and she took the liberty to call me an even shorter name, and like spot in a way I wanted a single syllable for a name and from MZKK my friend derived Minks. So I kept it and have tried to live up to the name ever since.

But truthfully, this friend passed away and in her honor I keep my name.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Philadelphia Eagle

Explain Your User Name

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

I'm from Philadelphia - "The City of Brotherly Love" - and the Eagle is, of course, the nation's national emblem.

If you add to that the name of the famous NFL football team - well - there you have it!
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
BabyRider

Explain Your User Name

Post by BabyRider »

When I first came on the forum, I was just learning to ride, hence "Baby" Rider. If I could change it, I probably would, but to what? "Old"Rider? I dunno....

(Oh, and my apologies to spot for having 4 syllables. :yh_rotfl )
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Lon

Explain Your User Name

Post by Lon »

Forum Garden is the only place on the Web that I use my real nickname of Lon, which is short for ALONZO
Uncle Kram

Explain Your User Name

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinky wrote:

I have a pink motorbike, and friends started calling me Pinky because of it.

Lucky it wasn't turquoise - Wouldn't be the same would it?

I always thought it was because you were perky. :D

chocoholic

Explain Your User Name

Post by chocoholic »

Uncle Kram wrote: Lucky it wasn't turquoise - Wouldn't be the same would it?

I always thought it was because you were perky. :D
PINKY - PERKY ? Think what fun you could have had with your Avatar!

Accountable

Explain Your User Name

Post by Accountable »

I joined in a relatively serious mood and wanted to jump into the deep end of the pool. I figured what the heck; I was in over my head anyway. :driving:

I chose my nickname because I knew it was something I would have to work to represent. It keeps me on the level ... usually. :o
Richard Bell

Explain Your User Name

Post by Richard Bell »

I belong to other forums where using a name other than your real name more or less categorises you as as an AOL type (not a flattering or desirable thing). I signed on to FG under my real name, in the interests of consistancy

I can't use my trademark avatar here (until I pony up the $$$), so I selected one of the giveaway ones.

R.B.
Uncle Kram

Explain Your User Name

Post by Uncle Kram »

Accountable wrote: I joined in a relatively serious mood and wanted to jump into the deep end of the pool. I figured what the heck; I was in over my head anyway. :driving:

I chose my nickname because I knew it was something I would have to work to represent. It keeps me on the level ... usually. :o
Funny really - in my minds eye I've always seen you as a financial chap :thinking:

orangesox1

Explain Your User Name

Post by orangesox1 »

A male friend gave me a present for my birthday years ago, he said "open it alone" and as I started to open the present, his and my teenage daughter came into the room where I was. I pulled out an orange hat and a sexy orange thong fell to the floor. His daughter shouted Dad said "he bought you socks". So orange sox became a bit of a joke amongst us.:lips:
Uncle Kram

Explain Your User Name

Post by Uncle Kram »

orangesox1 wrote: A male friend gave me a present for my birthday years ago, he said "open it alone" and as I started to open the present, his and my teenage daughter came into the room where I was. I pulled out an orange hat and a sexy orange thong fell to the floor. His daughter shouted Dad said "he bought you socks". So orange sox became a bit of a joke amongst us.:lips:
:wah: That's a good one

orangesox1

Explain Your User Name

Post by orangesox1 »

Uncle Kram wrote: :wah: That's a good one

That was four years ago, he still buys me the sexiest underwear. I'll probably marry him next year.:-4 Just so I can have a life time supply of sexy things:sneaky:
Uncle Kram

Explain Your User Name

Post by Uncle Kram »

orangesox1 wrote: That was four years ago, he still buys me the sexiest underwear. I'll probably marry him next year.:-4 Just so I can have a life time supply of sexy things:sneaky:

........like socks ? :D

orangesox1

Explain Your User Name

Post by orangesox1 »

Uncle Kram wrote: ........like socks ? :D

Yep, all kinds of lacy sox:D
nihilisticmadman

Explain Your User Name

Post by nihilisticmadman »

belief + mind + body = nihilistic mad man... easy...

myspace
spot

Explain Your User Name

Post by spot »

nihilisticmadman wrote: belief + mind + body = nihilistic mad man... easy...You call that an anagram?

inimical damn **** = nihilistic mad man

Now *that's* an anagram.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
nihilisticmadman

Explain Your User Name

spot wrote: You call that an anagram?

inimical damn **** = nihilistic mad man

Now *that's* an anagram.

Who said it was an anagram?

myspace
spot

Explain Your User Name

Post by spot »

nihilisticmadman wrote: Who said it was an anagram?I got the wrong half of the equation?

belief + mind + body = boy filmed in bed

That balances too.
nihilisticmadman

Explain Your User Name

spot wrote: I got the wrong half of the equation?

belief + mind + body = boy filmed in bed

That balances too.

I should have use => instead...

boy filmed in bed sounds good tho :p

myspace
spot

Explain Your User Name

Post by spot »

SnoozeControl wrote: Although I might think of another meaning later. :thinking:We've all got your number, ducky[1]. SnoozeControl = Scorn tool zone.

[1]: A purely English expression, approximating in meaning to the biblical "I know thy works".
spot

Explain Your User Name

Post by spot »

SnoozeControl wrote: When you say "tool" you don't mean a hammer, do you? :-2Umm. No.

Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense, for all that.
DesignerGal

Explain Your User Name

Post by DesignerGal »

spot wrote: Umm. No.

Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense, for all that.

I only got Badly and Even. WHat's the rest?

HBIC
spot

Explain Your User Name

Post by spot »

DesignerGal wrote: I only got Badly and Even. WHat's the rest?Evil be to he who thinks evil of it?
sunny104

Explain Your User Name

Post by sunny104 »

Uncle Kram wrote: Funny really - in my minds eye I've always seen you as a financial chap :thinking:

Accountable has a much nicer ring to it than Financial! :thinking:

Sunny is one of my 2 nicknames and 10-4 because I was a truck driver for 5 years! :-6
Saffron

Explain Your User Name

Post by Saffron »

Mine sounds kind of Bohemian. And I just like the way it sounds. :)
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
BillyMadisonfan

Explain Your User Name

Post by BillyMadisonfan »

My User name's is very easy too figure out the meaning of. My favorite actor is Adam Sandler and my favorite movie is Billy Madison.
chonsigirl

Explain Your User Name

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, I got the meaning of your name right away!
cherandbuster

Explain Your User Name

Post by cherandbuster »

My user name is as straightforward as they come.

My name is Cher and my dog's name is Buster.

He and I are best buddies.

I always ask him his opinion on things before I post my responses here.:thinking:

We're a great team:)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

shelleybelle73

Explain Your User Name

Post by shelleybelle73 »

My Name is Michelle but no one calls me that except my mum when im in BIG trouble :wah: so all my friends and family call me Shelley or Shelleybelle and 73 is the year I was born.

Kinda boring....sorry guys, :lips:

*shelley kicks herself for not being inventive or original :sneaky:

D'oh!!!!
Shelleybelle73 :yh_hugs

Breathe in, Breathe out, thats all any of us can do at the end of the day... :yh_whistl

All My Love & Best Wishes to Babyrider

I've missed you guys so much...... :-4
AussiePam

Explain Your User Name

Post by AussiePam »

Selecting AussiePam was a very random choice and has no relation either to my name or my nationality. (Don't tell anyone, but really I'm a big Bulgarian bloke called Boris. AussiePam sounded better than BulgyBoris). Spot, please just call me Pam. And to the pure all things are pure. There, put that in old French!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “Explain Your Avatar!”