S.A. prejudism

A forum to discuss local issues in OK, TX, NM, AZ.
conanscaseclosed

S.A. prejudism

Post by conanscaseclosed »

I moved to San antonio, Tx over 6 years now. Its a great party town, a party for anything.

But I found quit a few people here are prejudice towards white folks.

It really saddens me that my son is treated like crap. I know how people can be and can get past it, but kids...

I do hope that things will get better. I pray that people will change. :-5
BTS

S.A. prejudism

Post by BTS »

conanscaseclosed wrote: I moved to San antonio, Tx over 6 years now. Its a great party town, a party for anything.

But I found quit a few people here are prejudice towards white folks.

It really saddens me that my son is treated like crap. I know how people can be and can get past it, but kids...

I do hope that things will get better. I pray that people will change. :-5
Oh come on now....conanscaseclosed......reverse discimination?

How can that be in the land of milk and hunny?:yh_money

You know whatever we white folks get we deserve.

Shucks we ruined this here land, took it from the Indians and Mexicans.

Enslaved the negros. Golly gee, a Gringo can't even hardly celebrate Columbus day as he imported all those killer diseases (on purpose too I suppose)

Yes we need to listen to the greenies and turn the west back into turtle island and just get the heck out of America. Give it ALL back to the Indians, Mexicans and nature. Then all would be fine.

"VIVA La Raza" or was that "Remember the Alamo?" I forget.

Oh I remember now..........

"DO NOT TREAD ON ME"

:-5
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
MicahLorain

S.A. prejudism

Post by MicahLorain »

It was recently announced in the press that California, New Mexico, Hawaii and Arizona all have white populations lower than that of former minorities. The Hispanic population is surging nationwide. Muslims outnumber Christians worldwide as well. It's time we get used to the New World. Will whites deal with prejudice and racism differently??
nvalleyvee

S.A. prejudism

Post by nvalleyvee »

MicahLorain wrote: It was recently announced in the press that California, New Mexico, Hawaii and Arizona all have white populations lower than that of former minorities. The Hispanic population is surging nationwide. Muslims outnumber Christians worldwide as well. It's time we get used to the New World. Will whites deal with prejudice and racism differently??

Welcome to my world - and I'm a white WOMAN who is going to be 50 this year. Unemployable, Unmarriable and just plain OLD...........I put the back of my hand to my forehead and DEEP SIGH - poor me............yeah right. :driving:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
MicahLorain

S.A. prejudism

Post by MicahLorain »

nvalleyvee wrote: Welcome to my world - and I'm a white WOMAN who is going to be 50 this year. Unemployable, Unmarriable and just plain OLD...........I put the back of my hand to my forehead and DEEP SIGH - poor me............yeah right. :driving:
It will be interesting to see how whites will react to job discrimination, being attacked for walking through the wrong area, viewed suspiciously at stores, restaurants and airports, under representation in the media and exposed to groups that are open about how much they hate your race. Like I said; It'll be interesting!:yh_think
conanscaseclosed

S.A. prejudism

Post by conanscaseclosed »

Racism is racism. I am experencing those things. I have had applications for jobs thrown away because I was a woman in a man realm. (trucking) How do I know that. Because I bugged them for the job. They are still looking. Ha All the problems here that I have had are from the Hispanic Women here. I know its few bad apples that can spoil the bunch. Thats why I'm fighting to have normality.

I live in a Country based on Freedom. We all want the same thing if we are here. Why cant we treat each other that way. :-5
MicahLorain

S.A. prejudism

Post by MicahLorain »

conanscaseclosed wrote: Racism is racism. I am experencing those things. I have had applications for jobs thrown away because I was a woman in a man realm. (trucking) How do I know that. Because I bugged them for the job. They are still looking. Ha All the problems here that I have had are from the Hispanic Women here. I know its few bad apples that can spoil the bunch. Thats why I'm fighting to have normality.

I live in a Country based on Freedom. We all want the same thing if we are here. Why cant we treat each other that way. :-5
Because the conservative Bible beaters are in power.
Lennox

S.A. prejudism

Post by Lennox »

I don't really think things are screwed up due to the conservative bible beaters, but those individuals who are xenophobes. I'm a 26 year old African American male who just happens to be 6'2" and 265lbs. Needless to say I'm a bit intimidating to look. Since I was in middle school I've had to deal with being followed around stores, bags clutched when I get too close, and doors locked when I pass the cars. Being in Texas following Katrina, I've had to deal with more speculation and prejudiced people, all of which assuming that because I am from the New Orleans Metro area I have committed some type of crime or am uneducated. My parents grew up in rural Mississippi during the 50's and 60's (they weren't too far from where Emmett Till was killed). Though the racism that my parents endured and the hardships I've dealt with have been frustrating, I'd never put the same hatred onto another group just because it was placed on me. The problem with this country is not the conservative right, but the Xenophobes that are afraid of change. In no instance is being prejudiced acceptable. I just deal with what happens in my life, don't get too upset about what happens, and try to make sure that what happens to me doesn't happen to my kids.
Jives

S.A. prejudism

Post by Jives »

MicahLorain wrote: It was recently announced in the press that California, New Mexico, Hawaii and Arizona all have white populations lower than that of former minorities. The Hispanic population is surging nationwide. Muslims outnumber Christians worldwide as well. It's time we get used to the New World. Will whites deal with prejudice and racism differently??

White people are going to be a minority?! That's great news! Benefits from the state, employment preference, Hey! Maybe my kid can get a college scholarship now!

Mabe I can even say I'm proud of my race now without being called a "Nazi";)
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Lennox

S.A. prejudism

Post by Lennox »

Jives wrote: White people are going to be a minority?! That's great news! Benefits from the state, employment preference, Hey! Maybe my kid can get a college scholarship now!

Are you serious? You and your kids have always gotten preference over my peers and I. Whether it is something as simple as getting service at a car dealership or being thrown on the hood of a car while 5 police officers surround you because "...you were driving with your foglights on." It is not good for any group to be a minority because then they will be subject to the same ostracizing and hatred that other minority groups have had to deal with for centuries. In lieu of sitting back and hoping that your kid gets some preferential treatment, tell him or her to work harder. I don't look at situations and say, "Due to the fact that I'm black I have to work harder." I say "Due to the fact that I want to be successful in life and rich, I have to work harder. If I fail, it's not because I'm black it's because I wasn't trying hard enough. I sit around and wait fo no preference from no one.
DesignerGal

S.A. prejudism

Post by DesignerGal »

Lennox wrote: Are you serious? You and your kids have always gotten preference over my peers and I. Whether it is something as simple as getting service at a car dealership or being thrown on the hood of a car while 5 police officers surround you because "...you were driving with your foglights on." It is not good for any group to be a minority because then they will be subject to the same ostracizing and hatred that other minority groups have had to deal with for centuries. In lieu of sitting back and hoping that your kid gets some preferential treatment, tell him or her to work harder. I don't look at situations and say, "Due to the fact that I'm black I have to work harder." I say "Due to the fact that I want to be successful in life and rich, I have to work harder. If I fail, it's not because I'm black it's because I wasn't trying hard enough. I sit around and wait fo no preference from no one.

Here Here! Cheers! I agree.

Sometimes I am treated differently because I look 16 and am 29. I know its not really the same but I get such satisfaction whipping out my license for patronizing, prejudice a$$holes.

HBIC
Jives

S.A. prejudism

Post by Jives »

Lennox wrote: Are you serious? You and your kids have always gotten preference over my peers and I..

A rather broad statement, don't you think? Especially considering I live in the poorest state in the nation? Anyway, my point was that anglos have really taken a bashing lately. It isn't cool to be white. A little girl tried to start a "white pride" club at a school in California to go along with the black pride and the brown pride clubs and she was reviled as a racist. Some Black Americans even called for reparations for salvery from white people, which I find funny since my second cousin is Abraham Linclon. In my own city, the only way to get a job at the four Corners Power Plant is to be Navajo.

You get the idea.:cool:

I really just meant that perhaps I could say that I was proud to be "White" again, without fear of being reviled as a racist.
Lennox

S.A. prejudism

Post by Lennox »

Jives wrote: A rather broad statement, don't you think? Especially considering I live in the poorest state in the nation? Anyway, my point was that anglos have really taken a bashing lately. It isn't cool to be white. A little girl tried to start a "white pride" club at a school in California to go along with the black pride and the brown pride clubs and she was reviled as a racist. Some Black Americans even called for reparations for salvery from white people, which I find funny since my second cousin is Abraham Linclon. In my own city, the only way to get a job at the four Corners Power Plant is to be Navajo.

You get the idea.:cool:

I really just meant that perhaps I could say that I was proud to be "White" again, without fear of being reviled as a racist.

By no means do I consider you a racist, nor do I consider anyone who has pride in their race a racist. I think it's sad that there are such things white pride groups and black pride groups. I'm one of the very fortunate individuals that grew up with everyone, Asians, Muslims, White and Black folk, and Hispanics. I truly don't see color, I see people and a few jackasses thrown in here and there. I understand what you are saying now. As far as reparations go, I am fully against that. That's just a dumb idea. How about instead of trying to get rich off the past, we learn from it and move on. The sad fact is that a nice chunk of those who were to get reparations would mismanage the money and be broke again, but that's a topic for a later date.
anastrophe

S.A. prejudism

Post by anastrophe »

Jives wrote:

being proud that you share the same color skin with others seems...silly.

the concept of 'race' is so badly broken as to be essentially meaningless. race is an artificial construct, with no real biological basis.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Jives

S.A. prejudism

Post by Jives »

anastrophe wrote: being proud that you share the same color skin with others seems...silly.

the concept of 'race' is so badly broken as to be essentially meaningless. race is an artificial construct, with no real biological basis.

Ok, I have to agree! How about I'm proud to be "Swedish-American!"

BTW...Lennox, that's how I was raised. In my home there were Black Americans, Native Americans, and Anglo Americans. Emphasis on the American!

;)
sunny104

S.A. prejudism

Post by sunny104 »

Lennox wrote: I truly don't see color

You have the same view on things as I do! :)

Welcome to FG by the way! :)
Accountable

S.A. prejudism

Post by Accountable »

Lennox wrote: I don't really think things are screwed up due to the conservative bible beaters, but those individuals who are xenophobes. I'm a 26 year old African American male who just happens to be 6'2" and 265lbs. Needless to say I'm a bit intimidating to look. Since I was in middle school I've had to deal with being followed around stores, bags clutched when I get too close, and doors locked when I pass the cars. Being in Texas following Katrina, I've had to deal with more speculation and prejudiced people, all of which assuming that because I am from the New Orleans Metro area I have committed some type of crime or am uneducated. My parents grew up in rural Mississippi during the 50's and 60's (they weren't too far from where Emmett Till was killed). Though the racism that my parents endured and the hardships I've dealt with have been frustrating, I'd never put the same hatred onto another group just because it was placed on me. The problem with this country is not the conservative right, but the Xenophobes that are afraid of change. In no instance is being prejudiced acceptable. I just deal with what happens in my life, don't get too upset about what happens, and try to make sure that what happens to me doesn't happen to my kids.
Were you an evacuee? Where were you? Feel free to send me a private message if you wish. Of course, feel free to stay on the subect as well, without me pulling you off the topic. :o

And welcome! :-6

Return to “South West”