I don't understand this:

valerie

I don't understand this:

Post by valerie »

Why they are going after shop owners, when the buyer has completed

paperwork and passed a background check. How is the store owner

supposed to prevent the weapon being handed off to someone else?

By SARA KUGLER

NEW YORK (AP) - The city is suing 15 out-of-state gun shops it says supply a significant portion of the guns that flow into New York, including some that end up in the hands of criminals.

The lawsuit being filed Monday asks the federal court to order supervision and extra training for the dealers in Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia. It also seeks some damages and compensation.

"By and large, most gun dealers respect and follow the law, but the small group of dealers that do not should be held accountable," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

The city's law department singled out the 15 gun shops after hiring private investigators who fanned out to dealers in the five states over the past several weeks.

Wearing hidden cameras, the investigators entered stores in teams of two and attempted "straw purchases," in which the buyer completes the paperwork and passes the background check, but later hands over the weapon to someone else who is not allowed to own a firearm. The scam, prohibited by federal law, is typically used by people who are under 21 or convicted felons. The 15 dealers named in the suit sold guns to the undercover investigators. The city said the sales were refused at about 30 other shops.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

BabyRider

I don't understand this:

Post by BabyRider »

Oh fer chrissakes....How the hell is the dealer supposed to know what happens when the damn gun leaves his store??? That's like someone breaking into my house, stealing my gun while I'm on vacation, killing someone with it, and charging ME with murder. Ridiculous. Absurd. :-5
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

The Red One

I don't understand this:

Post by The Red One »

It's all PC. No matter how it's written or done. If it's not the music making people kill people, it's something else. It P!sses me off they're doing this. I am a gun owner, a member of the NRA and others. There is almost no extent of the arm of the ass holes who start this crap. Yes, a gun can kill, but it takes someone to pull the trigger to make it go bang and not be a paper weight.

It's kind of like MADD, mother's against drunk driving, they're not suing the beer companies for their family member(s) dying in a DD wreck. The only difference is one is liquid, the other solid.

I probably made no sense did I? Oh well...... :D
BabyRider

I don't understand this:

Post by BabyRider »

The Red One wrote: It's all PC. No matter how it's written or done. If it's not the music making people kill people, it's something else. It P!sses me off they're doing this. I am a gun owner, a member of the NRA and others. There is almost no extent of the arm of the ass holes who start this crap. Yes, a gun can kill, but it takes someone to pull the trigger to make it go bang and not be a paper weight.

It's kind of like MADD, mother's against drunk driving, they're not suing the beer companies for their family member(s) dying in a DD wreck. The only difference is one is liquid, the other solid.

I probably made no sense did I? Oh well...... :D
To push the point further, guns do NOT kill people. People kill people.

I agree about the MADD whackos. But let's not give them any ideas...:yh_eyerol

Why on earth would you be an NRA member, may I ask?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

The Red One

I don't understand this:

Post by The Red One »

I'm an NRA member well.....I just am :wah:. My hubby has been one for years and I just signed up. No specific reason other than I wanted to. I've thought about joining SAS, second amendment sisters, just to do it. I believe in the rights to bear arms and I believe in protecting what is mine. I also like to be heard occassionally(?), not often though. :D
BabyRider

I don't understand this:

Post by BabyRider »

The Red One wrote: I'm an NRA member well.....I just am :wah:. My hubby has been one for years and I just signed up. No specific reason other than I wanted to. I've thought about joining SAS, second amendment sisters, just to do it. I believe in the rights to bear arms and I believe in protecting what is mine. I also like to be heard occassionally(?), not often though. :D
While I agree with everything the NRA stands for, I would never become a member. If the day comes when the government decides they are going to come take our guns, what better place to start than the list of NRA members??

Call me paranoid, but I don't want my name and address on that list.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Return to “Gun Control”