Makes a lotta scents...

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
valerie

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by valerie »

When my brother was a little boy, he used to call it "pewfume" isn't that

cute? And as he got a little older, he would save up his allowance and buy

his mother and sisters the biggest bottles of "pewfume" that he could find.

And then giggle like mad when we exclaimed over how wonderful it was!

My fave "pewfumes" I can't afford to buy any more, but when I was a

"working girl" making good money I'd buy myself one bottle of Shalimar

and one bottle of Joy every year.

:-4
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

abbey

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by abbey »

Valerie, i have a bottle of Joy by Jean Patou and believe it or not i've had it for 8 years!! i keep it in a tin & use it very rarely and its as good now as the day it was bought.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

I must have about 30 bottles of perfume i just love so many YSL DUNE OBSESSION CINNIBAR BEAUTIFUL YOUTH DEW PARIS any thing strong i get a bottle every year from hubby for valentines day and i buy myself a big bottle every time i go away . When i was a child i always remember my mum haveing lots of bottles i think thats where it stems from now my 15 year old is purfume mad, any one got an all time favourite. sarah jane
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Peg

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by Peg »

I'm more into the body sprays from Bath & Body works. Cucumber melon is great!
abbey

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by abbey »

My all time favorite is Chanel 19, i remember when i was a child my mum having "Evening in Paris" it was in a blue bottle and smelled lovely, i don't remember who made it, its strange but over the years i've had hundreds of different perfumes & can only recall the names of a handful but i'll never forget my mums scent.

Anyone else remember it, can you still buy it??
valerie

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by valerie »

abbey wrote: My all time favorite is Chanel 19, i remember when i was a child my mum having "Evening in Paris" it was in a blue bottle and smelled lovely, i don't remember who made it, its strange but over the years i've had hundreds of different perfumes & can only recall the names of a handful but i'll never forget my mums scent.

Anyone else remember it, can you still buy it??

You can still get it... I don't know the size of the bottle but it runs around $50.

I used to really like White Shoulders, too, 'till I found out a woman in my

husband's office wore it... don't think I will wear it again!

Looks like the bottle is 1.6 ounce. The Vermont Country Store has it.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

abbey

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by abbey »

Valerie thankyou so much, i've sent an e-mail to the country store to ask if they ship to the uk.

My mum will be over the moon if i manage to surprise her with a bottle of nostalgia X
valerie

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by valerie »

abbey wrote: Valerie thankyou so much, i've sent an e-mail to the country store to ask if they ship to the uk.

My mum will be over the moon if i manage to surprise her with a bottle of nostalgia X

You are very welcome. It would be way cool if you could get her a bottle,

let us know!!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

abbey

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by abbey »

valerie wrote: You are very welcome. It would be way cool if you could get her a bottle,

let us know!!Got mail off v.c.s & with shipping it'll work out at $79 but i have to phone my order in which is what i'll do Monday, can't wait to see her face when she gets it, Thankyou xx :)
Bill Sikes

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by Bill Sikes »

valerie wrote: when I was a

"working girl" making good money I'd buy myself one bottle of Shalimar

and one bottle of Joy every year.

The phrase "working girl" has a most unfortunate connotation, in the U.K. The only real thing I've got to say is that IMO females use, in general, far too much scent - a solid wall of smell is not very appealing to me, a suggestion of scent is much nicer! Also, I don't suppose that my views on chaps who splash on scent all over would be very well received by that sector of the population!
valerie

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by valerie »

Bill, I agree with you on using too much... why do you think a bottle of

Shalimar and one of Joy lasted me a whole year? :)

I know what you mean about working girl, it kinda can have a bad

connotation here, too, I was trying to take that away. Plus there was a

movie with that title (starring Melanie Griffith) that was pretty popular

and she wasn't the type of working girl you are thinking of, just a

secretary who moved up basically with her wits!!

Man, I wish LadyCop was around, she might have a thing or three to

say about "working girls"!!

:D
Tamsen's Dogster Page

minks

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by minks »

I am nutty for Body Shop's Pink Pepper Pewfume.

On the topic of scents, if we indulge in Pewfume, why do we need scented body lotion, hand lotion, face lotion, deoderant, shampoo etc?. With the trend here being light and fuity I could go out smelling like a fruit basket ready to be shipped to granny simms in the hospital. I don't want water melon on my armpits, peach on my hands, mango in my hair, banana on my lips etc. Oh and orange toothpaste. Crikey fruity or what.

And further more.... who decided mint was the ulitmate for fresh breath! I have unfortunately been blessed with a canine sense of smell and mint masking kulbasa is downright NASTY!!!

Mint gum, toothpast, mouthwash, breath mints gawd mixed with mouth odor is not all it's cracked up to be. Why mask can't we elliminate, just eat parsely or something even cucumber is better.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
valerie

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by valerie »

Love that signature line!!

I agree, the whole thing can get quite out of hand... watermelon in your

armpits now THAT'S funny!!

:yh_rotfl
Tamsen's Dogster Page

BabyRider

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by BabyRider »

Peg wrote: I'm more into the body sprays from Bath & Body works. Cucumber melon is great!
Peg, That's a great scent. I like the body sprays, too. Have you ever tried the cool citrus basil scent? That's a really refreshing, summery scent. I practically bathe in it, especially in the summer.

My favorite scent for pewfume, however, is Hanae Mori.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

minks

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by minks »

valerie wrote: Love that signature line!!

I agree, the whole thing can get quite out of hand... watermelon in your

armpits now THAT'S funny!!

:yh_rotfl

Thanks ya I thought it was a fun sig. Yeah some deoderant company makes watermelon pit stick gawd just what we need.

― Mae West
abbey

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by abbey »

valerie wrote: You are very welcome. It would be way cool if you could get her a bottle,

let us know!!
RE; Evening in Paris, forgot to tell you how i got on, i gave it to my mum & she could'nt believe her eyes it made her so nostalgic & we spent the afternoon talking about "The good old days".

Thankyou Valerie it was worth every penny and more xx :)
minks

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by minks »

abbey wrote: RE; Evening in Paris, forgot to tell you how i got on, i gave it to my mum & she could'nt believe her eyes it made her so nostalgic & we spent the afternoon talking about "The good old days".

Isn't the power of scent amazing!!!!! Just amagine how dull life would be if you lost that.

― Mae West
valerie

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by valerie »

abbey wrote: RE; Evening in Paris, forgot to tell you how i got on, i gave it to my mum & she could'nt believe her eyes it made her so nostalgic & we spent the afternoon talking about "The good old days".

Oh, that is great I'm so glad to hear it. Very nice thing to do for her... for the

both of you, actually!!

:-4
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Beth

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by Beth »

One of my favorite scents is Tommy Girl. It is great for every day usage. I really like Channel and my husband just got me Celine Dion's new fragrance. I really like it.

I am kinda picky about scents. Certain ones trigger really bad headaches and nausea and these do not. I also use to like Beautiful when I was younger but got tired of it.
chicagolosina

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by chicagolosina »

I wear Elizabeth Arden's "Green Tea" It's fresh, clean and not overpowering. I cannot stand flowery or musky scents, I go for the citrus based scents.

Plus it's CHEAP!! Maybe $49 for a large bottle, with shampoo,shower gel, lotion and louffa!
Sheryl

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by Sheryl »

Ok here's something from my Beauty Advisor binder

Fragrances come in many forms, the higher the concentration the longer lasting power. That is why there are lotions, body sprays and such. You can layer the fragrances for longer lasting power.

Eau de Parfum is highly concentrated and lasts 4 to 6 hours. 15% to 20% oils

Eau de Toilette is slighter lower, lasts 4 to 5 hours. 8% to 14% oils

Eau de Cologne is the lightest and only lasts 3 to 4 hours. less than 3% oils

Ok my faves are Sunflowers and a new that Avon will be coming out with called Always.

Sheryl
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
abbey

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by abbey »

Anything in your binder about a good face cream Sheryl? preferably one that when i put it on my skin looks like i'm in a wind tunnel (no wrinkles) :rolleyes:
Beth

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by Beth »

At night, I use old coffee and splash it on my skin. THe caffeine tightens it. But not every night.
abbey

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by abbey »

Beth wrote: At night, I use old coffee and splash it on my skin. THe caffeine tightens it. But not every night.
I would imagine that would stain your skin!

Can anyone recommend a good proprietry one?
Beth

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by Beth »

abbey wrote: I would imagine that would stain your skin!

Can anyone recommend a good proprietry one?No not really. It washes off. Besides, a stained skin would not be too bad in this area. Darker skin is usually desired. Leave it on for about a half hour to let the caffeine do it's job and then rinse off. You can also use coffee grounds in with facial mask.

I cannot offer a store bought suggestion, because I make a lot of natural facial mixtures, although I use a vitamin a and e Olay moisturizer with sunblock. I also do glycolic peels and microdermabrasion at home. That helps to rebuild colligen under the skin, making the skin look tighter. I've heard of some product that claims it is a face lift in a bottle, and have read that over time it worked. It seemed to help a few of my friends, I just don't know the name right now.
chicagolosina

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by chicagolosina »

abbey wrote: Anything in your binder about a good face cream Sheryl? preferably one that when i put it on my skin looks like i'm in a wind tunnel (no wrinkles) :rolleyes:

Oil of Olay regenerist....I love that stuff! My skin is soft, smooth and totally hydrated!! A little expensive though..especially when your kids use it for their stuffed toys! arggg! :lips:
Sheryl

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by Sheryl »

Retinol or Vitamin A are good products to help reduce appearences of lines and wrinkles.

AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) also helps reduce the lines and wrinkles. These are generally in exfoliation products.

Try looking for these ingrediants in your cleansing products.

Washing your face and applying a good night cream every night; will help in preventing further problems. And wear a moisterizer with sunscreen everyday!

I'm a Certified Beauty Advisor and Avon represenative, so I don't wanna list any recomendations and look like I'm pushing my products. :-3

Sheryl
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
LottomagicZ4941

Makes a lotta scents...

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

I own stock in Avon in my Contrafund. May also have it in a few other funds.

Can't remember the name of the Avon product the wife got from a co-worker but it worked better then some over the counter thing the Dr recommended she use for her dry pregnant skin.

We better stop before I post something that the wife would not be happy with me posting.

Nice to find a fellow MLMer here.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941

Return to “Fashion Clothing”