Friends Widow bring tears

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

(Background: One of my best friends at work (Bob) died last July.) As mentioned in another post, My retirement party was yesterday. It ended yesterday 40 minutes before a fruit basket arrived late at the restaurant for me. Today I found out the basket was sent by Bob's widow. The card on the basket saying, if Bob were still alive she knew he surely would have attended my party! (She knew we were close) My friend Fred who ran the party, had the basket that was delivered to that restaurant late, save it in their fridge.

Today, I met my friend Fred at the same restaurant, had lunch, and then took the basket home in my car, with tears in my eyes all the way home. It felt like My friend (Bob) that died was sort of with me in spirit. Very sad! :(

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
Jives

Post by Jives »

The loss of friends is one thing I just can't get used to as I get older. You have my support and sympathy, my friend.

My original group of "6 Muskateer" friends is down to just three now.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
cars

Post by cars »

tmbsgrl wrote: Cars,

I am sorry for your loss. I myself have lost a few friends to death. It is in my expierence the most painful thing.. Just to lose someone that you really care about.. Whether they are family or just friends you consider family. I Have sympathy for you. Bob will be with you always. He is in your heart forever. He will be there every step for the rest of your life. Hope you get to feeling better soon. You know we all are ALWAYS here for you to talk to if you need anything. :yh_hugs

Thanks tmbsgrl for your reassurance and sympathy, you are truly a very kind person. I appreciate all the support I'm getting from my FG friends, it does help!!!

cars

Post by cars »

Jives wrote: The loss of friends is one thing I just can't get used to as I get older. You have my support and sympathy, my friend.

My original group of "6 Muskateer" friends is down to just three now.

Jives, I know what you mean, it stinks getting older. I just lost another friend

last Tuesday. (He would have been only 65 in March) We were supposed to get together in Florida next month to go fishing. Guess he's fishing in the big pond in the sky! :wah:

Peg

Post by Peg »

I lost my best friend 23 years ago and I still miss him. I have no doubt that Bob was there with you celebrating.
cars

Post by cars »

Peg wrote: I lost my best friend 23 years ago and I still miss him. I have no doubt that Bob was there with you celebrating.

Wow Peg 23 years is a long time! He must have been real special! I kind of thought that to, Bob was there. Thanks for your support, it is appreciated!

LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

Hey Cars...Friends are people we love. They're sometimes more important than relatives. Let's say,, they're like your dog or cat or any pet you ever owned. EXCEPT they're real HUMAN beings. They are people who we truly love.

I am so sorry. I really am!

How blessed you were to know him.

He'll still be around to watch over you,

Just watch for him!

xxxxxxxxxoooooo

mama
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

tmbsgrl wrote: Cars,

I am sorry for your loss. I myself have lost a few friends to death. It is in my expierence the most painful thing.. Just to lose someone that you really care about.. Whether they are family or just friends you consider family. I Have sympathy for you. Bob will be with you always. He is in your heart forever. He will be there every step for the rest of your life. Hope you get to feeling better soon. You know we all are ALWAYS here for you to talk to if you need anything. :yh_hugs

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. You are absolutely right.

A friendship, a good friendship is a "10" in anyone's book.

There are honestly only a few really drop dead friendships we make in life and they are to be treasured!

xxxxxxxxxoooooooo

mama

xxxxx
cars

Post by cars »

Godiva Girl wrote: Cars,

I am sorry for the loss of your friends, but remember that they are always with you in spirit while they are fishing in that big lake in the sky

GG, Thankyou for your support, it is much appreciated.

cars

Post by cars »

LoveMama wrote: Hey Cars...Friends are people we love. They're sometimes more important than relatives. Let's say,, they're like your dog or cat or any pet you ever owned. EXCEPT they're real HUMAN beings. They are people who we truly love.

I am so sorry. I really am!

How blessed you were to know him.

He'll still be around to watch over you,

Just watch for him!

xxxxxxxxxoooooo

mama

mama, Thankyou for your kind words, they are much appreciated. My FG friends such as yourself are helping me get through this rough time.

Return to “General Chit Chat”