my baby

Share photos of yourself or your family. Have more to share? Start your Blog at www.forumgarden.net
anastrophe

my baby

Post by anastrophe »

nice ride!

i set up a website when i bought my car a few years back. i went for cheap and fast, as you'll see. :D

http://wrx.anastrophe.com
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Tombstone

my baby

Post by Tombstone »

jwolf7722 wrote: here is where alot of my time goes into. i seriously have a love for cars

Sweet ride jwolf!

It looks like you are maintaining her nicely. I used to always have at least one fast car in my garage. That changed for some reason about 6 years ago. :)

I now drive a nice big pickup truck that I can't live without. (Kids bikes, hauling, gravel, wood, yard work, camper, you name it.) Something I just couldn't do with my musclecar two seaters.

I fulfill my need for speed and acceleration by riding my dirt bike. My sons ride with me now that they are older and we have a grand time.

bye!

Attached files
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
CVX

my baby

Post by CVX »

I like WRX's. Is your car still looking good? Any modifications that you've done? Actually, if you have done any performance mods, which one has resulted in the largest gain?

anastrophe wrote: nice ride!

i set up a website when i bought my car a few years back. i went for cheap and fast, as you'll see. :D

http://wrx.anastrophe.com
anastrophe

my baby

Post by anastrophe »

the rex still looks pretty good. it has one faint dent in the passenger side door - i hate parking lots!

i've never raced - only against myself, in the wee early morning hours, on the freeway when it's deserted. fastest i've gotten her is 124, and it was scary - not scary from the speed, but scary from how smooth it was. it felt like i was cruising at 55. no shakes, shimmies, twitchiness, or anything. if i hadn't run out of road (!) i probably could have maxed her out.

i've only done a few minor 'mods' and they're for the most part silly. one is the 'star ground' mod, where you run fat cables directly from the battery negative terminal to five or six points around the engine and engine compartment. This ostensibly helps the electronics run more accurately, giving you a boost in performance and/or helps the motor run more smoothly. hard to say if it helps, but since it can't hurt, i've left it in place.

the next 'mod' was taking out the spare and the jack. lighten her up! less weight to tug around, faster car, better gas mileage! worked great - until my wife had a blowout on the freeway two weeks ago. i won't repeat the conversation we had about that. :D

the last 'mod', and the one that does make a difference is using a rather arcane additive in my gas. the rex wants 92 octane ideally, but about six months after i got it, california lowered all premium from 92 down to 91. oh the humanity! i found this stuff on the net that's kind of interesting. it's a *viscosity* modifier for the gas. it's this thick, gooey - heck, kind of like boogers! - liquid, and i inject just a single ounce into a tank of gas. it modifies the way the fuel atomizes through the fuel injectors, making for smaller and more uniform droplets that burn better. there is a definite benefit from it. can't quantify exactly the horsepower increase, but i'd say maybe two or three horsepower - about what you'd get back from going back to 92 octane. and the engine does run smoother.

hey, i must have just had my morning coffee! can you guess why i say that!?

blah blah blah BLAH blah blah BLAH BLAH, blah BLAH blahblah blah blah.

:D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
capt_buzzard

my baby

Post by capt_buzzard »

I'm not a car guy at all. I live just outside Dublin city limits so I walk a lot,or use a cycle and do so alot. I suppose I lived in the US,well then perhaps I would need a car to get about. My buddies are just a phone call away for long trips otherwise I fly.
Tombstone

my baby

Post by Tombstone »

I have friends in the same situation. Having a car is a real problem - space, cost, parking, etc. They live in large cities and use public transportation exclusively.

capt_buzzard wrote: I'm not a car guy at all. I live just outside Dublin city limits so I walk a lot,or use a cycle and do so alot. I suppose I lived in the US,well then perhaps I would need a car to get about. My buddies are just a phone call away for long trips otherwise I fly.
cars

my baby

Post by cars »

jwolf7722 wrote: here is where alot of my time goes into. i seriously have a love for cars

SWEET!!! Love it!!

Cars :driving:
Cars :)
persephone

my baby

Post by persephone »

Men and cars :rolleyes:
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Tombstone

my baby

Post by Tombstone »

letha wrote: Men and cars :rolleyes:

Kind of reminds me of women and shoes. :D :D :D

Return to “Photos”