True Friends

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Gabs

True Friends

Post by Gabs »

One who is there for you regardless of the place time or circumstances, who stands behind you right or wrong and whether they agree or not. One who will give you the last penny they have to their name if you need it.... A person who loves you regardless of your flaws...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
koan

True Friends

Post by koan »

My truest friend came to my house every day when I had sciatica so bad I couldn't stand up. She made me a thermos of soup to keep by my bed. She lifted me out of the bed and drove me (practically screaming) to the chiropractor every day because I wouldn't go to the hospital. She helped me shower and changed my clothes. I'm crying as I write this because I can't believe how lucky I am that she is my friend. And I hope I deserve her.
CARLA

True Friends

Post by CARLA »

A true friend is a gift. If you have 5 or 20 treat them as you would want to be treated always.. :-4

Many people will walk in and out of your life. But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

weeder

True Friends

Post by weeder »

I am very fortunate to have 5 or 6 very very good friends. They like you for who you are. You can be yourself with them. They feel for you if your sad, they are happy for you when goo things occur. You dont have to talk to them everyday. When you do, you pick up right where you left off, like it was yesterday.I cant count the number of acquaintances Ive had. There are very many.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
capt_buzzard

True Friends

Post by capt_buzzard »

tmbsgrl wrote: I still talk to all my friends from High school.. But i only have 2 true friends. They have stood by me no matter what. Whether they agreed with my actions or not. They love me for who i am.. I talk to them every single day.. They are the best friends in the world to me. I could not have made it this far without them in my life right now and then..Lucky you
Gabs

True Friends

Post by Gabs »

Godiva Girl wrote: you gabs, are a true friend

Thank you Godiva... I try to be ....
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
BruiserKC

True Friends

Post by BruiserKC »

A true friend to me is also someone that you trust completely. No reservations, no lingering doubts, no second-guessing. I would say I have five true friends in that regard (three female, two male) that I totally trust and would do just about anything for them.
Jika

True Friends

Post by Jika »

Godiva Girl wrote: We all have people in our lives that we consider friends and people that we consider acuaintances. But, if you had to count how many true friends you have that would be with you through anything, how many would there be? What defines a true friend?

a kindred soul who listens to you. a person who is not a 'fair-weather' friend, but who stands by you thru the lows as well as the highs. :)

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”