6th of April Menu

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
theia

6th of April Menu

Post by theia »

Can I order lunch, Clipper, please...it sounds delicious and far better than what I shall be having here...

actually could you put my name down for supper too, before it all goes..thanks
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Morning everyone, hope everyone is well!!! :-6
chonsigirl

6th of April Menu

Post by chonsigirl »

*right behind Chris in line*

Oh boy, food!
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Morning Clipper, Morning Chonsi. Oh I could just do with a rest, been such a busy little bee this morning and I need a sit down hahaha.
chonsigirl

6th of April Menu

Post by chonsigirl »

Busy day for a Thursday, Chris?

Oh, I love all your bunnies!
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hehehe I'm glad u like them. I loved the little dancing bunny when I first saw him, and considering the time of year, it's perfect.

Yes I have been ploughing away with the housework this morning. Been hard at it for the last 2 and a half hours so far, but now I'm taking a break. Only a little left to do though, but I will be glad when I am finished. :)
chonsigirl

6th of April Menu

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I'll take you home with me anytime! 2 1/2 hours of housework! I can barely get my kids to do the dishes!
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

hahaha well seeing as how I am unemployed at the moment, I can't grumble, I mean it's the least I can do really whilst I still carry on my search.

Oh this will make u all smile. I just read a PM from Lil, who informed me that I have a secret admirer hahaha. Oh lucky me huh, I feeled so honoured hahaha, I hope she is nice!!! :) :D
chonsigirl

6th of April Menu

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, a secret admirer! You lucky guy, you! With your housecleaning skills, you are a catch!

*one track mind me-housework!*

Now you have a mystery on your hands.............who is she?:)
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well whoever she is, she must be slightly mad to be an admirer of me, despite my talents when it comes to cutting the grass hahahaha.

You can see her first post in the 5th of April thread. I have my ideas though, as the time does give a bit of clue, but that could be a ruse, hahaha who knows.
Lil~Basco

6th of April Menu

Post by Lil~Basco »

:-6 Good morning everyone!

Ah...Chris has an admirer. I saw that post yesterday. Hope she shows up today with more clues for you! :) Did you...look under your bed? :wah:

How's the weather up your way Clipper?
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Morning Lil. Hahaha no I haven;t looked under my bed yet, it's far too dark and creepy under there for me, so this mystery admirer of mine sure must be brave. :D

I do hope she makes an appearance before I leave, I'm curious to get to know her hehehehe. :)
Lil~Basco

6th of April Menu

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: Morning Lil. Hahaha no I haven;t looked under my bed yet, it's far too dark and creepy under there for me, so this mystery admirer of mine sure must be brave. :D

I do hope she makes an appearance before I leave, I'm curious to get to know her hehehehe. :)
ahahaha....be careful....she may be after your chocolate bunnies. :sneaky: :p
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: ahahaha....be careful....she may be after your chocolate bunnies. :sneaky: :p

:wah: Oh I hope not, because even if she is lovely, kind and beautiful, I'm still not going to be giving up my chocolate bunnies without a fight, they mean too much to me. :wah:

So has the weather cleared up for you today??
Lil~Basco

6th of April Menu

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: :wah: Oh I hope not, because even if she is lovely, kind and beautiful, I'm still not going to be giving up my chocolate bunnies without a fight, they mean too much to me. :wah:

So has the weather cleared up for you today??
Yes...the weather is good today. Snow still on the mountain tops, but my yard snow all melted already. Suppose to be in the 50ºs today, then rain over night into tomorrow. April showers...bring May flowers! *grin*

Oh....I don't blame you for not sharing your chocolate bunny....she can get her own! hahahaha *my smilies aren't working this morning*
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: Yes...the weather is good today. Snow still on the mountain tops, but my yard snow all melted already. Suppose to be in the 50ºs today, then rain over night into tomorrow. April showers...bring May flowers! *grin*

Oh....I don't blame you for not sharing your chocolate bunny....she can get her own! hahahaha *my smilies aren't working this morning*

Pleased to hear that things have cleared up for you. I'm guessing then that means if u get a nice warm dry weekend then you will be able to get back to spending time in your yard? It's been somewhat nice here too lately, a whole week of sun, though I hear that it's going to rain tommorow just in time for the weekend. :(

Oh and if my secret admirer is very nice, then I might share some of my bunny with her. ;) Strange that your smilies aren't working all of a sudden, they were fine with your earlier post about 10 minutes ago, very wierd!! :-2
Lil~Basco

6th of April Menu

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: Pleased to hear that things have cleared up for you. I'm guessing then that means if u get a nice warm dry weekend then you will be able to get back to spending time in your yard? It's been somewhat nice here too lately, a whole week of sun, though I hear that it's going to rain tommorow just in time for the weekend.

Oh and if my secret admirer is very nice, then I might share some of my bunny with her. ;) Strange that your smilies aren't working all of a sudden, they were fine with your earlier post about 10 minutes ago, very wierd!! :-2
:-6 Ahh....re-booted my computer and they are working fine now!

Yes...I really need to get back out in the yard and do more raking, have some bushes that need trimmed too before the leaves come out in full force, and lots of twigs to pick up...before I can even mow.

I'm sure you're a very kind person and would share your chocolate! :)
Lil~Basco

6th of April Menu

Post by Lil~Basco »

Clipper wrote: Mornin Lil~B...............Clear sky's and sunshine heah this morning.....temp is at 40 now but heading fer 50 they say. Not a speck of snow left from yesterday......somebody sure has a pile of snow cones hidden away I suppose.....:D
Good to hear Clipper! :) Now, if we get through the rainy spell, we'll have it made! What all do you plant in the fields that you plowed?
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: :-6 Ahh....re-booted my computer and they are working fine now!

Yes...I really need to get back out in the yard and do more raking, have some bushes that need trimmed too before the leaves come out in full force, and lots of twigs to pick up...before I can even mow.

I'm sure you're a very kind person and would share your chocolate! :)

Oh darn right those little twigs can be a real nightmare. We have quite a lot of trees around our house, and my dad has this thing of continually triming them every weekend it seems, so you can imagine how annoying that can get for me having to pick them all up before I start cutting the grass. We are alright with the leaves, as we don't have any flowers. Which I suppose isn't that bad, because although they are lovely to view, they bring with them the most scariest thing in the entire universe with them hahaha.

And yes I would share my chocolate, even if it was my favourite bar of white chocolate. That's just the kind of nice guy that I am. :) :p
Lil~Basco

6th of April Menu

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: Oh darn right those little twigs can be a real nightmare. We have quite a lot of trees around our house, and my dad has this thing of continually triming them every weekend it seems, so you can imagine how annoying that can get for me having to pick them all up before I start cutting the grass. We are alright with the leaves, as we don't have any flowers. Which I suppose isn't that bad, because although they are lovely to view, they bring with them the most scariest thing in the entire universe with them hahaha.

And yes I would share my chocolate, even if it was my favourite bar of white chocolate. That's just the kind of nice guy that I am. :)
White chocolate you say? :D Well maybe I'll have to start stalking you since that is my favorite chocolate! :-4

I enjoy working outside in the summer...would rather be out than indoors anyway. When it gets very hot, I take the dog to the creek and we play in the water. He has a blast chasing the trout for hours. Never catches them, but it keeps him occupied and cool. :)
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh I adore white chocolate, it is my pride and joy. And you are more than welcome to share some of mine the next time I have some hehehe. ;)

I do like going outdoors, especially when the weather is nice, but then I do like being indoors as well. To be honest I'm really happy with life at the moment, so I just enjoy being alive and able to do and see things, as I'm sure the majority of us all do. :-6

It sounds like your dog is pretty active hehehe. Can't say I am much of a dog lover though. I had a nasty experience with some when I was young, and that has kind of put me off ever really loving them I guess.
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Clipper wrote: Roughly 220+ acres of cow corn. When we harvest it in September it will be 8-10 feet high. It all gets cut/chopped into sileage to feed dairy cows. I will be planting in 2 weeks for sure.

Crikey Clipper, it sounds as though you sure will be busy. Is it a lot of hard work looking after your farm and animals. I bet it is, but it must be really rewarding too I'm sure.
chonsigirl

6th of April Menu

Post by chonsigirl »

I think I would starve to death on a farm, or only be a vegetarian...............I would love the animals too much to eat them....................*sniff*
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Clipper wrote: I always name my beef cow "Steaks" and the pigs are named "Bacon" and "Pork Roast"......:D :D

:wah: Oh that is so cruel!! Funny but cruel!! :wah:
chonsigirl

6th of April Menu

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I remember as a kid some kids won a calf for a prize. Of course, you knew what it was supposed to grow up into-hamburger! Well, ha-that was the nicest pet of the neighborhood, the big steer would keep the grass lawn trimmed, and the neignbor kids entertained, but never went to it's demise as a steak..............
Lil~Basco

6th of April Menu

Post by Lil~Basco »

chonsigirl wrote: I think I would starve to death on a farm, or only be a vegetarian...............I would love the animals too much to eat them....................*sniff*
hahaha....yep, I'm not good at raising then butchering them either. Wanted to keep them as pets and my husband thought I was nuts! :wah:
chonsigirl

6th of April Menu

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, pets are better.............................

Like Hamilton, he is a good pet.:)
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh well so much for the lovely sun, looks like the rain has come earlier than was predicted. :(

Why I even bother listening to the weather forecasters I don't know, they are getting to be extremely useless at this.
chrisb84uk

6th of April Menu

Post by chrisb84uk »

chonsigirl wrote: Ah, pets are better.............................

Like Hamilton, he is a good pet.:)

Ah bless, so how is Hamilton doing, behaving himself I hope!!

Return to “The Coffee Shop”