Friday's Breakfast!!

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
Peg

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by Peg »

Good morning Clipper! Just us so far? You have time to sit and drink a cawfee with me until the gang starts coming in?
AussiePam

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Clipper, Peg - make mine a double espresso with cahones please (fit to put hair on yer chest!), and some of those awesome smelling biscuits!!!

I see the food catering in the FG is a moveable feast, so to speak.. reminds me of Sydney's Kings Cross where Harry's non-moving Cafe de Wheels is the in meeting place of night owls, working gals, tourists, sailors, students and gourmets. People travel for miles for a "pie floater". This amazing dish seems to have come to Australia possibly from north Germany, via Adelaide (the capital of South Australia) and consists of a good aussie meat pie dunked into the middle of a plate of thick pea soup. UGH. Once tasted, never forgotten.

Biscuits for me... any day.

Thinking of cajun cawfee - I wonder if Nawlins' Cafe du Monde (great beignets) survives???
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Peg

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by Peg »

Good morning AussiePam!:D The biscuits here are the best! So light and fluffy.
AussiePam

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by AussiePam »

I don't know why, Peg - but like iced tea, biscuits have never caught on in Australia. I love both.

chonsigirl

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Good morning Clipper and everyone! When those flapjacks are on, I'm first in line!:)
SOJOURNER

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by SOJOURNER »

Morning Clipper. My goodness but breakfast looks wonderful................

Congratulations on your Grand Opening!
chonsigirl

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi Sojo, are you feeling a little better today?:)
SOJOURNER

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by SOJOURNER »

chonsigirl wrote: Hi Sojo, are you feeling a little better today?:)

On a scale of 1 - 10, and 1 being how I've felt the last two days, I'm a 3 going for a 4 today.:thinking: Thanks for asking. :-6
SOJOURNER

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by SOJOURNER »

Clipper wrote: Hugs just for you SOJO.....:yh_hugs :yh_hugs

And right back at 'cha...............
Lil~Basco

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by Lil~Basco »

Good morning y'all! Hi ya Clipper! :-6

Everything smells wonderful in here this morning. *Basco pours a cup of coffee and grabs a plate of scrambled eggs and ham* Got any Heinz ketcup for my eggs clipper?

Woke to thunder boomers this morning at 5am! Awesome sound to hear. Sun is trying to peak out now too. Can't complain though....just gettin' another day closer to Spring! :)
SOJOURNER

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by SOJOURNER »

Breakfast was terrific! I'm going to hang my mug up for later. Have a great day!

Attached files
Bez

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by Bez »

Too busy to stop in this morning...will catch up later for supper.....have a good day !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
sunny104

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by sunny104 »

Good morning, everyone! Clipper the breakfast is wonderful as usual!:)
lady cop

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by lady cop »

oh i love the biscuits! if you'll let me in the kitchen Clipper, i'll make some scones for everyone :)
chonsigirl

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh please makes some, LC! You are a woman of many talents..............and scones are so yummy!:)
lady cop

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by lady cop »

i am so jealous! always wanted a viking...when i lived in Mass. i baked all the time, including bread every day, but down here it's too hot and humid and miserable to bake. ...Chonsi, thanks! :)
sunny104

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by sunny104 »

Clipper wrote: Geeez I'd love that LC....I have never been able to master the art of making them tasty little goobers....the Missus iz a real whiz when it comes to goodies from the Bake Shop.3 years ago I installed a commercial custom built Viking stove in our Kitchen. Momma has an electric oven with the convection deal....I have the gas high BTU burners and griddle on the top.:D :D

My late MIL in Ireland used to make THE best scones! She gave me her recipe, I must try and make them sometime! I'm just not that into baking, I love cooking main meals though! :)
observer1

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by observer1 »

*loads up her plate & grabs a tall tomato juice*

Morning all!! Thanks Clipper!! It's DELISH!!!! I'm leaving work early with the other girl in the office, to go shopping for her wedding dress! TGIF!!! WOOHOO!!!!
sunny104

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by sunny104 »

Clipper wrote: Another all-nighter with AussiePam? Son yer gonna wear it out......:D

All night?? How do I get on Far's list??:D
Sheryl

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by Sheryl »

Breakfast smells wonderful, Clipper.

Can't believe it's already Friday, 2 more days till the big sale. :(
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Tombstone

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by Tombstone »

Good morning everyone! I'll take one of each item, if I may. :wah:
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
lady cop

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by lady cop »

SnoozeControl wrote: Hey Clipper, does this place deliver? I'm a generous tipper and whoever shows up gets to see me in my jammies. What an offer, huh?you have those jammies with feet? :wah:
AussiePam

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by AussiePam »

Pam's wanders in, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, in Shrek jarmies and big fluffy koala fur slippers... sees Sojo (who she's missed and was hoping was better), Chonsi, Far, LC, Clipper, Tombstone (she genuflects) and Bez scooting off...

She then reads the posts and realises that her maidenly reputation has been forever sullied....

A mass of blushes.. she gasps ....

Alas, I am undone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AussiePam

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by AussiePam »

Thirty seconds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nar, I'm not gonna go there.... GUFFAW... ROTFLMAO

Okie

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by Okie »

Clipper wrote: Good morning ladies.......no sunshine this morning! Gray clouds have gypped me of my sunrise routine.....durn rain clouds are moving in fast heah.

Taking pooch to de Vet this morning for her Rabies booster....she loves riding in the truck with me.

Pam....the Cafe du Monde is alive and doing well again. The French Quarter saw no flooding whatsoever. Didja know that I was raised in New Awlings?:D

Thats good to know. I have been there and loved it. Here in OKC is a section of town calld The Paseo. There was a cafe there where a native of Nawlins was the chef or cook. He made gumbo from scratch and it was great. The owner told me he had been buying frozen gumbo until he heard the cooks mom say he was raised in Nawlins and could make it much better than frozen. I like jambalaya much more than gumbo but ya make whatcha got.
observer1

Friday's Breakfast!!

Post by observer1 »

Okie wrote: Thats good to know. I have been there and loved it. Here in OKC is a section of town calld The Paseo. There was a cafe there where a native of Nawlins was the chef or cook. He made gumbo from scratch and it was great. The owner told me he had been buying frozen gumbo until he heard the cooks mom say he was raised in Nawlins and could make it much better than frozen. I like jambalaya much more than gumbo but ya make whatcha got.

Having lived in Biloxi, I've been to Nawlins, myself. LOVE Jambalaya & Gumbo!!! but won't TOUCH CRAWLDADS!!!

Return to “The Coffee Shop”