Global camera by Google.

Accountable

Global camera by Google.

Post by Accountable »

Check out our own member map. I'm pretty sure it'll do the same thing. I think it may be the same thing.
SOJOURNER

Global camera by Google.

Post by SOJOURNER »

Jives previously gave us similar sources to look at. Seems there is a lot more of this type of info out there than most of us thought.........
Accountable

Global camera by Google.

Post by Accountable »

Scrat wrote: Guess so. I have tried others but this is much easier to use. Still playing with it to get the finer points.I think your link is more detailed. I couldn't get very close in Russia with our map - not like I could with USA.
Accountable

Global camera by Google.

Post by Accountable »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Goggle Earth uses actual satelite photographs not maps. You can zoom in and see a lot of detail and even three dimensonal images. You can "fly" through a 3 dimensional Grand Canyon or Himalayas. Its also linked to other users info that they post. I have found many strange phenomina in places like Nevada. Its very addictiveOur map has sat photos as well, just not so detailed and it doesn't whisk you from point to point. That alone is worth checking out.
Sheryl

Global camera by Google.

Post by Sheryl »

Yea but I'm pretty sure with the google map, some places you cannot zoom in on. Try zooming in on the Hoover Dam, will it let you.

I tried zooming in on a couple of places around my area and they were blacked out. One was a place that handles nucleur stuff, Pantex. The other place was a dam at Lake Meredith.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Accountable

Global camera by Google.

Post by Accountable »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Do you mean our members map ?Yup. Just click Satelite and Bob's yer Uncle.
StupidCowboyTricks

Global camera by Google.

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Sheryl wrote: Yea but I'm pretty sure with the google map, some places you cannot zoom in on. Try zooming in on the Hoover Dam, will it let you.

I tried zooming in on a couple of places around my area and they were blacked out. One was a place that handles nucleur stuff, Pantex. The other place was a dam at Lake Meredith.

Google globe is best.......I think a lot of the stuff that isn't photographed is because of weather. with google you can fly, change angels......check it out......the two sites are different because where I work was under construction at the time and the other one the ground was just getting graded. I like to look at the muti million dollar homes.
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

Accountable

Global camera by Google.

Post by Accountable »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: Google globe is best.......I think a lot of the stuff that isn't photographed is because of weather. with google you can fly, change angels......check it out......the two sites are different because where I work was under construction at the time and the other one the ground was just getting graded. I like to look at the muti million dollar homes.
Nope. You can't change angels - not since Lucifer fell. But that's a different thread. :yh_glasse
woppy71

Global camera by Google.

Post by woppy71 »

I love the Google map thingy, it's truly awesome.

I find that it gives a whole new perspective and understanding to geography.

I also like finding out more about where people live, I think It helps me understand people more.
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself

Return to “Science”