Maine Coon Cats... for Sojo

Choosing the right pet. Questions & Advice.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, such a pretty kitty Snooze. Sojo, you still getting one? They look so cute!
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Yes, I'm still in the market for one. I'm not rushing into securing just any old Maine Coon. The one I bring home has to really speak to my heart........
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

SOJOURNER wrote: Yes, I'm still in the market for one. I'm not rushing into securing just any old Maine Coon. The one I bring home has to really speak to my heart........
That's got to be one of the most intelligent things I've heard from a person looking to add a pet to their life. Most people get their heart set on a pet and just go out and grab the first thing that comes along. So good for you, Sojo, not just rushing into it. Do your research, and maybe you'll even be able to find a rescue group and give an unwanted coon a good home. Good luck with your search and let us know when you find your perfect match, won't you?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

SOJOURNER wrote: Yes, I'm still in the market for one. I'm not rushing into securing just any old Maine Coon. The one I bring home has to really speak to my heart........

I know of a breeder in California...............sorry - that probably doesn't help much.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

That was cute.

Our dog watches TV when there are dogs on it. Does not like horses or other big animals tho and charges the set while barking and growling. Very annoying at times........
weeder

Post by weeder »

I love maine coon cats also. I actually am drawn to all long haired cats. I had a wonderful cat Allie. Big green eyes.. she would speak to you.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

weeder wrote: I love maine coon cats also. I actually am drawn to all long haired cats. I had a wonderful cat Allie. Big green eyes.. she would speak to you.
Any pics of Allie? :-3
weeder

Post by weeder »

I have pictures of Allie, but I never look at them. Two years ago, some horrible person shot her because she used to wander over, and visit his garden. I had to put her to sleep. I will never forget the look in her eyes. She was so sweet, it was like she couldnt believe someone had hurt her. The heartache of the experience has held me back from having another cat. I do wish though that I could sometimes post pictures here. I have a great computer, printer, scanner, etc.. but I dont know how to do it.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

weeder wrote: I have pictures of Allie, but I never look at them. Two years ago, some horrible person shot her because she used to wander over, and visit his garden. I had to put her to sleep. I will never forget the look in her eyes. She was so sweet, it was like she couldnt believe someone had hurt her. The heartache of the experience has held me back from having another cat. I do wish though that I could sometimes post pictures here. I have a great computer, printer, scanner, etc.. but I dont know how to do it.

I'm so sorry to hear about Allie. People can be so cruel............. I do hope in time you will want to have another pet.

Whenever you are ready to venture into posting some pics, there are many of us that can help you through it. Just post your need for help and whomever is on at the time will come forward to help you.
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Does anyone how much a coon kitty costs?

I've wanted one forever, but I don't think it's going to happen for a few more years (until I'm confident that I have the money to pay for kitty insurance, kitty ER, etc). But I'd still like to know if I'll ever be able to afford one.

To be honest, it floored me to find out how expensive cats can be. My parents adopted a Birman a few years ago, a poor kitty someone was selling for nothing at the Farmers' Market. He was about 1, short-haired, skinny as hell, and scared of his shadow. Now he's a total fur-ball, has developed gourmet tastes, and practices selective company (i.e. hangs out with you only when it suits his schedule :wah: ). I suspect he Googled himself and his market price - 800 USD!!!!

The power of MEOW
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

Felinessa wrote: Does anyone how much a coon kitty costs?

I've wanted one forever, but I don't think it's going to happen for a few more years (until I'm confident that I have the money to pay for kitty insurance, kitty ER, etc). But I'd still like to know if I'll ever be able to afford one.

To be honest, it floored me to find out how expensive cats can be. My parents adopted a Birman a few years ago, a poor kitty someone was selling for nothing at the Farmers' Market. He was about 1, short-haired, skinny as hell, and scared of his shadow. Now he's a total fur-ball, has developed gourmet tastes, and practices selective company (i.e. hangs out with you only when it suits his schedule :wah: ). I suspect he Googled himself and his market price - 800 USD!!!!

Check out this link Felinessa:

http://zooclub.biz/1770

$400 USD
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

They are SO adorable!!! I want one of those NOW!! Especially the calicos and tabbies are absolutely delicious :-6

Thank you for the link. I guess 400-500 wouldn't be too bad in the future.
The power of MEOW

Return to “Choosing a Pet”