Update on Bullet

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

Today was the preliminary exam. That's where the case is presented to a judge and the judge decides if there is enough evidence to actually pursue a trial. I was told to leave the courtroom because I had given a statement and could potentially be called as a witness. I laughed in the prosecutor's face and said, "That's my HUSBAND, you aren't calling me for sh!t." But I still had to leave, so Bullet was in there with 4 brothers.

Two witnesses were called, the rat that started the whole friggin' mess and the brother that went down there with them. The lying, ass-covering snake that started the whole thing lied his stupid face off on the stand and made himself out to be a saint.

The judge found enough evidence to proceed with a trial, and we will be entering a plea of NOT guilty on January 19th. The date for the beginnings of the trial will be set then. Our lawyer is supremely confident that this case will be won, and easily. Clear-cut self-defense, and even the investigators on the case are saying so.

We are quite happy with the way everything is going and have no doubts we'll beat this thing.

Wanted to say thanks to all of you who have been so supportive, and for all the PM's, (you know who you are) showing encouragement, it means a lot to us both. I show them to Bullet and he is touched every time.

Thanks gang. Y'all are the best. :-4 :-4
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

chonsigirl

Update on Bullet

Post by chonsigirl »

We wish Bullet and you all the best, BR. We know you will beat this thing, and that Bullet will be found innocent!
valerie

Update on Bullet

Post by valerie »

I'd say "fingers crossed" but then decided I don't need to!!

So I'll just send these, and you know it would be more if I could!!

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

abbey

Update on Bullet

Post by abbey »

No-one should have to start out married life like this,

but i am so happy that your husband & sweetheart has you hon. :-4

I just know that this stupid trial will in end with him being aquitted,

and you can both look forward to the rest of your lives together XXX

lady cop

Update on Bullet

Post by lady cop »

i'm surprised it was bound over for trial. will talk to you privately! :-4
Nomad

Update on Bullet

Post by Nomad »

chin up sweets...
I AM AWESOME MAN
BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

Hugs for all my supporters out there. :-4

lady cop wrote: i'm surprised it was bound over for trial. will talk to you privately! :-4
LC, you know anything you have to add I am interested in hearing. Why are you surprised it was bound over? If you don't want to post publicly, that's fine, send me an email, but I have no secrets about this, you know that. I believe Bullet was justified in what he did. But I leave what you post publicly to your discretion, of course.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

CARLA

Update on Bullet

Post by CARLA »

BR, I was so hoping it would be bound over for trial. :-5 But it ain't over till it's over.. I know this will come out in Bullet's favor. I will pray that it does.. We are here for you chin up.!! :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Update on Bullet

Post by lady cop »

well frankly i don't think the prosecution had enough, but it depends, what is the exact charge? when a prosecutor goes ahead without enough to make a good case, it's prosecutorial misconduct. but by the same token, if the DA brings a case the judge will almost never throw it out.
lady cop

Update on Bullet

Post by lady cop »

SnoozeControl wrote:

This is probably a stupid question, but could something someone (broad generalization here) posted in a forum like this be used as evidence?no, not without specific identifying information. then they could contact admin....but a person's computer can be taken for evidence, and whatever is in the hard-drive used.
BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: well frankly i don't think the prosecution had enough, but it depends, what is the exact charge? when a prosecutor goes ahead without enough to make a good case, it's prosecutorial misconduct. but by the same token, if the DA brings a case the judge will almost never throw it out.
The exact charges are murder 2 and felony firearms. From what I understand, the felony firearms is an automatic additional charge when someone is killed. The murder 2 will never stick and everyone seems to know it. The problem is, this man was hit in the back. Bullet zeroed in on the muzzle flash and fired one shot. Apparently, the man had turned around but Bullet couldn't know that, as it was pitch dark. If the man was hit in the back, he is perceived to have been fleeing, and no longer a threat. Which is why the case is being pursued. Had Bullet seen the man was trying to get away, he never would have fired his weapon, but all he knew was he was being fired upon, and he defended himself.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: no, not without specific identifying information. then they could contact admin....but a person's computer can be taken for evidence, and whatever is in the hard-drive used.
Also, Bullet has made a complete statement to the cops. He felt he was in the right and justified in defending himself, (what else is a CCW for?) and had no problem giving his side of the story. We aren't trying to hide the fact that he fired on someone, but trying to prove that it was justified, and self-defense.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Update on Bullet

Post by lady cop »

will this be a jury trial or bench trial?
BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

SnoozeControl wrote: So they've determined the round was from Bullet's gun and not someone elses?
Not to my satisfaction.

Here's the scene: Bullet's car, pulled up to the curb in front of the house. Muzzle flash from a pitch-black porch that Bullet aims at. Fires one shot. Hears his "buddy" yelling from his left that he's been hit. Bullet fires 4 more rounds into the ground to keep everyone's head down so he can get his buddy in the car. When the cops show up at the scene, the body is found 30 feet away, at the end of the driveway. The coroner's report today stated that the man had been shot between his 3rd and 4th rib from the back, the bullet travelled upwards, severed his spine and blew out both his lungs. How did a man with that kind of injury make it off his porch and 30 feet away? Bullet never actually saw the man he fired at. Had no idea if he'd hit him or not.

Personally, I think the "buddy" that threw Bullet under the bus is the one who actually shot the man and that's one reason of many that he's lying about the way things happened. The reasonable doubt is mountainous. I will be keeping the story updated as we find out more, because like most of you, I have a lot of unanswered questions, too.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: will this be a jury trial or bench trial?
That will depend on the judge we draw. Our lawyer knows all the judges in the district and will be able to tell us better which way we should go. If we get some anti-gun liberal judge, we'll go for a jury trial.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Nomad

Update on Bullet

Post by Nomad »

I AM AWESOME MAN
BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

JAB wrote: Good to hear you sounding so positive, BR! I'll keep saying my prayers but have a couple of these :yh_hugs :yh_hugs in the meantime!
I'll be happy to take all the prayers and hugs you guys have got! :-4 :-6
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Jives

Update on Bullet

Post by Jives »

OK..if I was on the jury this would be black and white to me. If someone shoots at you first, of course you have the right to shoot back. If it's pitch dark, how can you possibly know the guy is turning away? Besides, it most likely happened in seconds.

Not guilty on all counts.:o

You tell Bullet that no matter what happens, one good thing has already come of this. He survived.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Rapunzel

Update on Bullet

Post by Rapunzel »

I can't see how they even have enough evidence to take it this far! They're just wasting the taxpayers money! Good luck to you and Bullet, BR, and lets hope they kick this case out of court soon. :thinking:
mominiowa

Update on Bullet

Post by mominiowa »

BR..I know I have not been around for awhile--but I am thinking of you both always and hoping and (knowing) that everything will be peaches ASAP...You are both so strong and you got a lot of people behind you ALWAYS!! Much love to you both!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
valerie

Update on Bullet

Post by valerie »

Line forms behind ME, bee-atch!!

:sneaky: :D ;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

At this rate, he'll have to take you on two at a time and th.....wait a minute......let's not go there, we'd never fit him and his ego through the door again! :yh_rotfl
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

valerie

Update on Bullet

Post by valerie »

No, no, let's go there!!

Best hike yourself over to the opposite sex friendships thread and do

some readin'...

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Tamsen's Dogster Page

lady cop

Update on Bullet

Post by lady cop »

oh christ BR i love your avatar. :wah:
Nomad

Update on Bullet

Post by Nomad »

lady cop wrote: oh christ BR i love your avatar. :wah:

pft
I AM AWESOME MAN
cars

Update on Bullet

Post by cars »

Only Best Wishes go out to you BR, & Bullet. It's an open & shut case, self defense- NOT GUILTY!!! End of story!
Cars :)
robinseggs

Update on Bullet

Post by robinseggs »

Baby Rider, I haven't been around as much lately, but came in today and wanted to thank you for the update on Bullet. It sounds good for him--hope everything works out. It must suck to be in such a situation, however I believe the truth will prevail.....which is probably why your lawyer is positive and not worried about it. When the truth is being told, there's nothing to worry about! The judge will see the honesty. Good luck to Bullet!! Robin
Nature laughs Last
sunny104

Update on Bullet

Post by sunny104 »

Prayers and best wishes to you!
BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

Bump for update:

Today we went to enter his plea. The prosecutor showed up with an offer of manslaughter, getting 7-15 years. We laughed in his face. The process of selecting a jury will begin in friggin' JUNE. So, Bullet and I will have our mock wedding for all the brothers and blood family, and then 2 days later, he goes on trial for murder 2.

The lawyer is still confident, and I am thinking of sending our discovery package to LC to have her look it over and get another pro's opinion.

Keep your fingers crossed again, gang, but we're not going to dwell on it for all these months, either.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Update on Bullet

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: Bump for update:

Today we went to enter his plea. The prosecutor showed up with an offer of manslaughter, getting 7-15 years. We laughed in his face. The process of selecting a jury will begin in friggin' JUNE. So, Bullet and I will have our mock wedding for all the brothers and blood family, and then 2 days later, he goes on trial for murder 2.

The lawyer is still confident, and I am thinking of sending our discovery package to LC to have her look it over and get another pro's opinion.

Keep your fingers crossed again, gang, but we're not going to dwell on it for all these months, either.crap, i just started a thread for you! yes, send it to me.
Sheryl

Update on Bullet

Post by Sheryl »

Dag gum legal system. Sooo sorry BR that they have done this to you. I know ya'll just want to get this overwith. You'll still be in my thoughts.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Nomad

Update on Bullet

Post by Nomad »

You had a rough day.

hugs cuddles
I AM AWESOME MAN
BabyRider

Update on Bullet

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: crap, i just started a thread for you! yes, send it to me.
I'll go make copies tomorrow and drop it in the mail to you. Thanks yet again, my friend.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

mominiowa

Update on Bullet

Post by mominiowa »

Been thinking about you both.....Know that we all love ya and are hoping the best for you!!! :-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
polycarp

Update on Bullet

Post by polycarp »

I"ll never stop asking the rhetorical question, "why do bad things happen to good people?". It's quite unfortunate to hear your travails Bullet and BR, but I belive that Bullet's innocence will be establised. May you two have the strengh to win this case and be back to your normal lives as soon as posssible... Amen.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
Lil~Basco

Update on Bullet

Post by Lil~Basco »

Can't believe this is going to trial. Hugs to you both for what you are going through. Will keep you in my prayers.
Accountable

Update on Bullet

Post by Accountable »

The jury members are human. They will be looking to you for clues as to how to decide. Everybody has their jobs to do. I suggest your job is to walk proud - not defiant, but showing the assumption that they will naturally see how silly all this is, and let Bullet go home. Of course, if the lawyer tells you to wear a frilly dress and cry into a perfumed hankie, do that.

Until then, keep faith and hang in - one day at a time. :-6
valerie

Update on Bullet

Post by valerie »

Accountable wrote: Of course, if the lawyer tells you to wear a frilly dress and cry into a perfumed hankie, do that.

I'd pay a dollar ta see that!!

;) :D
Tamsen's Dogster Page

lady cop

Update on Bullet

Post by lady cop »

no no, BULLET has to wear the frilly dress and cry into a hankie. :rolleyes:
SOJOURNER

Update on Bullet

Post by SOJOURNER »

Accountable wrote: Of course, if the lawyer tells you to wear a frilly dress and cry into a perfumed hankie, do that.

......and then we want pictures of you in that dress................ A pink or appricot dress would make a nice statement. :D

Return to “Members' News”