Yeaa I'm getting to go get a new stove!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Today I get to go pick out my new stove. It won't be my dream stove, cause the one I really want won't fit. But I"m just glad to be rid of my old stove. So no more trying to cook a meal on only 2 burners. No more burning stuff in the oven due to the fact I can't tell how hot the oven is.

:yh_dance :yh_dance
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Wow that must be a really nice stove. I'm shooting for the 5-700 dollar range for my stove.

my son
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

Sheryl wrote: Today I get to go pick out my new stove. It won't be my dream stove, cause the one I really want won't fit. But I"m just glad to be rid of my old stove. So no more trying to cook a meal on only 2 burners. No more burning stuff in the oven due to the fact I can't tell how hot the oven is.

CONGRATULATIONS! I love shopping for new stuff for the house! Its so much fun!

HBIC
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Well I just recieved my new stove. It's a Whirlpool electric range with the Accubake system. It's not a Viking, sorry Clipper. The nearest Viking dealer is in Amarillo. Dave and I didn't have time to go since he's been busy trying to get stuff ready for our farm sale.

my son
minks

Post by minks »

Sheryl wrote: Well I just recieved my new stove. It's a Whirlpool electric range with the Accubake system. It's not a Viking, sorry Clipper. The nearest Viking dealer is in Amarillo. Dave and I didn't have time to go since he's been busy trying to get stuff ready for our farm sale.

and sooooooo how does it work? Have you baked us something special *nudge nudge I like cookies* hehehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

No nothing special yet, I'll try making some cookies later.

my son
minks

Post by minks »

Sheryl wrote: No nothing special yet, I'll try making some cookies later.

hehehe no pressure ok hehehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Jives

Post by Jives »

Hey Sheryl! make sure yo get one of those with the cool solid cooktop! I just got a new stove about a month ago.

I only had two hundred dollars, but surprise! I saw one at a garage sale still in the box! It was a kenmore and it was worth $450 if it was worth a dime, but I gave the guy the "poor teacher" story and he let me have it for two hundred!!!:D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Clipper wrote: I put one of them Viking 5 Star stoves in mah kitchen 4 years ago. 4 big 18,000BTU top gas burners. The oven is electric to accomodate the Missus and her great baking skills.

That durn stove set me back nearly $7K but it sure is purty and cooks great! :D

Clipper, you posted pics of your tractor. Now you need to post a pic of this stove. Inquiring minds want to see what you get for $7,000! :-3
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Jives wrote: Hey Sheryl! make sure yo get one of those with the cool solid cooktop! I just got a new stove about a month ago.

I only had two hundred dollars, but surprise! I saw one at a garage sale still in the box! It was a kenmore and it was worth $450 if it was worth a dime, but I gave the guy the "poor teacher" story and he let me have it for two hundred!!!:D

yes I did get the smooth cooktop. I had the individual burners before and hated them.

I was really worried about buying a new stove, all the ones I saw online from the retailers had prices of $800 and up. So I was shocked to see what I wanted yesterday for only $599.

my son
StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Clipper wrote: Ya might want to check with Viking. I hear they are making smaller stoves just for homeowners now and the prices are VERY reasonable! My stove is one that was made for a commercial resteruant.....it don't cost ya nothing to look into it. You'll never regret having one I tell ya....:D

That's all "Viking" ever made, smaller industrial type stoves for home owners...they were founded in early 80's

they have really come a long way......:)
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

snuggs

Post by snuggs »

Sheryl wrote: Today I get to go pick out my new stove. It won't be my dream stove, cause the one I really want won't fit. But I"m just glad to be rid of my old stove. So no more trying to cook a meal on only 2 burners. No more burning stuff in the oven due to the fact I can't tell how hot the oven is.

cool well im gettin posh new external doors :wah: :wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Sheryl wrote: No nothing special yet, I'll try making some cookies later.

Sure ! Rub our faces in your cookies why dont ya ?

Maybe you and pepper can get together and torment us with pies and cakes and cookies !!!

Two peas in a pod arent ya ?

Ohhh look at me !!!

Ive got pie everywhere and its sooo good !

Ohhh look at all my delicious cookies !

That aint right
I AM AWESOME MAN
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I got my dream stove/oven when I renovated my house. 6 gas burners that cook at different heats and an oven that can fit 2 turkeys in their pans.........
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
StupidCowboyTricks

nvalleyvee wrote: I got my dream stove/oven when I renovated my house. 6 gas burners that cook at different heats and an oven that can fit 2 turkeys in their pans.........

Wow, six....what kind is it?

nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: Wow, six....what kind is it?

Kitchen-Aid...........restaurant quality made for the private home. The burners cook on 2 - sautee.......2 - medium..........2 on high. The highs on each burner are the low on the the more powerful burners.............The wide oven 2 turkeys with convection bake, roast and broil options really kill me. PLUS there is a proof setting for breads.............

Are you jealous yet? The cost was $4,500.00. A very pretty penny for me but so worth it because of my love for cooking. OHHHH .......... a side benefit........I can run my canner in the summer without damage to the stove top because it is made of CAST IRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
StupidCowboyTricks

nvalleyvee wrote: Kitchen-Aid...........restaurant quality made for the private home. The burners cook on 2 - sautee.......2 - medium..........2 on high. The highs on each burner are the low on the the more powerful burners.............The wide oven 2 turkeys with convection bake, roast and broil options really kill me. PLUS there is a proof setting for breads.............

Are you jealous yet? The cost was $4,500.00. A very pretty penny for me but so worth it because of my love for cooking. OHHHH .......... a side benefit........I can run my canner in the summer without damage to the stove top because it is made of CAST IRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Very nice......I guess you have a griddle .....lol

Can you tell a big difference with your convection oven in that? Yes I'm jealous.

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Nomad wrote: Sure ! Rub our faces in your cookies why dont ya ?

Maybe you and pepper can get together and torment us with pies and cakes and cookies !!!

Two peas in a pod arent ya ?

Ohhh look at me !!!

Ive got pie everywhere and its sooo good !

Ohhh look at all my delicious cookies !

That aint right

Uh huh this coming from a guy bragging bout the size of his peins errr mean tv.:thinking:

my son
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

nvalleyvee wrote: Kitchen-Aid...........restaurant quality made for the private home. The burners cook on 2 - sautee.......2 - medium..........2 on high. The highs on each burner are the low on the the more powerful burners.............The wide oven 2 turkeys with convection bake, roast and broil options really kill me. PLUS there is a proof setting for breads.............

I'd love to have something like this............... but the downside is that the hubby would probably want me to use it -- often............ :D

Return to “General Chit Chat”