The Infamous Apple '1984' Ad.

Where the 1980's never ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of the 1980's.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Poking around a bit, I have found the famous 1984 commercial produced by Apple. It has decidedly Orwellian overtones, and has become a icon for advertising.

I'm hosting it here. Enjoy. The movie is in Quicktime format and you'll probably want to have a broadband connection :)

If anybody wants to see more Apple ads (I've found and downloaded quite a few), let me know...I can put those up as well.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Fyrehawke wrote: Poking around a bit, I have found the famous 1984 commercial produced by Apple. It has decidedly Orwellian overtones, and has become a icon for advertising.

I'm hosting it here. Enjoy. The movie is in Quicktime format and you'll probably want to have a broadband connection :)

If anybody wants to see more Apple ads (I've found and downloaded quite a few), let me know...I can put those up as well.

Yes! Post them if you can. I would enjoy seeing them. It's hard to believe this was all the way back in 1984. Does time ever fly....
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Very well. I'll put two different ads up per week until they're all gone. I do, however, reserve the right to pull them at any time. Gotta keep an eye on my bandwidth :)

I've just added the "Hal 2000" Apple Ad, which of course parodies 2001: A Space Odyssey. You've got to hand it to Apple: they produce some interesting ads! This latest addition can be viewed here. Same as before: Quicktime format, broadband connection recommended. Enjoy!

Return to “The Awesome 80's”