Britain welcomes you....

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
capt_buzzard

Britain welcomes you....

Post by capt_buzzard »

In Britain, immigration policy is in a mess. That, at least, is how the public sees it.In a poll last week 77% disagreed that the government had the situtation under control, 75% said there were too many immigrants, and 70% did not think the government was 'open and honest'.

It is not surprising that there is confusion. One headline this month said that Tony Blair was 'to set tough new tests for migrants', a week later, Charles Clarke, the home secretary, said that ''we want more migration, more people coming to study, to work, to look for refuge''.

www.sunday-times.co.uk
lady cop

Britain welcomes you....

Post by lady cop »

well charles clarke is going to be my new best friend :D
crazygal

Britain welcomes you....

Post by crazygal »

Yes it is in a mess. I am ashamed to call myself a Londoner anymore, it's been taken over and I hate it!
StupidCowboyTricks

Britain welcomes you....

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

crazygal wrote: Yes it is in a mess. I am ashamed to call myself a Londoner anymore, it's been taken over and I hate it!

Do you know Pat Butcher?
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

crazygal

Britain welcomes you....

Post by crazygal »

lmfao no not personally the actress, Pat St Clement isn't the type of person I hang out with, lol.

I have an HUGE Eastenders fan though, I never miss an episode :)
StupidCowboyTricks

Britain welcomes you....

crazygal wrote: lmfao no not personally the actress, Pat St Clement isn't the type of person I hang out with, lol.

I have an HUGE Eastenders fan though, I never miss an episode :)
How about Frank?

I hear Din was burried in the basement.........lmao

crazygal

Britain welcomes you....

Post by crazygal »

Eww no can't stand Frank and Den was yes, Chrissie has just gone on trial for murdering him. Dennis, Nigel Harman is my man but he leaves at Christmas :(
Bothwell

Britain welcomes you....

Post by Bothwell »

Crazy I dont think our cousins across the pond understand the Pat Butcher ref:D

Oh and I bloody hate Eastenders, it's so depressing but then the only soap I listen to is the Archers because I am an old git
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
StupidCowboyTricks

Britain welcomes you....

Bothwell wrote: Crazy I dont think our cousins across the pond understand the Pat Butcher ref:D

Oh and I bloody hate Eastenders, it's so depressing but then the only soap I listen to is the Archers because I am an old git

I hear Pat is a "bull Dog Dyke"(in real life) not my words

We have no "Eastenders" here anymore

we were about three years behind, I got BBC America and it was about a week behind and they jerked it.

It was just as Den was about to come back.

I have customers that I talk to (from Britain)

I just learned about Dennis Watts a few weeks ago.

It was and still is a great Ice breaker.://">

Whotcha!

chrisb84uk

Britain welcomes you....

Post by chrisb84uk »

:wah: It's so funny how the initial point of a thread, can change so dramatically. Oh and Bothwell u are not alone I too agree that Eastenders is awful, how anyone can watch it is beyond me personally. :p
Raven

Britain welcomes you....

Post by Raven »

lady cop wrote: well charles clarke is going to be my new best friend :D
LOL! I dont think we count LC! The immigration they refer to is the folks from India, Pakistan, Africa and the middle east. Americans , Aussies and Kiwi's are'nt considered as foreigners. We are the ones that come to play and pay our taxes like good colonials should!:cool:
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Britain welcomes you....

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Anyone who thinks we DONT have enough refugees - come to london if you can find a square mile that aint infested i will eat my boots.
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Raven

Britain welcomes you....

Post by Raven »

From what I see on the telly, it seems ALL the major cities in Britain are pretty saturated!:-2
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
crazygal

Britain welcomes you....

Post by crazygal »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Anyone who thinks we DONT have enough refugees - come to london if you can find a square mile that aint infested i will eat my boots.

Infested, what a great word and so true! That's why I moved to the area I am in now.
Bothwell

Britain welcomes you....

Post by Bothwell »

Funny thing is my mother is in hospital right now and the hospital is "Infested" with doctors, nurses, auxillaries etc who do not hail from this country and they have looked after her fantastically well.

I presume that some of you complaining eat at curry houses, kebab shops etc so have they all got to go "Home" or are we being selective now, I notice that the Premiership football league is also "infested" with johnny foreigner, I suppose because they are rich they dont count.

This country has a colonial past and has in my view attoned for some of the injustices of this past by our willingness to offer succour to those in need. The policies that are in force concerning "economic" migrants are because of EU laws and should no doubt be tightened.

Never forget that in the past the United Kingdon has on several occassions encouraged immigration such as the West Indian influx in the 50's and 60's to do the jobs we would not do.

London itself has a history of welcoming immigrants that stretches back centuries and it has made it the vibrant multicultural city it is. Would we like it as much if were purely white middle class.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Britain welcomes you....

I live i london and its not a very nice place, where i live in highbury you would class it as well to do but walk out side after dark and its a very different matter there are definite no go areas, a young lad my daughter knows was recently murdered( last monday) for being in the wrong postcode (he was stabbed 5 times ) - theft and violence is a reality and a lot of the gangs are ruthless and bearly 16.I have no problem with immigrants that want to work and intergrate but from what i can see the majority dont the NHS is crippled to breaking point ,schools are over stretched,i had to wait 8 months to get on a GPs waiting list. im sorry if it duz sound harsh but it duz seem more like an infestation than just simple over crowding.

abbey

Britain welcomes you....

Post by abbey »

Bothwell wrote: Funny thing is my mother is in hospital right now and the hospital is "Infested" with doctors, nurses, auxillaries etc who do not hail from this country and they have looked after her fantastically well.

I presume that some of you complaining eat at curry houses, kebab shops etc so have they all got to go "Home" or are we being selective now, I notice that the Premiership football league is also "infested" with johnny foreigner, I suppose because they are rich they dont count.

This country has a colonial past and has in my view attoned for some of the injustices of this past by our willingness to offer succour to those in need. The policies that are in force concerning "economic" migrants are because of EU laws and should no doubt be tightened.

Never forget that in the past the United Kingdon has on several occassions encouraged immigration such as the West Indian influx in the 50's and 60's to do the jobs we would not do.

London itself has a history of welcoming immigrants that stretches back centuries and it has made it the vibrant multicultural city it is. Would we like it as much if were purely white middle class.Sorry to hear about your mum Both, my very best wishes to you both.

Hope she gets better soon x
martin simpkins

Britain welcomes you....

Post by martin simpkins »

it doesnt feel that way to me
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Britain welcomes you....

martin simpkins wrote: it doesnt feel that way to me
..Martin what do you mean ? which part are you not happy with.

Return to “United Kingdom”