Lost a lot of weight

Teach4life

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Teach4life »

I have been doing a doctor directed liquid diet since Feb. I have lost 90 but have another 40 to go. I am killing myself with this. I want to eat and I have been cheating. What would you guys suggest to loose the rest of the weight?

Julie:lips: hehe me not eating
CARLA

Lost a lot of weight

Post by CARLA »

Julie,

You go girl. I'm not a fan of LIQUID DIETS. I have had many friend do the liquid diet thing, and as soon as they started eating again the pounds packed back on.

Knowing that I would say its a good thing your eating a bit, you have to introduce food back into your diet sooner or later. Start with the good stuff fruits and veggies they are always good for you. Lean meats if you like meat.. stay away for starches if possible and SODA...soda is so fattening.. get that carbonated (sp) water sugar free, no caffine, no calories I drink it all the time it's pretty good comes in tons of flavors and is dirt cheap at WALMART.

Just don't beat yourself up when you start eating again, you will gain some weight back its a given you eating solids again, not liquids they weigh more.

GOOD LUCK ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Teach4life

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Teach4life »

Thanks for your input. With Over 100 lbs to lose, the liquid was better then the surgery in my eyes. I am 34 and did not want to have health difficulties. I tried weight watchers and other diets. Dr. Phil is great....but I was so overwhelmed with the sheer amount of weight. I am not wanting to gain back..not ever but damn if that trail mix in the pantry isn't calling my name!

Julie :):-5
minks

Lost a lot of weight

Post by minks »

Teach4life wrote: Thanks for your input. With Over 100 lbs to lose, the liquid was better then the surgery in my eyes. I am 34 and did not want to have health difficulties. I tried weight watchers and other diets. Dr. Phil is great....but I was so overwhelmed with the sheer amount of weight. I am not wanting to gain back..not ever but damn if that trail mix in the pantry isn't calling my name!

Throw in some exercise and proper eating habits of proper food and you watch things will happen
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Teach4life

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Teach4life »

I must admit that my exercise has faltered. I was good for a bit but then lost it...I have to get back on the wagon with it. I am so off right now!
minks

Lost a lot of weight

Post by minks »

Teach4life wrote: I must admit that my exercise has faltered. I was good for a bit but then lost it...I have to get back on the wagon with it. I am so off right now!

I hear ya, I am the same, I have good intentions hah!

― Mae West
abbey

Lost a lot of weight

Post by abbey »

you're bound to be at a bit of a low at the moment Julie,

you've done really well to lose 90 lbs, it seems that when you

have lost so much weight the scales always seem to stick dont they?

I'd go back to the doctor and ask their advice, its ok to cheat sometimes

we're all human, just try not to look on it as a cheat treat it more as a

reward.

And try if you can to get back on the exercise, aim to get fit for something,

a charity run or walk, that may just give you the inititive you need.

Good luck with the other stubborn 40 x
Teach4life

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Teach4life »

abbey wrote: you're bound to be at a bit of a low at the moment Julie,

you've done really well to lose 90 lbs, it seems that when you

have lost so much weight the scales always seem to stick dont they?

I'd go back to the doctor and ask their advice, its ok to cheat sometimes

we're all human, just try not to look on it as a cheat treat it more as a

reward.

And try if you can to get back on the exercise, aim to get fit for something,

a charity run or walk, that may just give you the inititive you need.

Good luck with the other stubborn 40 x

Thanks fo rthe words of encouragment! I think I will look into that. I am still trying, but I am concidering going off the liquid.
Jives

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Jives »

Julie, congratualtions on losing so much weight. Now to lose the rest you must both burn some of it and turn some of it to muscle.

I used to lift weights to gain muscle tone, but that's hard on my joints now, and I don't particularly like being sweaty (except in certain circumstances) so I took up the ultimate body building hobby....

swimming.

It's low impact, no sweat, cool and refreshing exercise. i swim for two hours a day, five times a week and love it to death. it's quiet and meditative too.

Get yorself a nice pair of diving goggles, I recommend those because the eye goggles still let water getup your nose. Use professional scuba goggles, they're not expensive at all. Personally, I like to deep dive, so ask the life guards if you can dive in the deep ens when it's lap swimming only.

I've dropped about 30 pounds this summer, and got a nice tan to show for it. My doctor is amazed, since I am now at the ideal weight, and I'm the only patient he has that has actually gotten fitter and lost weight on steroids.

Here's another tip. As much as we would like to, don't teach from behind your desk. Move your desk to the back of the classroom not just because you;ll have to teach on your feet all day and get exercise that way as well, but also to give the students a visual cue as to when the class is starting
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
venus

Lost a lot of weight

Post by venus »

Well done Julie, don't get down hearted. One of the ways l feel that help you lose weight is a positive attitude, if you believe in it it will happen.

The advice is everything in moderation, even sweets, but you gotta exersize.

I'm a hypocrite at the mo as lm carrying extra pounds and l need to shift it..

So lm gonna take my own advice... How about some competition..

Every month or 2 weeks a weigh in to see who's still losing..

We can do it via private message if you like.

I always found a bit of competition drives you harder, but no cheatin:-2
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
minks

Lost a lot of weight

Post by minks »

venus wrote: Well done Julie, don't get down hearted. One of the ways l feel that help you lose weight is a positive attitude, if you believe in it it will happen.

Maybe we could get far in along with jives and teach us ladies some dicipline on our exercise. And hey you know what all the power to any of you out there weight watching. It is not walk in the park. Even tougher when we pass the mighty 40 years of age.

― Mae West
Teach4life

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Teach4life »

venus wrote: Well done Julie, don't get down hearted. One of the ways l feel that help you lose weight is a positive attitude, if you believe in it it will happen.

Sounds GREAT! Im up for it if others are!
nvalleyvee

Lost a lot of weight

Post by nvalleyvee »

Teach4life wrote: Thanks for your input. With Over 100 lbs to lose, the liquid was better then the surgery in my eyes. I am 34 and did not want to have health difficulties. I tried weight watchers and other diets. Dr. Phil is great....but I was so overwhelmed with the sheer amount of weight. I am not wanting to gain back..not ever but damn if that trail mix in the pantry isn't calling my name!

I am very impressed with your ability to stay with it :yh_worshp. I don't know much about liquid diets and am not a nutritionist sooooo all I can tell you is how I lost 45 pounds. I ate about 400 calories 5 times a day. I never was hungry and I never was full. Now I still eat 3-5 times a day but in small portions. I get hungry every 4 or 5 hours and I eat. I make it a point not to get full and I have kept the weight off for 4 years. 400 calories could be an apple and yogurt or a bagel with cream cheese or a salad and chicken (no skin). The main thing I did that the doctor told me was VERY important was to have breakfast every day to jump start my metabolism from sleeping for 8 hours. I have the utmost respect for you in doing this hard job without surgery or diet pills. Good luck!!!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Teach4life

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Teach4life »

nvalleyvee wrote: I am very impressed with your ability to stay with it :yh_worshp. I don't know much about liquid diets and am not a nutritionist sooooo all I can tell you is how I lost 45 pounds. I ate about 400 calories 5 times a day. I never was hungry and I never was full. Now I still eat 3-5 times a day but in small portions. I get hungry every 4 or 5 hours and I eat. I make it a point not to get full and I have kept the weight off for 4 years. 400 calories could be an apple and yogurt or a bagel with cream cheese or a salad and chicken (no skin). The main thing I did that the doctor told me was VERY important was to have breakfast every day to jump start my metabolism from sleeping for 8 hours. I have the utmost respect for you in doing this hard job without surgery or diet pills. Good luck!!!!!

The liquid diet is 450 calories a day. I don't have to take any extra vitamins because it is all there. You lose weight fast, but it gets harder instead of easier. I dont know if I am trying to talk myself out of this way or what....al I know is that I have to re learn how to eat, or rather I have to practice what I already know about good eating habits.
persephone

Lost a lot of weight

Post by persephone »

Just walking would help if you don't do much exercise, that's how I lost loads of weight around Easter time (got checked out, I'm healthy).

Must add, I don't stroll, it's not quite speed walking but I am running late most days ... I have a brisk walk down to the station and always walk back to the house, no buses.

If you drive everywhere, leave the car at home when you pop to the shops, or park a little further away from your destination. If you use public transport, walk to the next bus stop or get off the one before.

Every little helps :-6
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
venus

Lost a lot of weight

Post by venus »

ok then guys who's up for the challenge

and you've got to swear on (insert what ever you hold dear) that you will not cheat!

we could have a seperate thread and get as many of us in as possible. Whether as a loser! nicest possible term l mean it, or as a consultant, ie far etc

what do you think:rolleyes:
Teach4life

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Teach4life »

venus wrote: ok then guys who's up for the challenge

and you've got to swear on (insert what ever you hold dear) that you will not cheat!

we could have a seperate thread and get as many of us in as possible. Whether as a loser! nicest possible term l mean it, or as a consultant, ie far etc

I am in in in...do I get to count my 90 so far...lol
venus

Lost a lot of weight

Post by venus »

oh l dont know, wouldnt that give you an unfair advantage!

maybe we should ask the judges, when we decide who they are:-3

cool idea flop, we can share recipes for low fat food that doesnt taste of wood:wah:

have you tried the chat pub yet?
mominiowa

Lost a lot of weight

Post by mominiowa »

I am in - the steriods bloat me up like a balloon! But the doc has agreed that I need to get weight off so...

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
venus

Lost a lot of weight

Post by venus »

yeehaaaaa one more for the gang, now (rubs hands together looking shifty) who else?
lady cop

Lost a lot of weight

Post by lady cop »

it's the strangest thing. i am 6 feet tall and think i'm fat. then i go to work and my gunbelt is hanging down my butt and the guys are calling me barney fife. it's all perception i think. it's how we perceive ourselves?
nvalleyvee

Lost a lot of weight

Post by nvalleyvee »

flopstock wrote: Far my butt!:p He's the biggest gossip in the garden! Let's get Vickie Mae in there if we let Far in...she'll keep him in line..heheheh

Now, point of order here ladies...do we have to say what we want to lose in pounds or can we do %s ? Seems to me a few of the ladies in here, who are standing at the door of barbie kingdom, might be hesitant to rub our nose in what they weigh.. but if they are trying to lose 10% and I am trying to lose 20% it doesn't seem as far apart as if they said they want to lose 12 lbs and I say I want to lose 70 lbs Plus we don't have to be converting each others measuring unit to ours!:-3

I'm in... after 1 year and 3 months... the tamoxifen has started creeping pounds on me. I could go for 10 pounds and a holding pattern again. You must remember that last ones are the hardest to lose.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
venus

Lost a lot of weight

Post by venus »

Well l think this is going to be a success...

Dont know how to work out my percentage though!

But l will figure it out, its because l havent so much as set a weight as a feeling and getting mt Ar$e into a pair of old jeans:D
Dizz

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Dizz »

My personal curse is the fact that I can only maintain my weight. I don't gain or lose easily. So, I'm stuck at 180 lbs. I go weeks eating less /lower calorie foods and excercise. I notice a difference in tone (sometimes) and endurance, but no change in weight. :-5
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
valerie

Lost a lot of weight

Post by valerie »

Them's fightin' words!! Who you callin' YOUNGER?

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

kmhowe72

Lost a lot of weight

Post by kmhowe72 »

What have you been drinking
kmhowe
abbey

Lost a lot of weight

Post by abbey »

kmhowe72 wrote: What have you been drinkingChampagne in Bothwells pub, come on over!
Bez

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Bez »

venus wrote: ok then guys who's up for the challenge

Did anything come of this thread....can't find anything
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Lizzie Love

Lost a lot of weight

Post by Lizzie Love »

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

hello to all and thankyou for the inspiring posts. I do need some advice on how to lose weight, I am an admitted Carboholic and the recent bacchanalian festivities with my family and pals in the UK have left me with tight pants and many many curves.

I am asking for any common sense advice after a lifetime of on/off dieting, I worry that my metabolism is slow. So, I am walking 4 miles a day mon-thursday and intend to swim saturday and sunday. Any help, or tips anyone can give me will be gratefully received. I asked for advice a few months ago when we moved house and the results are fantastic, my house is looking great (thanks to all who helped me with colour).

I don't eat much meat and drool like Homer if I am near a Cinnabon....mmmmmmmmmmm:p

Well I have 30 pounds to lose, as I am not very tall 5' 2" that is a lot on me. Any help from anyone will be most welcome.

Love

Lizzie
"Peace begins with a smile"

Mother Theresa

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”