Spring

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

I know it's only 2 weeks since Christmas, but I'm really looking forward to the Spring. A time of re-birth for nature when warmth returns to the earth. There are some tell tale signs already with daffodil bulbs peeping through.

What plans have you guys got for the spring ??

What are you looking forward to ??
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
StupidCowboyTricks

Spring

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Bez wrote: I know it's only 2 weeks since Christmas, but I'm really looking forward to the Spring. A time of re-birth for nature when warmth returns to the earth. There are some tell tale signs already with daffodil bulbs peeping through.

You should be here in Southren Calif, It's about 85 degrees out today.....snowcapped local mountains, and hay fever. :)
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

Lil~Basco

Spring

Post by Lil~Basco »

Bez wrote: I know it's only 2 weeks since Christmas, but I'm really looking forward to the Spring. A time of re-birth for nature when warmth returns to the earth. There are some tell tale signs already with daffodil bulbs peeping through.

Think Spring! What a lovely idea!!! :-6

Bulb and seed catalogs are finding their way into my mailbox already. Have been looking them over to decide what I might be planting in the garden. I like to start some of my seeds the end of February and early part of March.

I look forward to seeing the first buds coming out on the trees and the forest starting to thicken up. The grass starts to green up and the thoughts of mowing. Yard clean up from twigs and branches that have fallen during the winter too. Can always find things to keep busy outdoors when Spring arrives.

How about you Bez? What are your plans?

Spring is just a wonderful time of the year!
booradley

Spring

Post by booradley »

Spring seems a very long way off right now. I did notice one brave little snow drop in my garden though:)
lady cop

Spring

Post by lady cop »

you're joking right? i'm in florida and under a hard freeze watch! let me enjoy my two months of cool weather before i'm back in the blast furnace. last week i still had the A/C on. :-6 Bez i love you, but PHOOEY!
Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: You should be here in Southren Calif, It's about 85 degrees out today.....snowcapped local mountains, and hay fever. :)

It's been about 2 degrees here with a few snowflakes. The worst of the weather is usually over by the end of February...i really envy you your 85 degrees...i'll think about you when I go to bed with my hot water bottle !!:D

LC....my feet are cold, I've 2 big jumpers on despite the central heating....i want to be warm with the sun on my face.:-6
StupidCowboyTricks

Spring

Bez wrote: It's been about 2 degrees here with a few snowflakes. The worst off the weather is usually over by the end of february...i really envy you your 85 degrees...i think about you when I go to bed with my hot water bottle !!:D

Weird weather, It was rainy and cold at the beginning of the week, We didn't have much of a winter, of course it isn't over yet, Though we do need rain our hills need to dry out because there are so many landslides lately. Do you watch The OC? Or Laguna Beach?

StupidCowboyTricks

Spring

booradley wrote: Spring seems a very long way off right now. I did notice one brave little snow drop in my garden though:)
Hi Boo Boo how are you?

Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

tmbsgrl wrote: For me in April my husband and I are going to be celebrating our 1st yr anniversary! We are going to go to Vegas!:-4

How fantastic...we'll look forward to hearing all about it. Something really fab to look forward to.xxx:-6
lady cop

Spring

Post by lady cop »

quote from Bez...LC....my feet are cold, I've 2 big jumpers on despite the central heating....i want to be warm with the sun on my face.:-6....i love it! i have two robes on and socks, instead of having to be half naked all the time. i'm not sweating bullets. i can snuggle under my big fat german down comforter. tell you what sweetie, i'll trade you houses! :-4
Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

This what I'm really looking forward to as well as the warnth..

chonsigirl

Spring

Post by chonsigirl »

I am looking forward to warmer weather! And working in the garden, and planting flowers, flowers and more flowers. I have two large flower beds dedicated to my favorite flower, and I plant them in the springtime and they bloom from May-October here-California poppies.

Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: I am looking forward to warmer weather! And working in the garden, and planting flowers, flowers and more flowers. I have two large flower beds dedicated to my favorite flower, and I plant them in the springtime and they bloom from May-October here-California poppies.

They are gorgeous....so sunny and happy. Are they easy to grow ?
chonsigirl

Spring

Post by chonsigirl »

Very easy to grow, and very pretty. There are several color variations too, I had a strain of white poppies in one bed.........

Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: Very easy to grow, and very pretty. There are several color variations too, I had a strain of white poppies in one bed.........

I will definitely give them a try
chonsigirl

Spring

Post by chonsigirl »

If you can't find them, you can order them from here. Or PM me, and I'll send you some over in the spring.

http://www.seedman.com/poppy.htm
Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: If you can't find them, you can order them from here. Or PM me, and I'll send you some over in the spring.

http://www.seedman.com/poppy.htm

Thanks Chonsi...that's really sweet of you.
chonsigirl

Spring

Post by chonsigirl »

It is my one item from my years in California, I love the poppies. And my family sends me seeds every year, so I have lots of them. It is my favorite set of planters.

This is a picture of them from last June.

Attached files
minks

Spring

Post by minks »

Spring for me is a long ways off not till May really so I look forward to NO MORE SNOW, thought winter thus far has been incredibly mild, I anticipate a killer February and we may freeze up solid. In spring I look at getting back on the hiking and biking trails. yah!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

minks wrote: Spring for me is a long ways off not till May really so I look forward to NO MORE SNOW, thought winter thus far has been incredibly mild, I anticipate a killer February and we may freeze up solid. In spring I look at getting back on the hiking and biking trails. yah!!

Some more pictures to brighten up your winter.
chonsigirl

Spring

Post by chonsigirl »

Those pictures so did brighten up my day! Thanks Bez!
Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

I guess we'll be seeing these before the daffs etc.....
Bez

Spring

Post by Bez »

Although the forecast is for bitterly cold weather next week, there are signs of spring in the garden with the bulbs pushing their way to the surface and buds starting to show on some of the shrubs.

hotsauce

Spring

Post by hotsauce »

I will be adding a new shade tree and one new flower bed this spring. I will also be chopping down some pesky trees that have shot up in the wrong places. OH and mulch, mulch, mulch...I love spring...summer...the garden...can't wait!
G-man

Spring

Post by G-man »

I've already gotten started... I removed all the mulch from my herb garden and all of my tropical gardens... and I planted some colder season vegetables... I've got tonnes of stuff in the greenhouses sprouting or already ready to plant outdoors... I can't wait for it to get another 15 degrees warmer here.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “General Chit Chat”