Not Free To Pray...

A forum to discuss local issues in Asia, Africa, and the rest of the world.
capt_buzzard

Not Free To Pray...

Post by capt_buzzard »

A candidate in today's Palestinian Presidential election was arressted by Israeli police yesterday as he tried to pray in Jerusalem's Old City.

Mustafa Barghouti, who is running a poor second behind Mahmoud Abbas in the race to find a successor to the late Yasser Arafat, was stopped as he entered one of the gates on his way to the al-Aqsa mosque compond.

Police said he violated an agreement not to campaign in the compond, where crowds gather every Friday to pray.
capt_buzzard

Not Free To Pray...

Post by capt_buzzard »

Same here HollyWood18.
amale

Not Free To Pray...

Post by amale »

It shows the end is near....
Beth

Not Free To Pray...

Post by Beth »

amale wrote: It shows the end is near....How exactly? There has been conflict in this region since, well, for a very, very long time, long before the re-establishment of Isreal. Religion and religious belief is used as a weapon in this area. Religion can incite people on both sides to violence.

I am not sure what to make of this. Was the man there to pray or was he there to incite and campaign? People with political or religious thought often ralley at places of prayer and worship. It is a traditional thing, long before Christ. The arrest strikes me as wrong, but without the story, I don't know.

As far as end talk goes, there have been much bloodier times than these. WE are still here a thousand years, several centuries, several decades, a few years...after religious massacres. I have read all throughout Christianity people have said the end is near.
David813

Not Free To Pray...

Post by David813 »

I think the unwritten rule is if you are an American evangelical Christian you have the God Given Right to pray wherever and whenever you choose. If you are a Muslim, a non-evangelical denomination in Christianity, Hindu or any other religion your freedom of worship depends on what Bush or his troops think is acceptable, or not.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
amale

Not Free To Pray...

Post by amale »

David813 wrote: I think the unwritten rule is if you are an American evangelical Christian you have the God Given Right to pray wherever and whenever you choose. If you are a Muslim, a non-evangelical denomination in Christianity, Hindu or any other religion your freedom of worship depends on what Bush or his troops think is acceptable, or not.

LOL.......

BUT IF I AM IN SOME OTHER PART OF THE WORLD THEN....????? :guitarist
David813

Not Free To Pray...

Post by David813 »

OKOK. If you were in Iran and wanted to pray to a Jewish God you'd be in trouble. Same situation for about every animist religion. But we all know the Almighty Prophet George Bush was chosen by God Himself to rid the world of unimperialist beliefs! Hail to the Chosen One!!!!!!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
capt_buzzard

Not Free To Pray...

Post by capt_buzzard »

David813 wrote: OKOK. If you were in Iran and wanted to pray to a Jewish God you'd be in trouble. Same situation for about every animist religion. But we all know the Almighty Prophet George Bush was chosen by God Himself to rid the world of unimperialist beliefs! Hail to the Chosen One!!!!!!That's true.

Return to “Other Regions”