Best Gift of 2005

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
minks

Best Gift of 2005

Post by minks »

Ok now that we are all into 2006, looking back over 2005's christmas gifts

What was your fave gift you got?

Least Fave?

What were you hoping for and didn't get?

My fave gift was the photo collage from my daughter.

Least Fave gift, I never have one I love everything I get.

ooo wait we received corporate baseball caps and those sucked ok there.

What did I not get hmmm not that I cared but the only gift suggestion I made to my girls was a housecoat and slippers hehehe got neither.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
valerie

Best Gift of 2005

Post by valerie »

My favorite "gift" was seeing my girl pup open HERS!!! Happy, and healthy,

and playing. Man, it was great.

But other than that, I'd have to say my book Chicken Soup For the Horse

Lover's Soul. (Halfway through it already!)

I didn't want anything I didn't get. It was a nice Christmas.

:-4
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

jennyswan

Best Gift of 2005

Post by jennyswan »

I got money from my parents because 'I am too difficult to buy for'.

Imagine l'ille ole me being difficult :sneaky:

I got some nice PJs and my sister gave me a great jacket and socks.

I didn't get anything I didn't like ;)

I bought myself Vera Wang perfume :cool:
Bez

Best Gift of 2005

Post by Bez »

Fave present was a lovely picture of baby Lewis in a gorgeous frame.....and a lovely 'ethnic' small wooden hand painted chest.... ideal for trinkets etc.

Worst present...the one I didn't get from my husband....not even a card...:(

Best 'after christmas' present was all the hugs and support I got from you guys here on New years eve when I fell apart. :-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

Best Gift of 2005

Post by chonsigirl »

My favorite gift was a quilt my daughter made for me, made with loving stiches and beauty from her soul all over it.
Bez

Best Gift of 2005

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: My favorite gift was a quilt my daughter made for me, made with loving stiches and beauty from her soul all over it.

She sounds a wonderful young lady.... my daughter bought me the wooden chest described below. she knows i love that sort of thing
chonsigirl

Best Gift of 2005

Post by chonsigirl »

Handmade gifts are the best, we are lucky to have been given gifts that were made with love.
venus

Best Gift of 2005

Post by venus »

I loved the perfume my son went to great pains to buy for me...:p

All my pressies were great and lm thankful that l haver people in my life that love me enough to give me them, to see me happy.

I also loved seeing people open theirs and seeing them all happy...
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
SOJOURNER

Best Gift of 2005

Post by SOJOURNER »

moverguy wrote: The look on my daughters face when I woke her up, wished her Merry Christmas and told her that every day, God gives me a little Christmas by being her dad.

She was for the only time in her life, speechless

What a beautiful message for your daughter to receive.

You must be a great Dad!
actionfigurestepho

Best Gift of 2005

Post by actionfigurestepho »

My kidney was my best gift. I guess you can say I wrapped it myself. :p
SOJOURNER

Best Gift of 2005

Post by SOJOURNER »

actionfigurestepho wrote: My kidney was my best gift. I guess you can say I wrapped it myself. :p

I see your humor is still honed. :) How's your energy level through the day?
nvalleyvee

Best Gift of 2005

Post by nvalleyvee »

Best gift - I got my 2 year cancer free clearance on the 19th - only have to see the oncologist every 6 months now. OHHH WAIT that is a tie.... I married BTS in July.

Worst gift - I got a the dadburned stomach flu the day after X-Mas but so did 8 out of the 14 people at the neighborhood luminaria party X-Mas Eve.

If I don't get what I want - I go out and buy it.............:wah:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

Best Gift of 2005

Post by CARLA »

ACTION, Amen to that, what a present indeed..;)

My kidney was my best gift. I guess you can say I wrapped it myself.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

actionfigurestepho

Best Gift of 2005

Post by actionfigurestepho »

SOJOURNER wrote: I see your humor is still honed. :) How's your energy level through the day?I'm pretty wired. I keep losing weight and having low blood sugar so to counter it I get to eat all sorts of fun foods.

I'm trying to think of my worst present---ah, that would be my parents losing my only sneakers, my UN conference sweatshirt and my favorite jammie pants in the hospital. Although you can bet I got guilt gifts for that. A close second would be some awful re-gifted perfume, the cheap kind that smells like mens' aftershave.

NV---isn't health a fabulous gift?
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Best Gift of 2005

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

my favourite presant was pink sapphire eternity ring from the old man and a close second is a opal and ruby ring my mum bought me i absolutely adore them.(feeling really greedy now).....
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
minks

Best Gift of 2005

Post by minks »

Bez wrote: Fave present was a lovely picture of baby Lewis in a gorgeous frame.....and a lovely 'ethnic' small wooden hand painted chest.... ideal for trinkets etc.

Worst present...the one I didn't get from my husband....not even a card...:(

Best 'after christmas' present was all the hugs and support I got from you guys here on New years eve when I fell apart. :-4

You saying your husband gave you squat? Zero? Nothing? Nada?

Can I come kick his arse in May??

― Mae West
jennyswan

Best Gift of 2005

Post by jennyswan »

My kidney was my best gift. I guess you can say I wrapped it myself.

Hi Steph

Glad to hear everything is going well for you :-6
The Red One

Best Gift of 2005

Post by The Red One »

Worst gift....4 Spiderman velvet coloring sheets from my in-laws (cost about $5), I know I shouldn't be ugly about it but my mil favors my bil and sil and their three kids over my little family. The bil and sil got $30 to $100 gifts from them. They got my hubby a flashlight that he already had. My boys got some cheap dollar store toys and they bought my three nephews better toys and clothes and more. A purse my mother bought me....it really is awful.

Best gift....a set of king size sheets olive green too, they're actually pretty. A swiss army knife from my hubby. Nothing from the boys since the hubby didn't think to take them to a seperate part of the store when we went.

I didn't have any gifts I wanted and didn't get except love and acceptance and equality from my mil, but I did from her mother. :D But grandma will have to be another thread....she's fabulous!!!!! And on my side.....:sneaky:
Bez

Best Gift of 2005

Post by Bez »

minks wrote: You saying your husband gave you squat? Zero? Nothing? Nada?

Can I come kick his arse in May??

Yep....zilch...can you drop something on his head as you fly over in May :D

It's his birthday on Saturday....guess what i'm getting him ????

xxxxx
Raven

Best Gift of 2005

Post by Raven »

Bez wrote: Yep....zilch...can you drop something on his head as you fly over in May :D

xxxxx
LOL!! May the bird of air canada fly over his head and gift him with......!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Lil~Basco

Best Gift of 2005

Post by Lil~Basco »

Far Rider wrote: aahahahahha hmmmm...let me guess.... nothin?

better yet stand in front of him naked and give him nothin!:D
Bad, bad, bad!!! :yh_mean

But such goooood advise! :yh_rotfl
minks

Best Gift of 2005

Post by minks »

Raven wrote: LOL!! May the bird of air canada fly over his head and gift him with......!

I shall bring some moose plops to drop upon his head hehehehe

― Mae West
minks

Best Gift of 2005

Post by minks »

Far Rider wrote: ahahahahahahaha why oh why do I advocate against my fellow man? *shakes head*

men.... 50% of us er dorks... the other 45% er to busy to care.... the last 5% are wisely listening to other women and damn lucky we havent screwed up yet!!:wah:

Aww far you men all have your good qualities, each is different and generally don't match what their partners expect tee hee hee

― Mae West
minks

Best Gift of 2005

Post by minks »

Far Rider wrote: uh huh...thats why I listen up to the many wise and professional advice in FG from you ladies I wanna be a man among men!:D

you tha best man, and ditto to you on the friend found in 2005, you are my best gift in a friend of the year ;)

― Mae West
Bez

Best Gift of 2005

Post by Bez »

Bez wrote:

xxxxx

changed my mind...if I do the same as him...then I'm no better than him, so I've bought him a small gift......am I right or wrong ????:confused:
SOJOURNER

Best Gift of 2005

Post by SOJOURNER »

Bez wrote: changed my mind...if I do the same as him...then I'm no better than him, so I've bought him a small gift......am I right or wrong ????:confused:

I think you are right.

I think you want to give him a gift and therefore you should do so. One does not gift another looking for a return. I think you speaking out about your disappointment to him about not being remembered (I surely hope you did) will be sufficient to bring about a more sensitive response for any forthcoming holidays.

My husband made this mistake once. It was the year he bought me the '53 TD. He decided to restore it for me and all through the year he bought all kinds of pieces/parts for it. Christmas = nothing! He told me I had my Christmas all year long. :D I was not pleased. Especially since, to date, this car is still in a dismantled state with pieces/parts stored throughout the house.

The following Christmas was bountiful. Santa even filled my 'very large stocking'. The man outdid himself. He redeemed himself admirally.
Bez

Best Gift of 2005

Post by Bez »

SOJOURNER wrote: I think you are right.

I think you want to give him a gift and therefore you should do so. One does not gift another looking for a return. I think you speaking out about your disappointment to him about not being remembered (I surely hope you did) will be sufficient to bring about a more sensitive response for any forthcoming holidays.

My husband made this mistake once. It was the year he bought me the '53 TD. He decided to restore it for me and all through the year he bought all kinds of pieces/parts for it. Christmas = nothing! He told me I had my Christmas all year long. :D I was not pleased. Especially since, to date, this car is still in a dismantled state with pieces/parts stored throughout the house.

The following Christmas was bountiful. Santa even filled my 'very large stocking'. The man outdid himself. He redeemed himself admirally.

He actually couldn't be bothered Sojo, which was incredibly hurtful. As you say, we don't give to recieve, but rather to give plesure and show our love/affection. I just know that I'll feel better NOT being a vengeful and bitter human being tomorrow. xxx
SOJOURNER

Best Gift of 2005

Post by SOJOURNER »

For you, Bez...........

You have a beautiful soul. Enjoy his birthday.
lady cop

Best Gift of 2005

Post by lady cop »

not only are you sweet Bez, and right to not serve him in kind, it's really fun to pile on the guilt. he deserves it. but i will tell you how i really feel....he negates you as a woman, wife, and human being by not honoring you at Christmas, or any other time. he's a non-entity. why pretend? obviously you're a non-entity to him. stop being so damn nice and shoot his kneecaps. i really want to talk to you more about this privately. :-4

Return to “General Chit Chat”