what will you do on new year's eve?

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

what will you do on new year's eve? do you party, or do you seek peace and quiet? i always liked to work that night, it is one of the most entertaining nights of the year for a cop! (except for the fatal accidents of course).
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I never go out of the house on New Year's Eve, I'm always afraid of the people who drink and drive too much that night.

Stay home with the family, and see if I can stay up to midnight!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

In Las Vegas, the big thing for locals was to find a remote hilltop to watch the fireworks on the strip. The whole strip was lit up with computer controlled precision. It was great!

In San Antonio .... :thinking: dunno, really.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

To me NYE is over rated. Ill be asleep by 10.
I AM AWESOME MAN
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Nomad wrote: To me NYE is over rated. Ill be asleep by 10.you're known as mr. excitement in your neighborhood eh? :p :wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I guess :wah: In all honesty I see every day as new and exciting (well almost every day) I dont really need an excuse. I like it my way :)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bez

Post by Bez »

Nomad wrote: To me NYE is over rated. Ill be asleep by 10.

You and me both Nomad....just can't keep my eylids open that long. I have bought a boxed set of Cirque Soleil called 'Solstrom'. Apparently it was a series on TV....9.5 hrs worth. Should keep me out of mischief...might watch it NYE.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

Invited to a party at the local Tavern....country music, line dancing, food and drink. Lobster tails and bacon wrapped filet mignon when I return home. Yummy! :)
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

Goin to my sisters..whole family, kids 'n all. Her husband and my husband have struck up an old band (from pre-kids days) and the band will be playing. Lot of people coming....party goes on all night. There will be tons of food and the house is big so anyone and everyone is encouraged to stay all night. The kids are all usually ushered to bed in my sisters bedroom where they all pass out watching a movie in her bed....10 kids in a king bed and 20 more scattered about the floor!! The next morning the floor is barely visible as it is covered in popcorn and little bodies!! Last year we did karaoke into the wee morning hours--that was great!! Can't wait to do it again!
Nature laughs Last
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Well, it used to be that I'd go out to the biggest, rowdiest party I could find, get completely schnockered and take advantage of the free cab rides home that MADD offers. This year, I figured I'd have to work so that plan was moot. Turns out, my boss loves me, and is letting me work days that day so I can have my first New Years as a married woman with my husband. We will be partying with the brothers and I will be the designated driver.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

Babyrider you are very kind! I hope they appreciate you!! Have lots of fun!!
Nature laughs Last
orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

I'm having a 70th birthday party for my Dad here at my place, only about 22 people coming as he's not a real social person.

He said if to many people come he'll go watch TV, his Dr friend said he'd join him and his other friend said if to many come he'll go home. It's really hard putting a party on for anti social people.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Bez wrote: You and me both Nomad....just can't keep my eylids open that long. I have bought a boxed set of Cirque Soleil called 'Solstrom'. Apparently it was a series on TV....9.5 hrs worth. Should keep me out of mischief...might watch it NYE.
Oh I love them! Their acts are awesome! I would so like to be able to see them live some time.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

BabyRider wrote: Well, it used to be that I'd go out to the biggest, rowdiest party I could find, get completely schnockered and take advantage of the free cab rides home that MADD offers. This year, I figured I'd have to work so that plan was moot. Turns out, my boss loves me, and is letting me work days that day so I can have my first New Years as a married woman with my husband. We will be partying with the brothers and I will be the designated driver.
How great! That's a true win-win situation for everyone. Have a great evening.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

NOTHING.. AND LOVING IT..!! ;) A little of this..!! and Lots of this..!! what more could you want..!!;) Even though my CHARGERS screwed up I will be watching the game Saturday against Denver..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Anybody have Nomad's phone number? We can all crank call him all night long. :driving:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Accountable wrote: Anybody have Nomad's phone number? We can all crank call him all night long. :driving:i have it....it'll cost you. :D
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Damn took the fun right out of it Gonad..!! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

removed to protect Gonad..!!

Looking forward to hearing from you. :-2
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote: Is anyone brave enough to dial that? I have a suspicion its to a massage parlor or something.
Come on Snooze. Check this out and report back.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Probably sit at home on my own, 'somebody' hasn't let me know if he's having the kids next weekend or not, so I daren't make any plans. :(
orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

SOJOURNER wrote: Come on Snooze. Check this out and report back.

I also vote for Snooze to check the number out.

Let us know Snooze
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

it's an anonymous voice mail. :thinking:
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

We will stay home and avoid the drunks..............
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeControl wrote: Did you leave a message?No, but I left a paper bag of poo. :D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I'd like to join some of you for the fun you'll be having but I have a policy to be asleep by 11 on NYE. I don't like to see the year turn, it upsets me. Sometimes I've broken the rule and stayed up but forgot to watch the clock and then I'll see it's 12:45 or something. As long as it passes without me knowing I'm okay. I like to wake up and know it happened without me. :)
theia

Post by theia »

Nothing...like Carla. I'm not impressed by New Year's Eve...like Nomad
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

We're doing our Christmas on New Year's Eve. I'll probably go to bed early and read a book. I DID make resolutions, but I'm starting them now because one of my resolutions is to stop procrastinating, and waiting till the 1st is a form of proscrastination!

Return to “Members' News”