Discuss the Jewish Faith and the Torah.
valerie

Velohim

Post by valerie »

Can anyone out there give me a definition of this word? I saw it as a license

plate today and I have sort of a vague memory of hearing in the past but

a web search turns up only 3 entries, none of which really do it for me. I

thought it might be Hebrew in origin when I saw it, don't know why, but

then I thought of "seraphim" which are angels aren't they?

Thanks gang for any help you can give me.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

capt_buzzard

Velohim

Post by capt_buzzard »

valerie wrote: Can anyone out there give me a definition of this word? I saw it as a license

Thanks gang for any help you can give me. Try here www.newadvent.org/cathen/13725b.htm
Tombstone

Velohim

Post by Tombstone »

valerie wrote: Can anyone out there give me a definition of this word? I saw it as a license

A play on "elohim"? - Hebrew for divinities.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
valerie

Velohim

Post by valerie »

capt_buzzard wrote: Try here www.newadvent.org/cathen/13725b.htm

Hey, thanks, but I just get an "empty" window when I click on it... pardon

my ignorance when it comes to this kind of thing...
Tamsen's Dogster Page

A Karenina

Velohim

Post by A Karenina »

The little I remember from Hebrew classes ~

El is god. Elohim is gods. It's almost generic in its use since Jews were given the actual name of god. Old habits die hard - that is why I never capitalize "god".

I've seen "v" used before in front of words, but I can't remember what it signifies.

Certain Hebrew words are slurred together when they preceed other words. I can't remember all the rules on this. Darn it!

The most famous example I can think of is L'Chaim.

Le is "to" or "to the" and is associated with whatever follows it.

Chaim is life or living.

So, L'Chaim is "to life"...a toast, a cheer, etc.

Now let's all sing L'Chaim from Fiddler on the Roof. :)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
valerie

Velohim

Post by valerie »

Knew that about L'Chaim... used that one before heeee!!

"If I were a reech man..."

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

capt_buzzard

Velohim

Post by capt_buzzard »

valerie wrote: Hey, thanks, but I just get an "empty" window when I click on it... pardon

my ignorance when it comes to this kind of thing...
Then try www.newadvent.org and look it up in here.
valerie

Velohim

Post by valerie »

Thanks, Capt B that is a GREAT site... still don't know why the "V" but it

did help!

:)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

TerahEl

Velohim

Post by TerahEl »

Tombstone;19438 wrote: A play on "elohim"? - Hebrew for divinities.

The Letters R.T. ( Right Translation ) And K.J.V. ( King James Version ) Abbreviate Where The Quote Under The Titles Of Subject Spoke Of In The '' Things You Should Know '' Are To Be Found .

Genesis R.T. 2;18 , 10;10 , 14;19 -20

The name ANU means '' He Who Is Above '' and '' The Heavenly One '' . Other name for ANU are AN which mean '' Heavenly One '' . and ANA which mean '' I Am '' . ANU is the ruler of all the ANUNNAQI and ELOHEEM . He is what you would call '' The Great Deity , The Warrior , The Noble One , And The Decision Maker '' . ANU is The Most High , ELYOWN ELYOWN EL .

ANUNNAQI / ELOHEEM

Genesis R.T. 1;1-12 , 14 , 16 - 18 , 20 -22 , 24 -28 , 31 ; 2;2 ; 3;1, 5,6,9 ; 4;25 ; 5 ; 1 , 22; 6;2; 7;16 ; 8;1 ; 9 ;1 ; 20;3 ; 22;9 , 12 ; 27;28 ; 28;4 , 30;20 ; 35;4 , 5 ; 41 ; 39

The word '' ANUNNAQI '' means '' Those Who ANU Sent Down , From Heaven To Earth '' . They came from the skies to the planet earth which was originally called Tiamat meaning '' Maiden Of Life ''. And also referred to as Tamtu And Tiwawat , And Qi , Ki , Tiamat .. Is also called Terra , Orb , Arduwt Or Ard . When the greek got hold of the word Qi , They changed it to Ge Where the word Geo comes from . . The ANUNNAQI in The Bible are called ELOHEEM . They got their name ANUNNAQI When they were coming to Earth . The ANUNNAQI are a race of Supreme Beings .

The word ANUNNAQI is used within The Ancient Tablets such as The Enuma Elish , The Gilgamesh Epics , Etc . The word ELOHEEM means ''' These Beings '' Or '' A Group Of ELOHS '' . ELOHEEMS Are angels of El or messengers of EL ELOH Who is ANU . They are physical Angelic Beings , Not Spooks Or Spirits Or Ghost . They are a host of beings that do the work of EL While on The Planet Earth under an appointed being . Then they are called El Who is under AL or El

The word '' ELOHEEM '' Is found throughout '' The Scroll Of Genesis and is Falsely translated as '' God '' The name ELOHEEM Is used for Both Agreeable And Disagreeable Beings And Even Humans As In Exodus 7 ; 1 , When YAHUWA Told MOSES That He Will Make Him An ELOHEEM For The PHARAOH . The ANUNNAQI , ELOHEEM .. Came to the planet earth to mine for natural resources for the protection of their planet RIZQ , Which Is The 8th Planet In The 19th Galaxy Illyuwn , Which has Three Suns ; UTU , SHAMASH .

And APSU . The ANUNNAQI Can be both '' TOBE or TAYYIB Meaning '' Agreeable or Benevolent Beings '' And RAH Or SHARIYR Meaning '' Disagrreable , or Malevolent Being , '' The Bible Also Calls Them NEPHILIM , Meaning '' Those Who Fell Down '' From the root word NAFALA Meanig '' Superagatory , Gift , Present , Performance , Beings Above , Or A Gift Over And Above What Is Asked ''

:driving:
spot

Velohim

Post by spot »

valerie;19429 wrote: Can anyone out there give me a definition of this word? I saw it as a license

Gosh, I never saw this thread before.Like the definite article, the word “and” in Hebrew functions as a prefix to Hebrew words. To make a Hebrew word (of either gender) part of a connecting sequence, you add a Vav before the noun. Sometimes the vowel under the Vav changes, depending on the consonant that appears at the beginning of the word. This function of the Vav is often referred to as the “Conjunctive Vav.”

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Gramma ... e_vav.html

so vElohim is "and God" or "and the gods", depending on where you find it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Daniyal

Velohim

Post by Daniyal »

valerie;19429 wrote: Can anyone out there give me a definition of this word? I saw it as a license

Serapheem are those Eloheem that were created from the reflection of the heavenly father they are of the pure green essence of light called '' Nuwr '' or light . Serapheems means '' Those who are of fire '' They are the agreeable Eloheem .
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
spot

Velohim

Post by spot »

Daniyal;908602 wrote: Serapheem are those Eloheem that were created from the reflection of the heavenly father they are of the pure green essence of light called '' Nuwr '' or light . Serapheems means '' Those who are of fire '' They are the agreeable Eloheem .

http://renseradioforum.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/961

Everytime You Post A Website , And Not Use Your Own Words , My Point Will Be Made

Almost 80% Of Your Post Come From Some Website , Could It Be That Your The One Who Hasn't A Thought Of Your Own .
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Judaism”