I am in so much pain.

K.Snyder

I am in so much pain.

Post by K.Snyder »

tmbsgrl wrote: As many of you know I have bad teeth. No matter what i do to prevent them from hurting they always do. I need the dentist but we have no insurence. It sucks so bad... I have always brushed my teeth and took real good care of them. No matter what I am always in pain. Either headache, ear ache, tooth ache.. I don't know what to do anymore!(

You could yank them suckers out.....:D

What the world dont know wont hurt them.....;)

Im sure you will be just as beautiful as you are now.:)
K.Snyder

I am in so much pain.

Post by K.Snyder »

tmbsgrl wrote: I am trying to save money to get them ones they screw in your mouth.. It is 6000.00 for it... I'll get em one day... :cool:

WOW!

I dont know whats worse, teeth you screw in your mouth or the $6,000 to stop the pain.
chonsigirl

I am in so much pain.

Post by chonsigirl »

Use the oragel on them for awhile, see if that helps some for the evening, when its time for bed. It works for adults too..................
lady cop

I am in so much pain.

Post by lady cop »

sorry you are hurting susie Q. :-4
Peg

I am in so much pain.

Post by Peg »

I know what you are going through. Save the money and instead of the screw in kind, get them pulled, and get dentures. It won't take as long to save for and it will be a decision you will never regret.
SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

What is the source of your pain? Is it decay or is it in the nerves at the root of the teeth?
SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

I think that you need to do something now and not wait any longer. Pain could be indicating infection which could poison your whole system. If the pain is in the roots or gum line, you could be risking major gum disease.

Pain is a warning.

I don't mean to be an alarmist, but somehow you need to get a diagnosis so that you can properly access a course of action to take.

Getting teeth implants is not for everyone. They just don't pop them in and you are good to go. There is a lot of prep work that goes before this. There are a lot of dental appointments and you have to have a healthy mouth to start with before they begin.

Do make an appointment for yourself. Your pain problem should get you one immediately.
SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

Yes, I understand that. But have you gotten a plan from anyone on the work that needs to be done?
SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

Do you live near a college that has a dental school?

If you do, call and inquire about having work done by them. Yes you will have a student working on your mouth, but their work, tho lacking in experience, should be very carefully done -- and with the latest equipment. The dental instructors will be supervising all work too.
SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

Also, you could speak with your pastor or priest, confidentially, and see if he can help you. They have discretionary funds that are used soley to help those in need. Your problem, I think, would fit this.
minks

I am in so much pain.

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: As many of you know I have bad teeth. No matter what i do to prevent them from hurting they always do. I need the dentist but we have no insurence. It sucks so bad... I have always brushed my teeth and took real good care of them. No matter what I am always in pain. Either headache, ear ache, tooth ache.. I don't know what to do anymore!:-5 :(

sweetie perhaps a trip to visit the dentist for a fast fix. You may have an infection, with infection comes pain. If the infection goes unchecked it can lead to larger pain as in an absese. Then you are forced to get that looked after. Hunny infection that close to your brain is very serious. There are accounts of folks dying when the infection travelled into their brain. I would beg the dentist to look for infection and put you on some penicillin for now. That will releive the pain. Tell him you can't afford dental work but perhaps s;ome kind of payment plan can be worked out. Don't let it go too long tooth pain really really bites. Do you have a cold? Allergies? Is it your top teeth? If yes to cold or allergies get allergy med as it is likely your sinus's causing you trouble and because your sinus's rest almost on top of your teeth it feels like deadly tooth pain. If all else fails, try Advil, Tylenol or Motrin for pain relief.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

I am in so much pain.

Post by minks »

Oh sorry I seemed to have quoted just about what Sojo already did I failed to read the entire thing before I posted.

― Mae West
valerie

I am in so much pain.

Post by valerie »

Also, infection from your teeth can travel through your bloodstream and

damage heart valves, it's really important sweetie to get it fixed!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

Tombsgrl: You see how many posts there are here all saying the same thing. I do hope you heed us and don't delay in getting some relief from your misery.
theia

I am in so much pain.

Post by theia »

Thinking of you, tmbsgrl. You're young enough to get these problems sorted. I appreciate that the cost is a problem but just take the first few steps to begin with. And remember, some of it is to do with the way you view yourself and your teeth. Try to talk positively to your mouth, be encouraging and loving towards it.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
nvalleyvee

I am in so much pain.

Post by nvalleyvee »

Hey tmbsgrl.....I really sympathize with your problem as I need about the same amount of dental work. I was at that sadists office today trying to save a tooth. It's antibiotics and pain pills for me and we'll know in about 3 weeks if it has to be pulled.

Do you get a lot of headaches too? How about stiff neck muscles? Your teeth can cause a whole lot of other problems...........and please do heed everyone's warning about infection spreading to other areas. I have one other suggestion.....try to find a dentist who does jaw/teeth alignment and tmj stuff........sometimes they can prevent teeth going bad by taking pressure off of them.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
minks

I am in so much pain.

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: I haven't had any pain at all today.. *knocking on wood*:D

Horray

― Mae West
nvalleyvee

I am in so much pain.

Post by nvalleyvee »

tmbsgrl wrote: I haven't had any pain at all today.. *knocking on wood*:D

Very glad to hear it and I knocked on wood for you.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

Glad to hear you are better today. This doesn't mean you can ignore your problem tho. Mama SoJo is going to be nagging you now.
SOJOURNER

I am in so much pain.

Post by SOJOURNER »

tmbsgrl wrote: I am calling around today.. Thanks.. :D
Good to hear. You deserve a pain free life.
CARLA

I am in so much pain.

Post by CARLA »

Well haveing just went through my face swelling up because of an abcessed tooth that the roots were dying in I would say move as fast as you can to save your teeth. Maybe try and find a dentist that will allow you to make payments.

It is alway better to have your own teeth than implants or false teeth any good dentist will tell you that. If you need root canals on several teeth its just a matter of time till they go bad and die one root at a time which causes the pain.. you don't want infection in your mouth ever it can go straight to your heart very dangerous.

I would suggest taking some antibiotics if you have any or getting a perscription for amoxicillin and try that .. its the inflamation and the infections that causes the pain from the dying root.

I just had a root canal it was nothing compared to the pain I was in...;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

naty2005

I am in so much pain.

Post by naty2005 »

tmbsgrl wrote: As many of you know I have bad teeth. No matter what i do to prevent them from hurting they always do. I need the dentist but we have no insurence. It sucks so bad... I have always brushed my teeth and took real good care of them. No matter what I am always in pain. Either headache, ear ache, tooth ache.. I don't know what to do anymore!:-5 :(
Can't you go to the emergency room? Some hospitals cant deny you even if you can't pay. Or if they have a financial counselor.
Nomad

I am in so much pain.

Post by Nomad »

Go to a dentist, find out what work you need done, then talk to him about making payments, see if you can set up a plan. Start with one tooth if you have to. If you pay on time he might be more apt to trust you and get all the work done. Its your health.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”