What's the weirdest dream you've had?

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Post by koan »

I used to have recurring dreams about an ominous man who was always pusuing me in an unhurried and omnipotent kind of way. He claimed to love me and insisted that I loved him even though I hated him more and more every time he appeared. He invaded my sleep on and off for about ten years.

To make matters stranger, I met a real man who knew that I had these dreams without any way of him knowing. He showed me an odd birthmark on his hip that was EXACTLY like the birthmark on my hip. He told me the man was from our past. The dreams stopped, for now, after I was told who he was.

What weird dreams have you had?
vampress.rozz

Post by vampress.rozz »

Hi koan. As a kid I had a reaccuring dream. I dreamt that I was living in a village with sort of huts with thatched roofs and a water well in the middle. All of a sudden everyone in the village would run for their lives. I never knew what we were running from. One lady always dropped her baby and though she was screaming she kept running. I picked it up and ran. As we got further away panic would set in and I would start shouting that my sister was back there and someone had to get her out. I dont really have a sister. One night it got so bad that my mum heard me screaming and came to see me standing on the landing. She had a whole conversation with me while I was asleep I begged her to help my sister. I woke up sitting on the side of the bath with mum beside me in tears, not knowing what to make of it. Although it wasnt usually this intense an experience I had this dream hundreds of times. Im aware of the fact that im in a dream and whats going to happen. As an adult I have this dream very rarely now but it still feels very real when it occurs.
Blessed be.
koan

Post by koan »

Do you think it was a past life? That's what I believe mine to have been.

Come to think of it, you should try past life regression therapy if you are really getting into alternative studies.
vampress.rozz

Post by vampress.rozz »

I dont know about a past life. Im not really sure where I`d have to go for a regression but I might look into it after christmas when I can afford it.
Blessed be.
koan

Post by koan »

I had a dream once that my child died. There was an earthquake and we got separated. In the dream, I was wandering around in shock carrying her shoes with this intense idea that I had to get her shoes to her so that she could travel into the next world. I had failed her in this world and I was intent on making sure I didn't fail her in the next. I woke up sobbing and, not to offend anyone who has really lost a child, knowing what it feels like in those moments after.

After I finished crying, I sat there immobilized and wondered how anyone could return to a normal life after such a thing. I was never so thankful in my life that I got to wake up and know it was just a dream.

A friend of mine told me it was actually a good omen and that it signified a change for the better in her growth. Since I was getting divorced at the time I took comfort in that interpretation and let the disturbance slowly pass from me. But it will never be forgotten.

My sympathy for anyone who has had to endure this.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I have a recurrent dream that I am dreaming about dreaming.
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

How about the dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Why am I the only one who has that dream?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
koan

Post by koan »

pixiechic2000 wrote: For years I have had dreams that my teeth were loose and about to fall out? I heard about books that can interrupt your dreams.

Does anyone know what this might mean?

I also used to have dreams that I was flying above the phone cables and wires, up into the tree tops. Flapping my wings, as hard as I could, to keep myself from falling. What might this mean?

Seems awful strange to me. :confused:

Teeth represent decisions. It is a common dream to have teeth loose and falling and usually represents a time of difficult choices or doubting the choices you have made. There are books to teach you how to lucid dream (actively participate) I'm not really sure what you mean by interrupt.

Can't remember offhand what flying dreams mean outside of trying to free yourself spiritually from things happening in daily life that may feel like they are dragging you down. Revisiting the "prebirth" phase.

I have a recurrent dream that I am dreaming about dreaming.

Yeah, Lon. It's called the waking state, or real life.

How about the dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Well, I've heard this one before so you're not the only one. :wah:
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

Hehehe...mine is a reference to one of the great 80s movies. I'm waiting to see if anyone gets it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
koan

Post by koan »

Erinna1112 wrote: Hehehe...mine is a reference to one of the great 80s movies. I'm waiting to see if anyone gets it.

I recognize it but can't place it. Brazil, perhaps? The pickle part keeps reminding me of Arlo Guthrie's Motorcycle (motor"sickle") Song and it's throwing me off.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Erinna1112 wrote: Hehehe...mine is a reference to one of the great 80s movies. I'm waiting to see if anyone gets it.
I know this...I KNOW I know this... :yh_think
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

The Blues Brothers????
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Post by koan »

Next guess on the pickle movie: After Hours?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

pixiechic2000 wrote: I also used to have dreams that I was flying above the phone cables and wires, up into the tree tops. Flapping my wings, as hard as I could, to keep myself from falling. What might this mean?

Seems awful strange to me. :confused:

Doesn't this mean that you are in the throes of just learning astral projection?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

pixiechic2000 wrote: Hee he hee... :wah: Maybe this means I was a bird in my prior life... :yh_chickn :confused: :yh_giggle

Your guess is as good as mine. It's your dream.
Cass

Post by Cass »

I had a dream that my husband was wearing a feathered chicken suit... and that his legs looked really good in the orange tights.

The next day I remembered and started laughing at the office.

Thats about it for me.
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

When I was about 8-9 yrs. old, i had a recurring dream of being pursued by gangsters, down some stairs, into a basement where i was trapped. I had a machine gun, but when i pulled the trigger, the bullets fell from the end of the barrell, and bounced harmlessly on the floor. I would wake up sweating, and terrified. This was before TV, and my religous nut mom would'nt allow movies, or comic books. :-3 :thinking:
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

Cass wrote: I had a dream that my husband was wearing a feathered chicken suit... and that his legs looked really good in the orange tights.

The next day I remembered and started laughing at the office.

Thats about it for me.
Think thats called an emasculation by proxy :D
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
minks

Post by minks »

I have a lot of fragmented dreams but remember 2 that come quite often

I am walking but can't get anywhere. And it is a huge struggle, my legs are moving but I just am desperately going no where.

The other is being places and haveing very very limited vision, not seeing everything like looking through a pin hole from the inside of a black box. Have had both of these over the last decade.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
koan

Post by koan »

Ten years of being inert with tunnel vision? That's gotta suck. LOL

It's probably not that funny to you, though. oops
minks

Post by minks »

koan wrote: Ten years of being inert with tunnel vision? That's gotta suck. LOL

It's probably not that funny to you, though. oops

Yep sounds crazy hope it isn't any indication of things to come. Old feeble and near blind, dang sounds like just aging to me.... grrrrrr
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
vampress.rozz

Post by vampress.rozz »

o.k I have just had an odd dream...I was a child again getting into my dads car ( but it was the car he has now a blue land rover not the one he had when I was a child. I even said thats odd to myself in the dream) . We went to a scrapyard. Aswe entered there was a white sign that said you needed a signed ticket before using these premises. We found lots of things for dad which he magically seemed to add to his car without doing any mechanics. It looked great. When he was finished he started to look for his ticket. He got into a panic because he couldnt find it and all of the pieces were already attatched to the car. I'm in a panic looking through all of the cards in his wallet and jacket. He phones nan to see if he's left it there He seems happier but he never actually says its there. The relief is so apparant that I assume it must be. All of a sudden I'm not in the scrapyard anymore but on some stairs. There are 2 butterflies ahead of me. I watch them to check that they are butterflies and not moths (I'm afraid of moths because they flap too fast) I pass the first one. But when I pass the second one it flies in between my shirt collar and my back. I'm in a panic trying to get it out. It's flapping faster. Was I wrong? Was it a moth? I'm panicing with the thought twisting and waving my arms around trying to get it out. I woke up breathless. As I sat up in bed something seemed to be telling me that the dream was important It should be remembered and I should work out the meaning of it. I came downstairs and wrote it down straightaway so that I didnt forget it. If anyone could help with the meaning of this dream it would be appreciated.Its odd I have all sorts of dreams, they dont seem to bother me normally. Im usually aware that Im in a dream but this one left me feeling panicked.
Blessed be.
koan

Post by koan »

Hi, Vampress.

Sorry to hear you were awoken so unpleasantly.

Cars signify the direction of your life and control over that direction. That it was your fathers car and it was being worked on/improved makes me think that there is concern over expectations you may feel were held in you that you may be unsure of your ability to fulfill. (worrying about finding the card)

It is good that everyone relaxed and seem to realize that the situation was going to be okay.

As far as the second half goes.

credit dreammoods.com

Butterfly

To see a butterfly in your dream, denotes your need to settle down. Butterflies also signifies creativity, romance, joy and spirituality. You may be undergoing a transformation into a new way of thinking.

Moth

To see a moth in your dream, indicates that unseen irritations and damage will not surface until it is too late. It is important to pay attention to minor details and not overlook things or others. Alternatively, the moth may symbolize your weaknesses and character flaws

That you saw butterflies that you were afraid were moths indicated that the attempts to fulfill the butterfly cause is tempered by the moth fear. Do you have a tendancy to overanalyse the good things coming into your life worried that they may have hidden problems?

Hope that helps.
vampress.rozz

Post by vampress.rozz »

Thank you very much Koan. Your analysis has left me a bit goose bumpy though it's like you can see the inner me. The not fulfilling expectations part (its never been said by any of my family ) but its how I have felt.

The new way of thinking.Certainly thats true in the last year I have let myself be me.(if that makes sense to anyone)

I still feel a bit panicked now thinking about that dream hopefully it will pass.

I dont know what it was but when I woke up I felt like someone was beside me (apart from my sleeping husband lol) telling me I needed to know what it meant. It wasnt a voice more of a feeling of someone . Thank you once again.
Blessed be.
koan

Post by koan »

Always a pleasure to be helpful. I hope you sleep better now. The worry part seemed to be unnecessary.

Wow. I'm tired that word just doesn't look right no matter how I spell it.
vampress.rozz

Post by vampress.rozz »

HI it must be a funny time in my life or something because Ive had another odd dream. Like the last one it was very vivid. I was running around a school with someone else (someone i dont know in real life) The other person was very happy about the lesson we are due to have. They make me feel like I should be happy about it. Im getting agitated because this person is all happy and excited about the lesson and yet we are in a huge school and have no idea where we are supposed to go. We keep checking every room but to no avail by the end of the dream. The other person assures me we will find it. Not an awful dream and it didnt leave me feeling panicked like the last one but odd all the same.
Blessed be.
Aura

Post by Aura »

I have had a dream about a past life and I know what is is. I also had a strange dream about naked men dancing on a stage (perhaps I'm thinking about Adonis too much on that one, har har!) :wah:

Any way the dream about my past life is a little more seriouse and needs to be examined, any advice on regression please?

:confused:
Beth

Post by Beth »

I have all sorts of strange dreams. Some that I would swear come true, if logic did not halt me.

The strangest dream I ever had is something I cannot mention because it comes from something very actual and personal in my life.

I often have recurring dreams of me flying, though, dreams of flying into the rooms of family and watching them sleep then sailing off into London and other exotic places. I also have a recurring dream of being a child and I am in a supermarket hunting for my mom. I see her walk out of the store and I beat on the glass, not being able to exit the store. I'm always scared and feel lonely, and abondoned. I always wake before she returns to get me. I find that I literally cry real tears in my sleep when I have this dream and always wake hunched in a fetal position and hair wet from tears.
Aura

Post by Aura »

I had a dream that I was sitting opposite a very thin man who was in his middle fifties or early sixties. He had silver rimmed glasses and a black wide brimmed hat which matched his suite; he had a silver beard and was sitting crouched on a hard concrete floor. Around us were other people one of which I remember was a dark haired lady who had a very unhealthy appearance, she wore a tattery brown shawl over her head and as I walked past her she looked up and gave me a very nasty look. Now I remember that the sky was lead grey and there was a wire fence surrounding the area; and it was quite scary. I have since had this dream explained to me, and there lay many unanswered questions. Has anyone got any advice please? Thank you.

:-3

Return to “Magic Mystery”