Solutions

Fine as golden braids

Yet unreachable as spars

Of ships sailing far away

Conceptions

Out on vainful raids

To wipe clean the ugly scars

Etched on life by man today
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
polycarp

Scars Of Life

Post by polycarp »

I'm glad you like it Susie, thanks and have a nice day.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
koan

Scars Of Life

Post by koan »

You have very mature phrasing. I was affected by this poem beyond the normal intellectual level. Thank you.
polycarp

Scars Of Life

Post by polycarp »

Thanks Coan, I'm really flattered but can't stop wishing if I was as good a poet as you are.
koan

Scars Of Life

Post by koan »

Now I'm flattered.

Poetry is personal. You feel the need to express a concept or feeling that moves you. Sometimes you don't even know what it is when you start writing. You write a poem because the idea evades words and poetry talks around the concept until it reaches it. If, when you are done, you captured the feeling or the concept then you are a great poet.
polycarp

Scars Of Life

Post by polycarp »

Hello Coan, I can agree with you no less. This remindss me of the words of Percy Bysshe Shelly who wrote "Poetry turns all things to loveliness......It marries exaltation and honour, grief and pleasure, eternity and change; it subdues to union, under its light yoke, all irreconcilable things."

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”