bad auto accidents

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

have you had one? tell us about it, get it off your chest. i have destroyed 3 cruisers, but who cares? that was work-related. but i had an antique jaguar XJ-6. i LOVED that car. one night, in the rain, three deer ran in front of me. i rolled that car 3 times and landed on the roof. i still don't know how i got out. i was upside-down and disoriented and could not find my phone. i walked home somehow. next day i saw it and was shocked....that thing had a steel frame and was crumpled like a beer can. my friends saw it and asked why i was alive. i am still upset over that car. :-1
lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

here it is, a work of the sculptors art. ....click for pic. :-1

Attached files
lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

killed three of these babies...sheriff says he's buying me a golf cart! :wah:

Attached files
BabyRider

bad auto accidents

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: killed three of these babies...sheriff says he's buying me a golf cart! :wah:
I want to know what police force gets to use the new Dodge Charger for patrol cars!!

LC, I've never had a real bad car accident, (knock wood) but you know what's gonna happen now, right? :lips: :-2
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

yep, you better walk. we have crown vics, and state troopers have camaros....i hate them. you have to put the prisoner in front seat with you. screw that. they can spit on you. :(
BabyRider

bad auto accidents

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: yep, you better walk. we have crown vics, and state troopers have camaros....i hate them. you have to put the prisoner in front seat with you. screw that. they can spit on you. :(
'Scuse me???!?! Prisoners in the front seat??? Isn't that like, HIGHLY dangerous? That seems rather risky, if you ask me....

Ok, it's not an actual accident, but it's an almost accident. True story here:

I'm driving eastbound I-696 to see a friend for lunch. It's winter, but the roads are clear. It's lunch hour and all around me are cars. I remember that registering in my brain a couple seconds before what happened, happened. I'm cruising the fast lane, about 65 mph when I hit some ice. My car comes off the ground entirely, and when it touches down again, I lose control, and start spinning. I remember thinking clearly: "DON'T touch the brakes or try to wrestle control over the car!!!" and I basically hang on for dear life and squeeze my eyes shut. I feel the first revolution of the car, then the second, and I'm thinking to myself, "When am I going to get creamed? There were cars everywhere, when am I going to smash into one?"

Halfway through the third revolution I open my eyes to see the grill of a huge truck staring into my windshield. I squeeze my eyes shut again and brace myself for the crash.

A second later, all is still and quiet. I crack my eyes open to find myself sitting on the shoulder of the highway, facing the right direction, under a bridge. I had spun 3 times across 4 lanes of traffic, during lunch rush hour and not touched a car. Anyone care to take a guess how that happened? 'Cuz I still can't explain it, and it happened about 9 years ago.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

you have an angel on your shoulder honey. so do i . thankfully. :yh_angel :yh_angel :yh_angel ...yeah, i talked to a trooper (AAA of the highway we call them):D one night about the camaros. they put prisoner in front shotgun seat, cuffed to the door. i don't like it at all. many times they will call us to get a real car to transport some idiot. they need the camaro for speed, but useless otherwise.
Wolverine

bad auto accidents

Post by Wolverine »

lady cop wrote: killed three of these babies...sheriff says he's buying me a golf cart! :wah:
my uncle's dept is getting three Chargers next year. from the sound of it, quite a few Iowa Sheriffs are changing to Dodge

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

Wolverine wrote: my uncle's dept is getting three Chargers next year. from the sound of it, quite a few Iowa Sheriffs are changing to Dodgejust how fast is that corn anyway? :wah:
Wolverine

bad auto accidents

Post by Wolverine »

lady cop wrote: just how fast is that corn anyway? :wah:
Ooooo... she is SOOO funny. at least you know we have Corn and not Potatos. you wouldn't believe how many people get Iowa confused with I-da-hoe

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

well we have Hos...why are we still awake??
Wolverine

bad auto accidents

Post by Wolverine »

lady cop wrote: well we have Hos...why are we still awake??
beats the Shiite out of me. why are you still awake?

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

Wolverine wrote: beats the Shiite out of me. why are you still awake?cause i've been on england time for so long. going to sleep now. nighty night little cop. :p
BabyRider

bad auto accidents

Post by BabyRider »

I don't know about you 2, but I'm still awake because I just got off work a little bit ago and I'm still unwinding. We had a weird night tonight, the rude a$$holes were really coming out of the woodwork. I'll never understand how people think that just because they have money they are entitled to drink as much as they want. You know what? We had a girl tonight call the police, TWICE, because we wouldn't serve her any more.

LC, would you know anything about that? Like how often people are so stupid that they call the cops to report being cut off?

Sorry to totally derail your thread....
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

i don't care about the thread. but if some bozo called me out for being cut off, they'd be in the breathalyzer room right now, blowing and walking a straight line. :wah:
Wolverine

bad auto accidents

Post by Wolverine »

LC and i Hi-jacked this thread long ago.

My Lt. had a call from the choral director of my folks' church thursday night. she asked the dispatcher to send someone over to help open her beer. her arthritis was acting up and she could get the can open.

Marty went and convinced her to just go to bed.

BabyRider

bad auto accidents

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: i don't care about the thread. but if some bozo called me out for being cut off, they'd be in the breathalyzer room right now, blowing and walking a straight line. :wah:
I'm not even kidding. The dumb bitch called the cops and when we tried to get her out the door, (with her sober husband) she refused to leave, saying she was waiting for the cops to get there so she could file a complaint! How stupid ARE people???!?!?!!?!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

Wolverine wrote: LC and i Hi-jacked this thread long ago.

My Lt. had a call from the choral director of my folks' church thursday night. she asked the dispatcher to send someone over to help open her beer. her arthritis was acting up and she could get the can open.

Marty went and convinced her to just go to bed.only in iowa. ........and BR you know they get stupider. which is why i will never be out of a job. :wah:
BabyRider

bad auto accidents

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: only in iowa. ........and BR you know they get stupider. which is why i will never be out of a job. :wah:
Know what? I think MY job provides you with job security!! And I'm glad to help. :yh_bigsmi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Wolverine

bad auto accidents

Post by Wolverine »

BabyRider wrote: Know what? I think MY job provides you with job security!! And I'm glad to help. :yh_bigsmi
indeed it does.

My home town is thinking of extending the bar hours on Friday and saturday from 2am to 3am.

i think it's a state thing that the bars close at 2. haven't covered that in class yet.:thinking:

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

hey Wolvie, when you're on patrol be sure to sit outside bars at closing time. :D
Wolverine

bad auto accidents

Post by Wolverine »

lady cop wrote: hey Wolvie, when you're on patrol be sure to sit outside bars at closing time. :D
my town has three to choose from. "Fuzzy's" is the worst for drunks.

the creepy thing; i went to highschool with most of the town "ruffians" and Lushes.

should be interesting in the spring.

lady cop

bad auto accidents

Post by lady cop »

Wolverine wrote: my town has three to choose from. "Fuzzy's" is the worst for drunks.

the creepy thing; i went to highschool with most of the town "ruffians" and Lushes.

should be interesting in the spring.you're going to run into that. people you know. you can't cut any slack.
Wolverine

bad auto accidents

Post by Wolverine »

OK bad accident

I was 12 years old. got a ride with my best friend's mom to go to school.

sitting at the stop sign in their 1979 Chevette. Ilene didn't see any cars and pulled out on to Main street.

She pulled out and made a right. Coming from the West(left) a 1975 LTD wagon came thru town. we got "t-boned." Ilene was thrown to the passenger seat. Crystal and I were in the back. I got the little window in the back all in my face, neck, shoulder, and back.

I saw the LTD and turned toward Crystal. the doctors said that if i hadn't done that, the glass would have severed my jugular.

Ilene was in a coma for 2 days.

the impact threw me on Crystal and i hit her so hard that i broke her collar bone and dislocated her shoulder.

i had half a pound of glass removed and received a total of 147 stiches and 5 staples. my arm was broken and in a cast.

the driver of the LTD was running late and trying to apply make-up and drive.

she lost four front teeth and broke her nose.

Mom tells me that when she called Dad and told him to come to town that JR (me)

had been in an accident, he was reluctant to come. His hero growing up was JR and that's how i got my name. Dad thought it was him that was in the accident.

Mom says she was on the phone with Dad for nearly 15 minutes before she finally got Dad to understand that it was his son that was hurt.

I still like giving him crap about it.

Mom kept the stitches and staples in my baby book.

how any of us were able to get out of that car is beyond me. it was a mess. Take a pop can and smash it on the edge of a desk. that's what that litle Chevette looked like. i still have a number of scars on my back from it. and a really neat one just below and behind my ear.

Valerie100

bad auto accidents

Post by Valerie100 »

I've never had a bad auto accident, and I pray I never do.

Here's another one of my father's Highway Patrol stories, and it happened around this time of the year, Christmas.

There was a car on fire on the Highway. My dad couldn't get to the car quick enough to help the people inside of it. Traffic was heavy. He saw two women and three or four children in the back of it go up in flames. He said he could see the kids in the backseat.

He had flashbacks of it, and it always bothered him around this time of the year. He would get depressed and into his head.

I give the police a lot of credit for all that they have to deal with. It is not an easy career choice.
K.Snyder

bad auto accidents

Post by K.Snyder »

(wasnt driving)

I have been in a Monte Carlo on a rainy night as we had taken one of the final turns to reach our destination when the car ( driver speeding and reckless) spun out of control taking down a telophone poll and ending up upside down. The cars roof was level with the highth of the door so we were crunched under the car being on top of us. One of our freinds managed to crawl out of the back side window and ran to the nearest phone. After being trapped under the car for some period of time and the driver unconcious with a colapsed lung and a broken pelvis (telophone poll laying on the car upside down) the fire department busted out the window so that we could crawl out.

Everyone was ok, except for the drivers colapsed lung and broken pelvis, as well as the front passenger had three broken ribs.

If the wreck wasnt bad enough, I still dont know how we werent electricuted. Not to mention ending up only five feet away from a 3 feet deep creek. We would have drown for sure.

Return to “General Chit Chat”