pink plates?

lady cop

pink plates?

Post by lady cop »

:driving: what do you think about this proposal? should drunk drivers be "marked" with flamingo-pink tags?

Fla. Official Wants Pink DUI License Plates

POSTED: 5:50 am EST November 15, 2005

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- A Republican senator wants a law to require bright pink license plates on vehicles driven by people with restricted driving privileges due to convictions for driving under the influence.

Sen. Mike Fasano, of New Port Richey, filed a bill earlier this month that requires the first three characters on the plate to read "DUI."

"Maybe it will embarrass people and keep them from drinking and driving," Fasano said. "Maybe they'll think twice."

The bill also says police "may stop any vehicle that bears a DUI plate without probable cause to check the driver."

Ohio and Michigan have similar laws in place. Other states have debated the issue, but failed to pass it due to privacy reasons.

"Pink plates would hold out individuals for punishment as well as ridicule. We are very opposed to it," said Larry Spalding, legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union in Florida.

About 840,000 of Florida's 15 million licensed drivers have an active DUI sanction on their driving records, said Frank Penela, Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles spokesman. A small percentage of those have limited driving privileges, such as permission to drive only to and from work, Penela said.

"It could take two years to get the support, but I think it's worth the effort," Fasano said. "If I can't get a House sponsor, then maybe I can get it passed in the Senate and attached to a larger transportation bill."
SOJOURNER

pink plates?

Post by SOJOURNER »

Pink tags are good

or

Maybe a tag with pink dots for each infraction................ and maybe the dots could flash like a warning..............

This needs to be worked on!
Bez

pink plates?

Post by Bez »

A tattoo on the forehead would be better !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

pink plates?

Post by chonsigirl »

They shouldn't have pink plates, they shouldn't have a car at all!
Rapunzel

pink plates?

Post by Rapunzel »

lady cop wrote:

"Pink plates would hold out individuals for punishment as well as ridicule. We are very opposed to it," said Larry Spalding, legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union in Florida.

It also might make them think twice before they do something so selfish and bloody-minded! Stupid PC jerks always think of the perpetrator first, before they consider any potential victims!

I think pink plates are a FAB idea! I think they should be stapled to their head, hands and arses too! THEN maybe they'll think twice! :sneaky:

OK, rant over. :-2
DesignerGal

pink plates?

Post by DesignerGal »

What about printing "repeat DUI/DWI offender" on their licenses? Dont some states do that?

HBIC
minks

pink plates?

Post by minks »

DesignerGal wrote: What about printing "repeat DUI/DWI offender" on their licenses? Dont some states do that?

I think being tagged is a fabo idea but not with pink as that traditionally is a color for Breast Cancer bad association color in my opinion.

I think their plate, and drivers licence should have something indicating they have been convicted. Screw the privacy act that is getting out of hand too. Heck lets go back to the time of the scarlett letter, let everybody see you have committed a crime. There is not enough humility in todays society so people are failing to register the affects they have on society.. Consequences, hell how many folks out there have had a DUI and barely suffer the consequences of it? Yah scarey to think about it.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

pink plates?

Post by lady cop »

A A A A A A A A A :wah:
minks

pink plates?

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: A A A A A A A A A :wah:

well that'll work eh!

ahahahaha

― Mae West
minks

pink plates?

Post by minks »

minks wrote: well that'll work eh!

ahahahaha

canadian version

eh eh eh eh eh eh

― Mae West
Lil~Basco

pink plates?

Post by Lil~Basco »

I think DUI offenders should have huge, bold, blood red door and hood decals placed on their cars so they stand out.

Minks is right on target with offenders barely suffering the consequences for their actions.
lady cop

pink plates?

Post by lady cop »

the medication you mention is antabuse...but how do we enforce an order like that? and they'd all get doctor's notes anyway. there are some really egregious offenders, with citations and arrests up the ying -yang, but they don't get the prison time they deserve until they kill somebody. :mad: thanks to wussy judges.
Peg

pink plates?

Post by Peg »

The plates here in Ohio, if memory serves me right, are yellow with red numbers. I knew a guy that had one. Got his normal plates back after like 6 months and guess what. He STILL drinks and drives.:-5

Return to “Drugs, Alcohol Tobacco”