Do We dream more in Color or Black White

Discuss the metaphysical.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Purity wrote: It's asked alot if we dream more in color or black and white. So lets do a poll and see how many here dream more in color or more in black in white.

In color. Widescreen too!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I don't remember my dreams, Years ago, as a child, I trained myself to forget them on wakening, this at a time when I was having successive nightmares. Now as an adult I have not been able to break that. I must dream but I don't remember.

I must admit to being ambivalent about it in that i am not convinced i want to remember my dreams. Although I do get the point about them being a coping mechanism for what troubles the mind.

What snippets i remember are in colour.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Yes, I find that I just basically re-hash what has happened the previous day. Or, I thrash about in my head the things that are bothering me.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

I dream in color. I have really weird, disjointed dreams.

Last night's dream: I was standing (somewhere) and a cat I owned years ago came running up to me. She had her normal little head, but the body of a huge raccoon. I kept trying to tell her she should diet and exercise, but she'd just roll over and bat me with her paws so I'd continue petting her.

While I'm sure Freud could make something of that, it certainly makes no sense to me! Maybe this is why I don't watch much tv - it makes about as much sense as my own dreams. LOL
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
koan

Post by koan »

Definately in colour. (Sorry for spelling that Canadian like)

I have times when my dreams are so vivid that they seem more real than real life. It gets especially confusing when I also dream of work and day to day things during these times. It is kind of funny to hold false memories of things people said to me but then they were usually thinking these things and pass it off as more weird "Koan" moments.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

In technicolor and Dolby surround sound! I can breathe underwater in my dreams, too.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

I'm lucky if I rememer my dreams at all.

"I dream in black and white because I'm alive" Iron Maiden

"A dream is a dream what ever that seems" Deep Purple

I must dream in color because I did rember the foxes in a dream had hair like my wife's cat at first then the color morphed into red.

Use to go to sleep listening to Iron Maiden.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941A
listeranta

Post by listeranta »

gmc wrote: ... I trained myself to forget them on wakening, this at a time when I was having successive nightmares. Now as an adult I have not been able to break that. I must dream but I don't remember.

....Although I do get the point about them being a coping mechanism for what troubles the mind...

How do you do that? I wish I could forget mine. Better still not have any.

I dream in lurid colour. Usually very weird and/or gory and often successive or repeating.

The worst ones leave me with a bad feeling that hangs around hours after waking.

I used to write them down to try to work out what was troubling me. I don't do that now because, however detailed, I could never figure them out beyond the fact that they do seem, as you say, to be some sort of 'coping mechanism' or the subconcious mind 'illustrating' the person's troubles.

I guess the cure is to deal with the problems.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

My dreams are only in colour and will soon be available on DVD.

This will include previously unreleased scenes from my recurring nightmare where a rabbit is trying to claim my prize in a raffle.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Color. I don't know if I can remember them being anything but color.........

Also, of late, different dreams will occur happening in places I've been in previous dreams -- places that I don't know in my waking life. :-3 That happen to anyone else? :confused:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Or dreams that happen over and over again...................
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

koan wrote: Definately in colour. (Sorry for spelling that Canadian like)

No need to apologise.

Many of our words are spelled in the British manner (colour, honour, apologise, realise) due to our Commonwealth heritage .

After all, the language is called English.

OTOH, it's "definitely", regardless of nationality. (Please don't take offence. I know it's a commonly misspelled word on message boards).

The majority of my dreams are B&W. I initially assume that they are in colour, but when I think about them , I realise that more than half of the dreams I remember are B&W.

I will often remember fragments of dreams from years ago. The memory pops into my head, then just as quickly disappears.

R.B.
orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

I think mine must be in color as I would have noticed if every thing was black and white, wouldn't I :confused: I'll pay more attention in future.:D

Return to “Magic Mystery”