Diaries prove Pope was hostile...

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The long-running controversy over the attitude of Pope Pius X11 to the Nazi Holocaust has taken a new turn with the publication of diaries that prove that after the Nazis' defeat he opposed the return of Jewish children to their parents.

The diaries were kept by Angello Roncalli, the future Pope John XX111, from 1945 to 1948 when Roncalli was papal nuncio (ambassador) to Paris. They document the efforts by Roncalli to re-unite Jewish Families torn apart by the war and whose children had been taken under the wing of the Roman Catholic Church.

Roncalli's role in helping Jews escape from Nazi persecution has long been acknowledged. But the diaries show Pius X11 was hostile to the efforts.
catwoman_51

Post by catwoman_51 »

I believe that no one, Pope or otherwise, is going to

prosper as long as they work against the Jews/Israel.

These are God's Chosen Ones. In the end, they will stand.
:yh_coffee [QUOTE] You have all the love in the world, what are you gonna do with it?
Raven

Post by Raven »

The pope is not the only one that was hostile to the jews. The whole world is just as responsible for the holocaust as germany was. They KNEW, yet they did nothing. But it took something as catastrophic as that, to give birth to Israel. And my o my, look at how that child is growing!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Raven wrote: The pope is not the only one that was hostile to the jews. The whole world is just as responsible for the holocaust as germany was. They KNEW, yet they did nothing. But it took something as catastrophic as that, to give birth to Israel. And my o my, look at how that child is growing!yeah

Return to “History”