American Chopper

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
babygirl

American Chopper

Post by babygirl »

Hey all you bike lovers out there,has anyone ever seen American Chopper the series? If so what do you think of it? I love the series and i am totally dedicated to it,would love to meet them one day. :D
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

valerie

American Chopper

Post by valerie »

I'm so glad I found this show!! It is the BEST. I think those guys truly

love each other even with all the yelling. And of course, the bikes are

gorgeous... I think the "Black Widow" one was probably my fave.

Paul Sr. is quite a guy and Jr. is so artistic it's amazing!

:yh_dance
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

BabyRider

American Chopper

Post by BabyRider »

Awesome show!!! Did you guys see the bike they built for the POW's? Now THAT was an incredible bike. They built one for Lincoln Mercury to display at the Auto show that just came through Detroit and I touched it. I got yelled at, but I touched it. Gorgeous bike.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

capt_buzzard

American Chopper

Post by capt_buzzard »

Chopper:D That means something else here in Britain & Ireland.
BabyRider

American Chopper

Post by BabyRider »

capt_buzzard wrote: Chopper:D That means something else here in Britain & Ireland.
What's that Captain?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

capt_buzzard

American Chopper

Post by capt_buzzard »

Part of the Male anatomy:D
BabyRider

American Chopper

Post by BabyRider »

Oh...um....:yh_blush welllll....SO!....How 'bout those bikes???
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

capt_buzzard

American Chopper

Post by capt_buzzard »

Bikes?:thinking:
BabyRider

American Chopper

Post by BabyRider »

capt_buzzard wrote: Bikes?:thinking:
A feeble and embarrassed attempt to re-direct the thread back to motorcycles...:yh_blush
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

capt_buzzard

American Chopper

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ah EasyRider
Paula

American Chopper

Post by Paula »

Tired of Chopper, my husband has had it on all day today.....had enough.
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
BabyRider

American Chopper

Post by BabyRider »

firefly wrote: :yh_glasse Hey duuuuude, ....lol....duh, leese yur goddu touch de merc.,....lol.

Did you get to see the POW while you were there or just on TV like the rest of us?

I just love that bike and the fire bike (wow) that thing has so much stuff on it.

Paulie sure does some some awesome tricks when Sr. leaves him alone huh *

JC~:yh_rotfl

I only saw the show when they built the POW bike. But wow, what a tribute. I wonder why that's such a big biker "thing"? All the brothers in the fiances M.C. have the patch, even the ones who didn't go. (Those say "I wasn't there, but I still care.")

And the fire bike was another one that blew me away!!! Of course it's hard not to be awed by everything they build. Did you see the marathon they had on a couple weeks ago? Actually, it was Christmas Day, I think...20 episodes in a row. Very cool.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

along-for-the-ride

American Chopper

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My hubby loves that show! We like Mikey, but "the boss from Hell" is something else!
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
abbey

American Chopper

Post by abbey »

I love this show, especially the way the dad & son argue all the time, its so obviously set up but they still make me laugh.

Its like one big advert for Snap-On tools :wah:
Bothwell

American Chopper

Post by Bothwell »

Love it although I am not into bikes which is a little weird.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
babygirl

American Chopper

Post by babygirl »

Watched a really good American Chopper on sky it had Will smith in it they made a bike for the i robot premiere was good. :D
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

abbey

American Chopper

Post by abbey »

Angel chocobo wrote: Watched a really good American Chopper on sky it had Will smith in it they made a bike for the i robot premiere was good. :D
Good was'nt it?
hotsauce

American Chopper

Post by hotsauce »

I love this show too! My hubs REALLY loves it. The black widow was my favorite!
Jives

American Chopper

Post by Jives »

I have to admit I am seriously impressed with the technical artistry of the metalworking. I also think the banter between the Dad and his sons is pretty funny, although it's sometimes borderline abusive. But, yeah, I like the show. :-2
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Wolverine

American Chopper

Post by Wolverine »

i used to think that O.C.C. created some amazing bikes. and true their ideas are pretty cool, but how they make the bikes just isn't as impressive as what Indian Larry and Jesse James do. OCC farms out almost everything. They start with stock frames from Harley Davidson. And damn near everything is Pre-Fabricated. They just modify the parts. You sant to see some cool bikes, watch GreatBikerBuildOff of Discovery. Arlen Ness is to Custom bikes as michealanglo is to the Sisteen Chapel.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

babygirl

American Chopper

Post by babygirl »

abbey wrote: Good was'nt it?

cool you watched it too it was great... :-4

abbey

American Chopper

Post by abbey »

Angel chocobo wrote: cool you watched it too it was great... :-4I dont know why but i love it!

Watching those Teuttle guys building those choppers is great, the banter between them can be so funny & the end results amazing x.
David813

American Chopper

Post by David813 »

Hmmm. I have nothing against bikes or non-redneck bikers but didn't the Discovery Channel used to be a SCIENCE channel?? I miss the loss of intelligent TV.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
KritterLover

American Chopper

Post by KritterLover »

Yes, Awesome show! POW and Black Widow Choppers were my favorites! A guy in our town just bought an OCC Chopper. Dropped $65 grand for that baby. What a sweet ride!
It's hard to keep a straight face....

around here!
OLIN

American Chopper

Post by OLIN »

Wolverine wrote: i used to think that O.C.C. created some amazing bikes. and true their ideas are pretty cool, but how they make the bikes just isn't as impressive as what Indian Larry and Jesse James do. OCC farms out almost everything.

And they chrome plate everything.

Does stainless steel not exist in the U.S.?
Bez

American Chopper

Post by Bez »

OLIN wrote: And they chrome plate everything.

They certainly do use stainless...If you watch 'Biker Buld Off', Russel Mitchell of Exile cycles built a bike completely out of stainless. it ws awesome
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OLIN

American Chopper

Post by OLIN »

I only managed to catch a few of the Biker Buildoffs when they were on - what with it clashing with Woman's crappy soaps - the ones I saw were pretty good though.
nvalleyvee

American Chopper

Post by nvalleyvee »

We are American Chopper watchers. They are so skilled and you know Paul Sr. just does that to Jr to mess with him.... Mickey on the other hand :lips:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
BabyRider

American Chopper

Post by BabyRider »

OLIN wrote: And they chrome plate everything.

Chrome, chrome and more chrome....we love shiny stuff on our bikes! I spend hours polishing the chrome on my bike. What's wrong with chrome??
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bez

American Chopper

Post by Bez »

BabyRider wrote: Chrome, chrome and more chrome....we love shiny stuff on our bikes! I spend hours polishing the chrome on my bike. What's wrong with chrome??

Chrome's cool BR. Used to love polishing my hubbies bikes. Old 1960/70s Triumphs.
Bothwell

American Chopper

Post by Bothwell »

What is going on, who is this blonde trollope who Paul jr is sucking face with every 2 mins, I think we just have the new series here and the first couple of episodes (Snap on bike) were just full of Paul jr sloping off with this young thing. As usual Vinnie left to build the bike whilst Paul Snr rants at Paulie's absence.

I think the Jr v Snr shouting matches are getting out of hand, OK whe need a couple of minutes of it for old time's sake but in the last show I watched 50% of it was this crap, I want to see the bikes built.

Give Vinnie, Rick and Cody their own show, let Paul Jr give them a design then leave them to it which is what happens anyway
Bez

American Chopper

Post by Bez »

'World Biker build off' is great Bothwell. Have you ever seen it. There was an episode where a guy from the USA and a guy from Australia + one other each built a bike and if my memory serves me right, they showed the bikes in Hawaii.
OLIN

American Chopper

Post by OLIN »

BabyRider wrote: Chrome, chrome and more chrome....we love shiny stuff on our bikes! I spend hours polishing the chrome on my bike. What's wrong with chrome??

I used to work as a metal polisher (alloy & Stainless steel) and prefer the polished look to the chromed look personally, I guess I'm slightly biased because of that.

Also I guess chrome's more practical over there than it is over here - especially on alloy. Chromed alloy does not last in the UK due to our lousy weather and salt on the road when it's frosty (yes, most UK bikers ride in ALL weather - they'd only be on the road a couple of weeks a year otherwise :wah: )- it just bubbles and peels after a while and looks an awful mess.

Stainless steel once polished is virtually maintenance free and though not quite as shiny as chrome it looks good, the only exception being exhaust pipes as they discolour quite quickly - though at least if they're made from stainless they'll never rot through.
observer1

American Chopper

Post by observer1 »

Bez wrote: 'World Biker build off' is great Bothwell. Have you ever seen it. There was an episode where a guy from the USA and a guy from Australia + one other each built a bike and if my memory serves me right, they showed the bikes in Hawaii.

I think I saw that one. I think the American MIGHT be Billy Lane?? Indian Larry used to build some really cool bikes though, may he rest in peace.
Galbally

American Chopper

Post by Galbally »

I am a car nut and allergic to bikes, but American Chopper is a great show, though Snr is too hard on Jnr, he has done some really good work on those bikes. But that other son, now I would kick his arse real bad, not that he would feel it the big lardarse.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
observer1

American Chopper

Post by observer1 »

Galbally wrote: I am a car nut and allergic to bikes, but American Chopper is a great show, though Snr is too hard on Jnr, he has done some really good work on those bikes. But that other son, now I would kick his arse real bad, not that he would feel it the big lardarse.

Yes, but Mikey is HILARIOUS!!!
Bothwell

American Chopper

Post by Bothwell »

Watched it last night and was outraged, it was Miller Bike 2 and Paul Snr had a real go at Vinnie over a messy workshop. This guy Vinnie is the real star along with Rick, whilst the Teutals are arseing around they get the bikes built.
observer1

American Chopper

Post by observer1 »

Bothwell wrote: Watched it last night and was outraged, it was Miller Bike 2 and Paul Snr had a real go at Vinnie over a messy workshop. This guy Vinnie is the real star along with Rick, whilst the Teutals are arseing around they get the bikes built.

I have to agree, Bothwell. I think I saw that episode before. Was it the one where Sr told Vinnie he was in charge of keeping the shop clean, then reamed him out when it got messy?
BabyRider

American Chopper

Post by BabyRider »

Bothwell wrote: Watched it last night and was outraged, it was Miller Bike 2 and Paul Snr had a real go at Vinnie over a messy workshop. This guy Vinnie is the real star along with Rick, whilst the Teutals are arseing around they get the bikes built.
Both, I do believe that the Tuttles play to the camera tad too much. Sr. seems to think he's a total hard-ass and has to prove it to the world on a weekly basis. Oh the drama!! Oh the controversy!!

Yeah, whatever. It's all for show, if you ask me. It also detracts from the show. I'm impressed with the bikes, not the fact that Sr can yell at his kids for stupid sh!t.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

observer1

American Chopper

Post by observer1 »

BabyRider wrote: Both, I do believe that the Tuttles play to the camera tad too much. Sr. seems to think he's a total hard-ass and has to prove it to the world on a weekly basis. Oh the drama!! Oh the controversy!!

Yeah, whatever. It's all for show, if you ask me. It also detracts from the show. I'm impressed with the bikes, not the fact that Sr can yell at his kids for stupid sh!t.

I'm sure that's why they were picked out of probably several bike builders, though. Ratings... ratings... ratings!!

Return to “General Chit Chat”