Cluster bombs

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Cluster bombs

Post by spot »

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, February 28, 2022 :
Q Thanks, Jen. There are reports of illegal cluster bombs and vacuum bombs being used by the Russians. If that’s true, what is the next step of this administration? And is there a red line for how much violence will be tolerated against civilians in this manner that’s illegal and potentially a war crime?

MS. PSAKI: It is — it would be. I don’t have any confirmation of that. We have seen the reports. If that were true, it would potentially be a war crime.

Obviously, there are a range of international fora that would assess that. So, certainly, we would look to that to be a part of that conversation.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... y-28-2022/

One wonders what President Biden was thinking this week when he authorized shipping of US cluster bombs from US munitions stock to Ukraine.

One wonders whether the playing field is flat. There are a range of international fora that would assess that too, presumably.

Damned exceptionalism, that's what I reckon. We had an exceptionalist-only thread about it once which summed up the prevailing attitude "Who the hell comes up with this stuff?" quite well. viewtopic.php?t=38498
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Political Events”