2022 system upgrade

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
spot

2022 system upgrade

Post by spot »

Note to self - Debian 10 reaches end of life in August.

Code: Select all

root@forumgarden:~# uptime
 15:15:02 up 323 days,  5:07,  1 user,  load average: 0.42, 0.17, 0.05
root@forumgarden:~# cat /etc/debian_version 
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Re: 2022 system upgrade

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:26 am Note to self - Debian 10 reaches end of life in August.

Code: Select all

root@forumgarden:~# uptime
 15:15:02 up 323 days,  5:07,  1 user,  load average: 0.42, 0.17, 0.05
root@forumgarden:~# cat /etc/debian_version 
Is it worth keeping Buster into the LTS period or would it be better to move straight to Bullseye?
spot

Post by spot »

I am open to advice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I will send flowers.
spot

Post by spot »

Saint_ wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:44 am I will send flowers.
Good lord no - "End of Life" is a technical term, not a sentence!
spot

Post by spot »

I have it in mind that we might upgrade to 11.4 in the next week or two.
spot

Post by spot »

Forumgarden apologizes for a 35 minute outage, having run a full-site snapshot backup which took a lot longer than expected.
spot

Post by spot »

Forumgarden notes that the upgrade is now complete and the underlying system release is now Debian Linux Bullseye 11.4.

Please add any exceptional events to the thread.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Oh goodie. New Code.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

It is my intention to upgrade the phpBB underlying code to the latest release at noon UTC Wednesday 4th January 2023. That's 12 hours from now. I'll update this thread when I'm done.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

? You are going back in time.

Or have I officially gone mad.

I wouldn't be surprised at either.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Information: This board is currently disabled.
Wondering what that means, am I able to post?
spot

Post by spot »

Betty Boop wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:40 am
Information: This board is currently disabled.
Wondering what that means, am I able to post?
Well, it depends on whether you have admin rights on the site. Nobody else would be able to.
spot

Post by spot »

Right.

I have re-opened the site. The upgrade is completed. We now have the latest php and phpBB upgrade installed.

The colors have changed, the layout has changed. That is not intentional.

I shall go and compare the old files to the new and discover what I should now change to get the old look back again.
spot

Post by spot »

There. The Blue is gone and the Green is back like it ought to be. I hadn't changed the default Prosilver theme back to Simplicity.

phpBB-3.3.9.png
phpBB-3.3.9.png (110 KiB) Viewed 863 times

Service is resumed.
spot

Post by spot »

Is anyone seeing display format glitches on any threads? we have a report of a display change on Wednesday 11th January. It looks like this in the Quordle thread.

fg-display-error.png
fg-display-error.png (75.63 KiB) Viewed 784 times
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

That's interesting
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

No problems from here.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Tis my problem, mostly in the Quordle thread, it just won't load properly and then let me post anything to the thread.

I will try and get to the desk in my bedroom and switch on the linux machine and try from there.

Return to “News and Announcements”