A$AP Rocky

spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

I note the following report:

[...] Fredrik Wallin was responding to claims on website TMZ, reportedly from a US Embassy official, that walking into Kronoberg prison is like "walking into a toilet". The website had claimed the rapper is being held in a "disease-ridden" prison where the food is "inedible".

TMZ's report mentioned Rocky being held in a cell next to someone with "severe mental i$$ues who slams his head against the concrete wall and hurls fe$es every which way... fe$es that are not cleaned up".

A source reportedly told them he was being made to sleep on a yoga mat with no blanket, drink water that was not clean, and had only been given an apple to eat each day during his first five days at the prison.

Separately, A$AP Mob member A$AP Ferg claims Rocky is being held in $olitary confinement.

ASAP Rocky: Sweden prison boss defends jail conditions

In a Swedish jail? Seriously?

"TMZ", whoever he is, and Mr Ferg, might appear to an unbiased observer to be partial. And lying through their teeth. And essentially untrustworthy. What puzzles me is who they think might believe what they claim. Other than people with a dollar sign in their name, of course.

For those interested, "Harlem rapper A$AP Rocky recently made waves for signing a deal worth three million dollar$, supposedly. But folks should have been talking about the fact that he has an entire dollar sign crew, made up of folks with names like A$AP Ferg, A$AP Ty Beats, A$AP Dom, A$AP Twelvy, and A$AP Nast. There's only one word for this: $wag (from the LA Times, that bit)

I can see why the local authorities are keen to keep the man jailed for as long as possible - American rappers en masse have declared a boycott on performing in Sweden. That, where I come from, would be termed shooting oneself in the foot.

The last time I made a thread disrespecting an American entertainer, a dozen fans signed up and posted lots of complaint. Who knows, we might have an A$AP Inva$ion.

The petition, for those keen to sign, is at https://www.change.org/p/swedish-offici ... e_petition
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

A$AP Rocky

Post by LarsMac »

Who dat?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

I would not wish to guess but, if forced, I suppose he must be da man. Though I doubt many rappers would interject "mercy!" at this point.

In all fairness his petition does have a half million names on it already.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

Here we are, a summary of the allegations which have led to A$AP Rocky being held in custody.

There's footage online of him "throwing a person to the ground before he and a group of men punched and kicked the victim in the head".

There's "a police report alleging the victim had also been cut with a broken glass bottle".

The prosecutor says "They had the intention to leave the country quite soon and if they leave the country there could be a risk that we would not be able to get them convicted if they had done this crime".

Regarding injuries, ”He has been kicked," a police spokesperson said of the victim. ”He also have cuts on both of his arms. It is caused by some type of object, but not a knife".

The only thing making the case comic is the blatantly false description of jail conditions in Sweden, invented by his handlers to stir up the fanbase. The whole thing reeks of he's an American you can't do that to him, he's immune.

Italicized quotes from https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 85871.html

If I had to guess, I reckon the two locals were trying to get a refund on defective ripoff $280 tat headphones they'd bought, as in "Head over to the A$AP Mob Shop to pick up your exclusive A$AP Rocky DNA Monster Headphones". Hence the "asking for money" accusation.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

As to the extent to which this dung-crawler represents the youth of America, here's my sampling of his damnable lyrics.

I'm yo pusher, but I don't be on no corners

Put me in your nose, inhale my aroma

**** so potent, **** stronger than ammonia

O.D. and **** around and slip into a coma

That purp purp 'n I get lit

'Methazine, tell em sip this

I'm on that Memphis

That 666

Trip 6 ****, bitches

A 50 box of them Swishers

Ghost slabs on them 6's

In the back seat full of bitches

Tryna hit licks

Gon' get lit

Now can't a nigga see I ain't got no time for games

I'm on this Hennessey and I'm quick to shoot dat thang

But **** that one of my young niggas 'ill take tha charge

I'm stackin' loot mutha**** lookin' behind some bars

So. He's stackin' loot, right. What a total waste of oxygen the man is.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

He does, at times, actually talk as opposed to screaming filth into a microphone. Here he is in reflective mood over a cup of tea in the drawing room:

I’m A$AP Rocky. I did not sign up to be no political activist. I wanna talk about my mother*****in’ lean, my best friend dying, girls, my jiggy fashion and my inspirations in drugs. I live in *****ing Soho and Beverly Hills. I can’t relate. I go back to Harlem, it’s not the same. It’s a sad story. I gotta tell you the truth. I’m in the studio, I’m in fashion houses, I’m in these b*tches’ drawers. I’m not doing anything outside of that. That’s my life. These people need to leave me the ***** alone.

https://www.sohh.com/mysonne-exposes-pa ... ur-issues/

Is he down with the clown, or is that something else.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

The fecal bilge of the Swedish lock-up continues to bathe our hero's ankles. If it continues, we can at least reflect that Methazine is a recommended treatment for pneumonia. That purp purp 'n I get lit 'Methazine, tell em sip this.

Now that two weeks is up prosecutors have applied for another extension until 25 July to formally charge him with a crime.

"We have worked intensively with the investigation and need more time, until Thursday next week in order to complete the preliminary investigation," says prosecutor Daniel Suneson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49042365

Meanwhile in a parallel universe, Kim Kardashian West has also revealed she's been involved in trying to help ASAP. She tweeted a link to a story on TMZ, which reported that her and husband Kanye West had spoken to President Trump about getting ASAP released. "President Trump is very much aware of A$AP Rocky's legal sitch in Sweden - and he's got his team working to get him freed".

and the petition is currently petered out around 620,000.

I sincerely apologize if my sympathy for this purp purp is in any way showing.

eta: continued detention due to flight risk
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

“I will be calling the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden to see what we can do about helping A$AP Rocky,” Trump tweeted from aboard Air Force One on Friday, and said he had just spoken with Kanye West about Rocky’s situation.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... ump-sweden

Yay! There's obviously still votes to be had sucking up to bad folks. And I don't mean the very talented Prime Minister of Sweden.

If this was the Afghan government holding A$AP Rocky, President Trump would be waving his Special Forces death squads at them and watching the rescue in the live-time ops room. For some inexplicable reason he's holding off over the Swedes. Perhaps he should send all Americans named Sven back to where they came from.

"Sweden. Who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible".
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

Those slap-happy Swedes have left President Trump concussed and dribbling...

Sweden has hit back at Donald Trump after the US president reacted angrily to a decision to press assault charges against the American rapper A$AP Rocky, insisting its independent judicial system must do its work.

“The rule of the law applies to everyone equally and is exercised by an independent judiciary,” tweeted former prime minister Carl Bildt. “That’s the way it is in the US, and that’s certainly the way it is in Sweden. Political interference in the process is distinctly off limits. Clear?”

Trump said on Thursday he was very disappointed in Stefan Löfven for being unable to act. He said “Sweden has let our African American community down in the United States. Give A$AP Rocky his freedom.”

The US president also said: “We do so much for Sweden but it doesn’t seem to work the other way around. Sweden should focus on its real crime problem.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... asap-rocky

I have no idea why the Guardian is reporting this in its Music section.

America should focus on its real crime problem.
LarsMac

A$AP Rocky

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1524058 wrote: Those slap-happy Swedes have left President Trump concussed and dribbling...

I have no idea why the Guardian is reporting this in its Music section.
Where else should they put it. The guy is kind of a musician, ...of sorts, ...I guess.

spot;1524058 wrote: America should focus on its real crime problem.
I have actually not noticed anything in the American press about this A$AP fellow.

I did see a message from his twitship about it. I think he is trying to show Black people in America that he is not racist, by helping a Black guy get outa jail free.
- DH Lawrence
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1524059 wrote: The guy is kind of a musician, ...of sorts, ...I guess.

Ah. I think we've found the underlying comprehension glitch in the thread.

I think he is trying to show Black people in America that he is not racist, by helping a Black guy get outa jail free.

I suspect he's trying to dissuade any American from holidaying abroad by publicizing what happens.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

Clarification trickles out:

In the texts they discuss the case in detail, saying that one of them was asked to film the incident and that they’d “watched rocky and security guard beat the **** out of someone” before stating that the video released by Rocky was “cleaned up a bit.” Other texts from member’s of the team stated “I hope rocky deleted all the videos on his phone and only kept the one.”

The prosecutor also focused on the interrogation of Rocky, where he admits to a scuffle but denies a crime, saying “I got him on the ground. I punched and kicked.” When pressed further about how many times he hit the victim, he says “I don’t remember. Where they hit. In a fight you don’t count how many. You defend yourself.”

Sveriges Radio reports that Rocky’s Lawyer, Slobodan Jovicic, responded to these statements, saying “In his world, when he had to explain it in his way, he’s said to have thrown the person on the ground and then performed these moves. But he hasn’t confessed to behaving in the way the prosecutor is suggesting, says.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/7/asap-rocky ... -documents

Rocky, for those wondering, didn't have the wit to delete all the videos on his phone and only keep the one, the prosecution report is packed full of stills from the complete record he commissioned before he went into Hulk Smash mode. I've met brighter goldfish.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

President Trump is still bleating on about A$AP Rocky still being in jail.

These are part of the evidence. They're marks on the rapper's victim, not on the rapper.

LarsMac

A$AP Rocky

Post by LarsMac »

Hmmm.

Well, I have stopped to give this some thought, and it is with absolute certainty that I can say,

I don't really care.

sorry that the Swedes must put up with the guy, but, please don't send him back here.

Oh, and I suspect this article is right.

The Trumpster probably doesn't really care, either.

trump-doesn-t-care-about-asap-rocky
- DH Lawrence
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

Just when you think President Trump can't twist matters any further -

Donald Trump sent the US special presidential envoy for hostage affairs to Stockholm to monitor the court proceedings of the American rapper A$AP Rocky, according to Swedish news agency TT.

The special envoy Robert O’Brien was seen on Tuesday at Stockholm district court

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... nvoy-trump

Sheer genius that, though not his own idea. "Fox News-28 Jul 2019 RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan says he's concerned over what he calls a hostage situation for fellow rapper A$AP Rocky"
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

The Swedish judge, Per Lennerbrant, said the performer and his two co-accused could be released from custody and were free to leave the country ahead of his verdict.

Such a ruling may point to an acquittal, or a sentence of less than the time already served, Reuters reported.

Mr Jovicic said his client "is a free person for now" but has a "nervous wait for two more weeks".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49204862

If Mr Jovicic thinks his client will still be in Sweden when the verdict and sentence are announced in court, he has a startlingly vivid imagination.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

And indeed, Elvis has left.

Rocky, and two members of his entourage who were on trial, were allowed to leave Sweden on Friday following their three-day trial to await a verdict Aug. 14.

The 30-year-old rapper, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, flew by private airplane to Los Angeles, arriving Friday night.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-fligh ... 40661.html

The amount of American diplomatic muscle thrown around has been embarrassing.

"Trump offered to post bail for A$AP Rocky. Sweden does not have a bail system. - par for the course, Mr President, par for the course.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

A$AP Rocky spent the weekend stackin' loot by hyping up the youth of California at Anaheim. He is not presently in Europe, unlike those two exceptional Americans from Tamalpais High who aren't well-connected enough to be sent home before sentencing.

The BBC has published a timeline of events preparatory to today's verdict. Their Swedish Crime reports are still appearing in the site's music section which is an outrage against both common sense and decency.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49333962

Swedish court expected to deliver verdict in A$AP Rocky assault case

A Swedish court will rule Wednesday on whether American A$AP Rocky is guilty of assault for his role in a June

Here's What Could Happen to A$AP Rocky if He's Found Guilty Today

A$AP Rocky Not Required to Be in Sweden for Verdict

A$AP Rocky to get assault verdict, but he won't be in Sweden to hear it

Verdict due in US rapper A$AP Rocky's assault trial

Later:

A suspended sentence and a compensation fine.

The court lost the opportunity to keep the man away from European soil for the rest of his life. If he'd refused to surrender to an outstanding arrest warrant requiring him to serve an extra week in jail he'd then have been unable to travel internationally again, like Roman Polanski for example.

Still, guilty of assault as charged. So much for I was only defending myself. Next time perhaps he won't record the entire event on his phone for bragging rights. What a twerp.
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

A couple of observations left over from the President's "Free Rocky" publicity stunt. Firstly that A$AP Rocky hasn't offered a word of thanks or support to the White House for all the tweeting and phone calls.

I'd quite like to see the behind-the-scenes emails and contact notes from White House staff to A$AP Rocky's legal team negotiating the Presidential headlines in exchange for a namecheck to boost their man's popularity among street users when next year's elections roll round. The odd references in the press suggest they were frantic and laden with expletives. All that effort and no political return? I'm not surprised.

Secondly I'm in total confusion as to why A$AP Rocky's pre-trial advocate in Sweden was shot in the head and chest this week resulting in the arrest of a "senior lawyer". All those ultra-violent Scandi-noir television series might be having a consequence though I'd much rather it was The Family's enforcers sending a message. Maybe it's both.
magentaflame

A$AP Rocky

Post by magentaflame »

This entire thread has been most entertaining
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

It's hard to see how the events could have been more improbable. Fiction writers would have had their scripts rejected.
spot

Re: A$AP Rocky

Post by spot »

spot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:47 am A couple of observations left over from the President's "Free Rocky" publicity stunt. Firstly that A$AP Rocky hasn't offered a word of thanks or support to the White House for all the tweeting and phone calls.

I'd quite like to see the behind-the-scenes emails and contact notes from White House staff to A$AP Rocky's legal team negotiating the Presidential headlines in exchange for a namecheck to boost their man's popularity among street users when next year's elections roll round. The odd references in the press suggest they were frantic and laden with expletives. All that effort and no political return? I'm not surprised.

Secondly I'm in total confusion as to why A$AP Rocky's pre-trial advocate in Sweden was shot in the head and chest this week resulting in the arrest of a "senior lawyer". All those ultra-violent Scandi-noir television series might be having a consequence though I'd much rather it was The Family's enforcers sending a message. Maybe it's both.
I still don't know why this happened.
Woman locked up over conspiracy to kill lawyer

Stockholm District Court on Monday sentenced a woman to 14 years in jail after she hired people to kill another Swedish lawyer, Henrik Olsson Lilja, who is internationally most well known for defending US rapper ASAP Rocky in a Swedish court in 2019.

Olsson Lilja was shot outside his apartment in Stockholm in September 2019. He survived. A man in his 50s has already been convicted of the shooting itself, but the woman was also early on in the police investigation suspected of being behind it.

https://www.thelocal.se/20210118/today- ... -20210118/

As for Rocky, his latest publicity stunt is to have claimed acquaintanceship with Rihanna. Drugs may well have softened his command of English - the reported text is "She amounts to probably, like, a million of the other ones. I think when you know, you know," he said. "She's the one". Perhaps he rapped it. I look forward to $280 Rihanna DNA Monster Headphones flooding the market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57180714
spot

Post by spot »

A$AP Rocky was back in jail earlier in the week, this time an American jail which must undoubtedly be less hygenic than the one his team complained of in Sweden. He's still quick to shoot dat thang, apparently, this time in Los Angeles if I got that right.

A$AP is a lousy shot. His target survived a hail of handgun fire and managed to name the rapper in a complaint.

Rihanna has an alleged net worth of $1.7 billion. $ASAP Rocky doesn't - it would be hard to tell at this point whether he has any net financial worth whatever. The polyhedric Chris Brown by contrast was at least profitable as a recording artist. Quite what ahedric A$AP brings to the party is less clear. The latest street shooting might be another publicity stunt trying to revive his overpriced headphone brand-name.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61174333

(Multifaceted, apparently. A$AP ain't got no sides unlike Mr Brown)
spot

Post by spot »

Disabled ticketholders have described their experience at Wireless Festival as "disheartening and a waste of time and money".

The three-day event at Crystal Palace over the weekend featured the likes of A$AP Rocky and J. Cole.

But wheelchair users were faced with steep hills, rough gravel and obscured views of the stage.

"I just am really tired of feeling like a second-class citizen," Katouche Goll tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.

"We were stuck on the platform. It was windy, it was cold and it took them an hour to provide seating for us up there on the first day."

The ticket cost the 25-year-old - who has cerebral palsy - more than £200 and she feels it was "a waste".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62038374

I thought the headphone scam merchant had been banned from entering the UK. Why's he at the Crystal Palace? What twerp let him in?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, who is this A$AP Rocky person, anyway?
This is the only place where his name has ever crossed my path.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:31 am So, who is this A$AP Rocky person, anyway?
Has it occurred to you recently that you're no longer hip with the jive, man? That the megadrome rap marathon experience has failed to attract your physical presence?

When did you last crowd-surf, for example

You ain't bad, you ain't nothin'. Just get down there and do it.

(If my last paragraph does not in fact paraphrase any known dialog by Jane Austen, please strike it from the thread)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:35 pm
LarsMac wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:31 am So, who is this A$AP Rocky person, anyway?
Has it occurred to you recently that you're no longer hip with the jive, man? That the megadrome rap marathon experience has failed to attract your physical presence?

(If my last paragraph does not in fact paraphrase any known dialog by Jane Austen, please strike it from the thread)
Guilty as charged. [sigh]
I still listen to old Grateful Dead recordings, and bask in the music of the 40s, through 70s.
As Saint Mick once said, "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it."

Never really Grok'd the hip-hop/Rappy stuff.

I guess I'm a certified Old Fart, but I'm quite happy with that.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:55 am
spot wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:35 pm

Guilty as charged. [sigh]
I still listen to old Grateful Dead recordings, and bask in the music of the 40s, through 70s.
As Saint Mick once said, "It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it."

Never really Grok'd the hip-hop/Rappy stuff.

I guess I'm a certified Old Fart, but I'm quite happy with that.
You could say that as far as rap goes you’re a stranger in a strange land.
spot

Post by spot »

These rap people seem to cultivate a violent aspect in their public persona. This is Fe$ty Wap, for example, currently facing a mandatory five year sentence having plea dealt down from possible life for drug trafficking:
A few weeks ago he was accused of flashing a gun and yelling "Imma kill you and everybody you with" during a FaceTime call in December 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62645359

So. There we have it. "Imma kill you and everybody you with", in this instance.

The possibility of discussing his preferred grammatical structure had crossed my mind but I doubt my competence.

The OP has requested that the site's "no more than two Heinlein references per thread" rule be brought to posters' attention. This is the second.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

These people seem to exist in an entirely different dimension than I, or anyone with whom I've ever associated, have visited.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Events”