The Presidential Election of 2024

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Post by spot »

The general consensus in the UK is that the inevitable 2024 winner of the Presidential Election will be female, Republican and 42 years old.

Presumably this is a recognized likelihood in the America too?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Ooh look... "Trade Secretary Liam Fox plans to apologise in person to Ivanka Trump". I did say she was getting important.

I wonder whether there's odds yet on her being the Republican candidate in 2024.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I'll go with Candace Owens.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I think if Trump is attempting to groom anyone for office it's Jared Kushner. Kushner has been working to establish relations with foreign dignitaries and shaping policy behind the backs of Bolton and Pompeo. He's Jewish, so Israel loves him, and therefore so will all Republicans and most Democrats.

I doubt Trump believes the presidency is a job for females, being the misogynist he is. He uses females as the face of education and to deal with hostile counterparts in the press.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

You've not watched enough Mafia movies. This is blood we're talking about, and the lad in the suit will obviously have to grow a bit first. Mr Kushner is an officer, he's not family. Neither of the animal-killer sons has qualified for the role.

As for a non-Christian President, here's the list - you show me one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... ted_States. The major shock on that list is the Catholic.

There may be a list somewhere of the most pious God-fearing nations and if there is, there will be a three-way tie at the top between Saudi Arabia, Iran and the USA. Nowhere else is within spitting distance.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1523784 wrote: You've not watched enough Mafia movies. This is blood we're talking about, and the lad in the suit will obviously have to grow a bit first. Mr Kushner is an officer, he's not family. Neither of the animal-killer sons has qualified for the role.

As for a non-Christian President, here's the list - you show me one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... ted_States. The major shock on that list is the Catholic.

There may be a list somewhere of the most pious God-fearing nations and if there is, there will be a three-way tie at the top between Saudi Arabia, Iran and the USA. Nowhere else is within spitting distance.

I can't speak for Iranis or Saudis, but, People in the US don't "fear God"

They use God.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

For a nation which doesn't fear God you-all attend a terrible lot of church services.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1523786 wrote: For a nation which doesn't fear God you-all attend a terrible lot of church services.
That may be true, but I doubt that, for most, fear is the motivating factor.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

I can't think of a single aspect of any eternal afterlife which wouldn't invoke fear in any rational person. What sane believer would regard an eternity in heaven as desirable?

Unless you're suggesting the average church-goer has no faith, I'm not sure of your meaning.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I think Ivana is a real possibility . She is by reputation even more clever and as astute as her Dad --- however funny critics might find that --- and has an estimated IQ in the one sixties , whereas Donald is estimated at 155 . Both way above genius level .

Jared could be a greater hindrance than anything or anybody else to her . His present significance behind the scenes has been deliberately and sensibly down played for a variety of reasons and , like his father- in- law , particularly for business dealings

Over time I believe Jared's role could be made even more problematic and assuming that Donald is re- elected in a canter . But perhaps nothing , for example , that a divorce of convenience could not solve -- if necessary .
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Raphael;1526373 wrote: whereas Donald is estimated at 155 . Both way above genius level.Why then does he speak at a 4th-grade level? https://www.google.com/search?client=ub ... CAo&uact=5

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1526382 wrote: Why then does he speak at a 4th-grade level?

Ahso, this Raphael is not an honest speaker, which I think you've picked up on already.
spot

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1526384 wrote: Ahso, this Raphael is not an honest speaker, which I think you've picked up on already.

I'm not sure the site has ever been addressed by an influencer before but I think this may be what it's like.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Do you think the paid posters are out early this election cycle?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

I would not know. I would encourage Raphael to post an introduction thread if nothing else.

As an aside, we did once have a a registered poster here whose IP address was held by the domain kgb.ru
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ahso!;1526382 wrote: Why then does he speak at a 4th-grade level? https://www.google.com/search?client=ub ... CAo&uact=5

If you can also become a MENSA member you will immediately see and hear how absurd that sort of comment is .
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526395 wrote: If you can also become a MENSA member you will immediately see and hear how absurd that sort of comment is .

I'm delighted to see that you persevere in posting on this site. I would still encourage you to disclose your affiliation. You may, of course, be an independent voice, but our collective antennae are quite reasonably quivering.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Raphael;1526395 wrote: If you can also become a MENSA member you will immediately see and hear how absurd that sort of comment is .Absurdities aside - is it your position that Trump does not speak at a 4the-grade level? You might want to watch that space bar, btw.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

spot;1526397 wrote: I'm delighted to see that you persevere in posting on this site. I would still encourage you to disclose your affiliation. You may, of course, be an independent voice, but our collective antennae are quite reasonably quivering.

I respect your polite and reasonable posts .

No passive /aggressive trolling , unlike some who should know better .

I certainly have no affiliations -- never had and doubt I ever will . However, I would readily accept any offer to join an international assassination elite team based on my personal views , conclusions and judged required action .

Pure fantasy unfortunately .

I am extremely well read -- over a dozen 'top' daily news sites spread across the world --- politically I am most attracted to Zero Hedge which , in my view , makes alternatives like BBC , NYT and WaPo look narrow , clumsy and deliberately dishonest .

i am also well travelled and extensively in Ukraine and the Russian Federation .Just one general area which is very newsworthy currently .

Yes I am a "Trump supporter" but in simple terms only because his direct opponents represent some of the most powerful corrupt and evil institutions on the planet .imo .

Trump is no angel but he is certainly clean when it comes to making money and gaining power from dugs and trafficking .

To understand my key basic position you would need to have closely read Dr J P Farrell's scholarly books ( in particular ) and fully understand what happened in the British Empire from the time of Cecil Rhodes ( say ) onwards and in parallel what happened in Germany from the 1920s and its close connection with the American banking and industrial empires between the two great wars ; then with US intelligence agencies as Germany extended its territories after the second world war as a springboard for the hoped for Fourth Reich .

That only represents the nub of a world picture and narrative but gives a flavour of what I have found to be a much more true recent history ( essentially western only ) than the garbage we have been fed in the west for the last century-- and longer , if I wished to be thoroughly pedantic .

You 'had' nothing-- so you say -- and now you have much more than you bargained for , I suspect .

It may not be your 'cup of tea' but I am ever happy to show what I believe and , if required , support any resulting positions .

Alternatively , I am just as comfortable in most of the high Arts and separately a fiendish fan of most sports .
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Raphael;1526409 wrote: Yes I am a "Trump supporter" but in simple terms only because his direct opponents represent some of the most powerful corrupt and evil institutions on the planet .imo .

What evil institution might they be by name? In particular, which "evil institutions" is Sanders affiliated with?

Lastly, being one who abhors personal attacks and passive/aggressive comments, why then are you a "Trump supporter"? Trump is the king of personalizing everything and insulting everyone and anyone who disagrees with his positions or questions or dissents on policy. Raphael;1526409 wrote: Trump is no angel but he is certainly clean when it comes to making money and ,gaining power from dugs and trafficking .Pardon my ignorance, but what does the highlighted bit mean?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ahso!;1526412 wrote: What evil institution might they be by name? In particular, which "evil institutions" is Sanders affiliated with?

Lastly, being one who abhors personal attacks and passive/aggressive comments, why then are you a "Trump supporter"? Trump is the king of personalizing everything and insulting everyone and anyone who disagrees with his positions or questions or dissents on policy. Pardon my ignorance, but what does the highlighted bit mean?

I will deal with your comments in simple and general terms because the limits of a Forum format dictates this . Detail answers require two or more with in - depth information , the time to write answers of book length and the doubtful likelihood of a receptive audience .

Sanders is a drop in the ocean . A Marxist cheated in 2016 by HRC using her hit squad headed by Donna Brazile and Debby Wasserman Schulz to get rid of him . His most likely opportunity to feature next year is when we mourn his next heart attack . An infirm guy on limited time. Whatever his political and economic positions .

Have you got detailed knowledge of the major Drug and Trafficking cartels ? Let's kick off with the Clinton's operation with the CIA in Arkansas and separately the Contra affair , again a CIA project .Both well documented . In detail .And these two projects are just the proverbial drop in the ocean .

For purposes of attacking the Establishment and Deep State , an independent like Trump had the huge problem of dealing with a media that was and is controlled ( 91 % ) by 6 institutions and people .

From 1947 when the CIA was rolled out it was publicly known that full control was a function of information and narrative manipulation . All intelligence agencies work to that obvious brief and a half time assessment is readily available if you study the Church Report ---from the mid eighties from memory .Trump had no way of reaching the people unless he set up his own media channels or re-introduced regular fireside chats -- if the TV stations would have 'played ball ' -- which they almost almost certainly would not have . See , as clear examples , CNN and MSNBC for daily drivel and garbage .

Trump has forced matters and issues onto the MSM by precisely using the methods his detractors now find so ghastly . He uses noise and high level non chemical irritants '

Genius .

He has played them like fish .

Read Trumps book on making 'the deal ' and you will immediately see how his simple action philosophy has bamboozled hie enemies time after time . And continue to do so judging by the low IQ and talent opposition facing and reacting to him -- Tabbard is a possible exception .

etc etc .

I need paying for further time and you could not afford my business rates. lol .
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526409 wrote: I certainly have no affiliations -- never had and doubt I ever will .

You can't be proselytising Thuban Sex then. I was rather hoping you would, it would add to the quality of my chat-up lines in the Union Bar.

Rather against all probability I claim you are, or represent the online interests of, HRH Prince Michael James Alexander Stewart, 7th Count of Albany. The punctuation is therefore a subtle and misleeding disguise.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1526435 wrote: The punctuation is therefore a subtle and misleeding disguise.

I thought of that too due to the inconsistency of it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1526409 wrote: ...

i am also well travelled and extensively in Ukraine and the Russian Federation .Just one general area which is very newsworthy currently .

To understand my key basic position you would need to have closely read Dr J P Farrell's scholarly books

'nuff said.
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

spot;1526435 wrote: You can't be proselytising Thuban Sex then. I was rather hoping you would, it would add to the quality of my chat-up lines in the Union Bar.

Rather against all probability I claim you are, or represent the online interests of, HRH Prince Michael James Alexander Stewart, 7th Count of Albany. The punctuation is therefore a subtle and misleeding disguise.

Damn . OK . I am Lobby Lud and I suppose I owe you £5. ( kids will need to search ) .

But clever of you to guess Thuban . We are from this star in the constellation of Draco which means that you know I am one of your Reptilian masters .

Just do not tell everybody .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1526453 wrote: Damn . OK . I am Lobby Lud and I suppose I owe you £5. ( kids will need to search ) .

But clever of you to guess Thuban . We are from this star in the constellation of Draco which means that you know I am one of your Reptilian masters .

Just do not tell everybody .

The Press has been notified.
- DH Lawrence
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1526455 wrote: The Press has been notified.

Thank God for that .

My secrets are safe .

Not revealing the truth is the one thing the MSM can be relied on for .

Phew . Etc .
spot

Re: The Presidential Election of 2024

Post by spot »

spot wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:11 pm The general consensus in the UK is that the inevitable 2024 winner of the Presidential Election will be female, Republican and 42 years old.

Presumably this is a recognized likelihood in the America too?
Nobody at the time picked up on this, last year.

What we need to work out is her running mate.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:38 am For a nation which doesn't fear God you-all attend a terrible lot of church services.
I believe that's called lip service. It's kind of like seeing people at North Korean president funerals.\
Oh my prediction is a female Hispanic native American mixed with white.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:34 am Ooh look... "Trade Secretary Liam Fox plans to apologise in person to Ivanka Trump". I did say she was getting important.

I wonder whether there's odds yet on her being the Republican candidate in 2024.
I'm going to disagree with that assumption. I believe once Trump dies that family is going to do a backflip. i don't think any of them want politics. They certainly want influence but not on a grand stage. I believe they do what they are told and go along like a puppy following its master. They have too much to cover up, and daddy isn't president anymore and exposed to all that want a piece of him. He's been able to avoid trouble whilst his been in office but after this, he'll go under.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

If you call them Donald and Ivanka Kardashian you get a good idea of why they've been posing.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I think it's more likely the Trump klan are going to have criminal records and will be living in countries that don't have an extradition agreement with the US.
spot

Post by spot »

Snooz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:26 pm I think it's more likely the Trump klan are going to have criminal records and will be living in countries that don't have an extradition agreement with the US.
If you remember the lead-up to the first term, there were claims on this site that Trump would start world war 3 if he were elected, that missiles would fly. I'd like some admissions that the panic was over the top and uncalled for.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Was I one of the people that said that? I really don't recall.

Maybe you should start a thread showing all the false claims so we can line up and profusely apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities.
spot

Post by spot »

It didn't occur to me that you might take the comment personally -I'm sure you said no such thing. Jives springs to mind. Ahso perhaps.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Of course I took it personally, you replied with a vague accusation of overreaction to my comment about the Trump family fleeing the country in disgrace.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:38 am
Snooz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:26 pm I think it's more likely the Trump klan are going to have criminal records and will be living in countries that don't have an extradition agreement with the US.
If you remember the lead-up to the first term, there were claims on this site that Trump would start world war 3 if he were elected, that missiles would fly. I'd like some admissions that the panic was over the top and uncalled for.
From what he's incited within his own country it's just a step away. It's the formula to war, not the cry out for war. Four more years of that thing and it would have been certain. Psychopaths have a formula when in power, it's predictable and they have no way of changing themselves or their behaviours. Trust me, HE wouldn't have started the war, as HE isn't causing trouble among Americans at the moment, according to his own mind.
spot

Post by spot »

Snooz wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:18 pm Of course I took it personally, you replied with a vague accusation of overreaction to my comment about the Trump family fleeing the country in disgrace.
You're quite right. I was comparing what you said then with the extreme improbability of the reactions earlier to the 2016 election.
spot

Post by spot »

It's my contention that the world's ability to laugh at America would be much enhanced if Sarah Palin were selected as the Republican presidential candidate for 2024. Since she'll only be 60 she's still quite capable of putting herself forward. I say go for it.

She's against death panels, mixed gender marriages, school-age sex outside marriage, abortion short of killing the woman, bans on semi-automatic weaponry, abolition of the death penalty and evolution - she'd have made a good Pope.

Rather ambiguously she once said "I want our country to be able to trust the oil industry", and who could disagree with that one.
spot

Post by spot »

On the other hand - and I write this after a week of Mike Pence displaying gravitas and standing in for the mockery who's been in office for the last four years - the last thing the world needs in 2024 is a white male fundamentalist Christian in the White House. I would be grateful if contenders could please avoid being either fundamentalist, or white, or male, or especially Christian. The world needs to leave all that clap-trap behind.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:46 am On the other hand - and I write this after a week of Mike Pence displaying gravitas and standing in for the mockery who's been in office for the last four years - the last thing the world needs in 2024 is a white male fundamentalist Christian in the White House. I would be grateful if contenders could please avoid being either fundamentalist, or white, or male, or especially Christian. The world needs to leave all that clap-trap behind.
And preferably under seventy - new blood with fresh ideas and less baggage would be good.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:46 am On the other hand - and I write this after a week of Mike Pence displaying gravitas and standing in for the mockery who's been in office for the last four years - the last thing the world needs in 2024 is a white male fundamentalist Christian in the White House. I would be grateful if contenders could please avoid being either fundamentalist, or white, or male, or especially Christian. The world needs to leave all that clap-trap behind.
I don't care what color, or gender they are, and don't much care what their religion might be. But the fundie bullshit must cease.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

Three years ago come July 4th I laid down a prediction at the top of the thread that Ivanka Trump would win the 2024 Presidential Election after a Republican nomination. It would still be an interesting result if it happens. It would make politics exciting.

I thought I'd check the current betting odds. https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us ... 024/winner

The person most backed to win at the moment is Donald Trump.

In decreasingly backed, going down the odds to less and less expected to win, the top 11 are:

Donald Trump
Ron DeSantis
Joe Biden
Kamala Harris
Mike Pence
Nikki Haley
Pete Buttigieg
Dwayne Johnson
Michelle Obama
Antony Blinken
Mike Pompeo

I'd like to discount Donald Trump and Joe Biden on the grounds of senescent advanced age. They would not be good choices.

I don't believe America is capable of electing Kamala Harris or Pete Buttigieg, the country is too racist, bigoted, sexist and partisan. Oddly enough, none of that would discount Michelle Obama who would have a world-changing effect and quite likely redeem the USA at a stroke.

Mike Pence and Mike Pompeo would upset me a lot, they are militarist blustering caricatures. Antony Blinken doesn't bluster but he's just as much a mass killer of foreigners, by which I mean millions of deaths that he influentially advocated.

By all means tell me who Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley and Dwayne Johnson are, they could be sports commentators for all I know.

Other ludicrous names on the list are General Michael Flynn, Foxboy Tucker Carlson, Jeff Bezos buying the presidency, Tulsi Gabbard, ex-Secretary of State and mass killer Condoleezza Rice, octogenarian Bernie Sanders and the vile Ann Coulter.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 am The person most backed to win at the moment is Donald Trump.
That really wouldn't surprise me at all given that the wheels currently turning in this world appear to going backwards! It's like we are stuck in some mad oversized VHS player and someone has hit rewind but now the tape has been chewed and is unravelling internally, rendering the stop button completely useless.
The Uk is heading backwards, America too, who is actually moving forwards?
spot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 am I don't believe America is capable of electing Kamala Harris or Pete Buttigieg, the country is too racist, bigoted, sexist and partisan. Oddly enough, none of that would discount Michelle Obama who would have a world-changing effect and quite likely redeem the USA at a stroke.
I agree with all that but worry they are more likely to have Donald back than an Obama. A bit like we keep letting Boris remain in power, it's a bizarre situation that beggars belief, with some women out there still thinking he's adorable. There's a scary thought, some American women probably think that about Trump too! :shock:
spot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:54 am By all means tell me who Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley and Dwayne Johnson are, they could be sports commentators for all I know.
Don't know who the other two are but I know who Dwayne Johnson aka 'The Rock' is
Johnson has expressed an interest in running for president himself, telling USA Today in February 2021 "I would consider a presidential run in the future if that's what the people wanted".[345] Following an online public opinion poll that found that 46% of Americans would consider voting for Johnson in a presidential election, he further stated during an April 12, 2021 interview on The Today Show that "I do have that goal to unite our country and I also feel that if this is what the people want, then I will do that".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson
spot

Post by spot »

Betty Boop wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:52 am Don't know who the other two are but I know who Dwayne Johnson aka 'The Rock' is
Johnson has expressed an interest in running for president himself, telling USA Today in February 2021 "I would consider a presidential run in the future if that's what the people wanted".[345] Following an online public opinion poll that found that 46% of Americans would consider voting for Johnson in a presidential election, he further stated during an April 12, 2021 interview on The Today Show that "I do have that goal to unite our country and I also feel that if this is what the people want, then I will do that".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson

There are precedents for totally unequipped populist front-men becoming President. Ronald Reagan springs to mind.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ron Desantis is the current governor of Florida, and is probably the most realistic choice on that list from the Rethuglican side.
A sad thought, really since he is basically Donald Trump without all the political baggage from Jan 6 2021.

His term as governor is up at the end of this year, basically, and he will have 2 years to prepare for '24.
Chances are very good that DFT will bail out of the race and leave the door open to Desantis.

I fear that Tucker Carlson could actually be encouraged to make a serious run, and backed by FOXSnooze, he could really scramble the race.

I don't see most of the Democrat options as truly viable going up against Joe. I personally would like to see Alexandria O-C step up. She's a bad-ass. I would probably vote for her if she had the Democratic ticket.

Several names on that list are completely unknown to me.
I'll will have to dig around a bit.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Actually, the more I think about it, that Duane Johnson thing may not be as bad an idea as I first thought. He could rally a lot of the Trumpers, and liberals.
Of course he could turn out to be another Ronnie Raygun, too,
Hmmm.

From Vegasinsider.com

Rethuglicans Democrats Out there.
Donald Trump +250 Joe Biden +450 Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson +4000
Ron DeSantis +500 Kamala Harris +1100
Mike Pence +1400 Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez +5000 Bernie Sanders +4000
Tucker Carlson +3300 Pete Buttigieg +2000
Mike Pompeo +4000 Michelle Obama +3300
Tom Cotton +4000 Elizabeth Warren +3300
Nikki Haley +1800 Hilary Clinton +4000
Ted Cruz +4000 Andrew Yang +5000
Tulsi Gabbard +4000

Mike Pence is probably a longshot, given the number of Rethuglicans that believe he tossed the presidency out the window by refusing to "Re-Certify" the count.
We really are in a scary place over here. I have heard far too many of my neighbors express those kinds of views.

Real friggin longshots

Jeff Bezos +3300

Who?
Dan Crenshaw +4000
Eric Swalwell +4000
Candace Owens +5000
Andrew Cuomo +6600
Ben Sasse +6600
Ivanka Trump +6600
Kanye West +6600
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:06 am Ron Desantis is the current governor of Florida, and is probably the most realistic choice on that list from the Rethuglican side.
A sad thought, really since he is basically Donald Trump without all the political baggage from Jan 6 2021.
I'm straining my power of recall but wasn't the Governor of Florida a chap called Crist or Christ? And wasn't his personal life rather more baggage than most politicians could survive, with unacknowledged descendants strewing the more obscure Floridian byways?

I was on the Governor of Florida's mailing list for a while but my memory is not all it was.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 am
LarsMac wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:06 am Ron Desantis is the current governor of Florida, and is probably the most realistic choice on that list from the Rethuglican side.
I'm straining my power of recall but wasn't the Governor of Florida a chap called Crist or Christ? And wasn't his personal life rather more baggage than most politicians could survive, with unacknowledged descendants strewing the more obscure Floridian byways?

I was on the Governor of Florida's mailing list for a while but my memory is not all it was.
Oh, yes, Charlie Crist.
I was long out of the sate by then, but, Charlie Crist got elected to the seat and spent much of his time as Governor trying to get elected to the US Senate. The State Republicans summarily dumped him and moved on with Rick Scott, a delightfully Cadaverous fellow.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:10 pm
spot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 am

Oh, yes, Charlie Crist.
I was long out of the sate by then, but, Charlie Crist got elected to the seat and spent much of his time as Governor trying to get elected to the US Senate. The State Republicans summarily dumped him and moved on with Rick Scott, a delightfully Cadaverous fellow.
I never quite know when my mind is inventing things from scratch, but I have it that he - Governor Crist - was or became a used car salesman. Or he had a concession to sell cars. I find it difficult to believe despite it being me that's telling it.

Return to “Current Political Events”