Hunting

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

Hunting

Post by spot »

A Bedale Hunt spokesperson said: “We can confirm that a tragic accident happened on Wednesday, 15 September, when a two-year-old girl fell from her pony and subsequently lost her life."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... -hunt-meet

For goodness sake.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Re: Hunting

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm
A Bedale Hunt spokesperson said: “We can confirm that a tragic accident happened on Wednesday, 15 September, when a two-year-old girl fell from her pony and subsequently lost her life."

For goodness sake.
What were the parents thinking?

I know my grandson of about that age would not be safe riding at any more than a walk and then only with one of us walking alongside just in case?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:44 am

For goodness sake.

I know my grandson of about that age would not be safe riding at any more than a walk and then only with one of us walking alongside just in case?
More like,... What? Were the Parents thinking?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 am
Bryn Mawr wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:44 am

For goodness sake.

More like,... What? Were the Parents thinking?
The tabloids all suggest the pony was spooked by a hunting horn. Whether a hunting horn might be a predictable accompaniment to the Bedale Hunt, or a pony acclimatizing a toddler to riding might reasonably be expected to react to the cacophony surrounding the Bedale Hunt, has yet to be addressed. Only the Daily Mail has so far abandoned the word "fell" in favor of the word "thrown", but doubtless the editor added several thousand to his daily sales figure by doing so.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I have been around a lot of people who are involved with horses and other livestock - Farmers, Ranchers, Racing, Rodeo, Dressage, all sorts activities. And not a one of them would ever consider setting an 2-year-old child on top of a horse or Pony without an adult immediately present, and in control of the child.

Those people should be charged with negligence.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Sports”