Tennis

Discuss all types of sports.
Bryn Mawr

Tennis

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I don’t often watch the tennis but tonight’s US Open Ladies final is shaping up to be a fantastic match.

For those who’ve not been hit by the hype it’s between an eighteen year old British qualifier who is yet to drop a set and a Canadian who turned nineteen last Monday - neither of whom have played a grand slam final before.
spot

Re: Tennis

Post by spot »

I have it ticking over on a page refresh at the Guardian, giving me a paragraph per game. It doesn't seem at all one-sided which is pleasing.

Either of them would, I suspect, beat me on the local court.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Re: Tennis

Post by spot »

The second set just accelerated wildly. Mrs Murray will be taking out adoption papers at this rate.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”