Daredevils

spot

Daredevils

Post by spot »

There's a miserable tale in the paper this morning.

The 28-year-old was married and his wife had recently given birth to the couple's second son.

A GoFundMe fundraiser aiming to support the family has already raised almost $40,000 (£29,000).

US daredevil dies during world record attempt

The essential aspect of the word "daredevil" is recklessness, according to my dictionary. I'm not sure what people these days thing reckless means but I was always of the opinion that it meant paying no heed to consequences, "reck" as in reckoning and "less" from ignoring it.

I don't think a GoFundMe fundraiser is a suitable response, to be honest. Surely a lack of consequence will just encourage the next such incident.

Any respectable coroner ought to take a dim view of the entire proceeding and criticize his team, especially his team's management, and the terms of the event's insurance contract.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Events”