Menopause

Betty Boop

Menopause

Post by Betty Boop »

If anyone thought puberty was hellish wait until you reach menopause :shock:

What a nightmare it is and well done to Davina McCall for bringing it to the telly https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/da ... 47071.html

If menopause were a male issue there'd be so much information and help out there Davina wouldn't need to stand up and talk about it on telly.
I suspect the last time I was prescribed anti depressants I was actually in low mood due to peri menopause, the tablets that had worked before didn't work this time and I gave up but I also didn't bother going back to the surgery as the attitude is it's just one of those things it will get better with time.

I do not pine loosing the ability to have children, I pine for my waistline, I pine for my brain - its covered in fog. I pine for a temperature guage that works again and to go back to the times where I am not constantly reaching for something to fan myself with.

It's all got to be some sort of cruel joke. :oops: that's a hot flush face, pretty apt.
magentaflame

Re: Menopause

Post by magentaflame »

Awwhhh bub! I'm sorry you're going through that.
Women have never been listened to.....after all we give to the world. (don't get me started)

It does get better. Honestly. Okay ...maybe not everything but everything a male doesn't expect of us certainly gets better.
but in saying that .... Sex changes. Because we don't need insertion anymore our bodies begin to say ..."ummm nope ! that hurts now" And I believe for all the head jobs we've had to give over a life time....it's payback time! get those tongues ready guys. I think that's why we have a clitoris. The other crap is just to get us pregnant. (that was nice of evolution to give us a continuation of pleasure multiple times)

You have to figure out the triggers for the hot flushes....and dare I say it...give whatever it is up for some solace. I gave up smoking, drinking, coffee, and meat, (Until this new job) but all the hot flushes went away, I felt great. Unfortunetly modern lifestyles isn't kind to peri- menopause.

And lets not forget men get menopause too. And one day they will admit it. :lol:

Waistline.... they come and they go. Depending on what you eat.
Brain fog.....do what men do...."I'll have a think about it...I'll get back to you" "Leave it with my secretary/receptionist."
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Well, shock and horror, I have had a breakthrough with the Doctor's Surgery! Instead of being told it's something I have to live with, I had a call back one day last week from a very young and competent student Doctor. I was irritated at first as I had asked to speak to a female. He explained he was training under our female Doctor (who I had expected to be talking to) and that she would be overseeing the whole process albeit remotely, so I agreed to continue the call with him. He assured me that as a new trainee they are studying the menopause a lot more now and are more aware and more able to help rather than just be dismissive and tell us we just have to get on with it - which sadly is what other Doctors have told me all through lifelong problematic periods.
The phone call took nigh on an hour! How many people get more than ten minutes of a Doctors time? We went through everything, I agreed to go and have blood tests, BMI check, and blood pressure check with a nurse and then had a face to face appointment with the Doctor the following day.
Bloods came back good, blood pressure good, BMI not the greatest but they're not too concerned so I am to be prescribed HRT, Oestrogen patches and progesterone tablets for now, that might change to a coil in a while but for now its tablets.
As I left the surgery he thanked me for letting him treat me as part of his training and he reckoned that within a few weeks I'd be surprised by how much better I feel :lol: I really hope so!

I'll report back.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 pm Awwhhh bub! I'm sorry you're going through that.
Women have never been listened to.....after all we give to the world. (don't get me started)

It does get better. Honestly. Okay ...maybe not everything but everything a male doesn't expect of us certainly gets better.
but in saying that .... Sex changes. Because we don't need insertion anymore our bodies begin to say ..."ummm nope ! that hurts now" And I believe for all the head jobs we've had to give over a life time....it's payback time! get those tongues ready guys. I think that's why we have a clitoris. The other crap is just to get us pregnant. (that was nice of evolution to give us a continuation of pleasure multiple times)

You have to figure out the triggers for the hot flushes....and dare I say it...give whatever it is up for some solace. I gave up smoking, drinking, coffee, and meat, (Until this new job) but all the hot flushes went away, I felt great. Unfortunetly modern lifestyles isn't kind to peri- menopause.

And lets not forget men get menopause too. And one day they will admit it. :lol:

Brain fog.....do what men do...."I'll have a think about it...I'll get back to you" "Leave it with my secretary/receptionist."
I'm not sure FG was ready for your post :lol:

I think every woman is different, not all go off penetrative sex, in fact some like it more due to the fact the risk of pregnancy has gone. And if it's hurting you need some lubrication!
I'm still pondering over 'everything a male doesn't expect of us certainly gets better' and what that means lol
Sounds to me like your men have been related to my ex husband and a bit mean with their attentions. Demand better!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Betty Boop wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:17 am
magentaflame wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 pm Awwhhh bub! I'm sorry you're going through that.

I'm not sure FG was ready for your post :lol:

I think every woman is different, not all go off penetrative sex, in fact some like it more due to the fact the risk of pregnancy has gone. And if it's hurting you need some lubrication!
I'm still pondering over 'everything a male doesn't expect of us certainly gets better' and what that means lol
Sounds to me like your men have been related to my ex husband and a bit mean with their attentions. Demand better!
Ummm? I wasn't particularly talking about myself...Maybe it's a British thing that it doesn't get talked about? We talk about it all the time. I think things changed about twenty years ago. More and more morning shows seem to have gone down the women only hosts so it's put a new spin on general conversations.....and jokes.
We were only discussing at work just recently that the covid symptoms (apart from the vomiting and diarrhea ) could very well be menapuase symptoms :lol:
Here's a titbit....in some Koori cultures older women are respected equally as men because it's said that when a woman gets older she finely turns into a man...... hence you see some older indigenous with beards. YOU GO GIRL!
At work we thought about the male only charity "Movember" .....I reckon a couple of us girls could give it a good shot.
It was funny when we were able to ditch the Masks for awhile. One female worker came in and said "Dammit I have to start shaving again now" ...cracked everyone up. :lol:
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Senior Share”