OUR SOUTHERN BORDER

tude dog

OUR SOUTHERN BORDER

Post by tude dog »

Here is a sample of the Harris/Biden policy.

White House backpedals after Biden refers to a 'crisis' at the border
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 288376002/
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Re: OUR SOUTHERN BORDER

Post by tude dog »

Very reassuring. :?

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

US foster care system already stretched to the max as unaccompanied minors continue to cross southern border

https://www.foxnews.com/us/foster-care- ... ccompanied
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

None of this is really news. It was going on during Trump's years, but all anybody saw was the useless wall of his. It was going on in the Obama and Bush years.

The only fix is to address the regimes in countries where people are willing to take their children a few thousand mile away and dump them in another country in hopes that they will survive.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:18 amThe only fix is to address the regimes in countries where people are willing to take their children a few thousand mile away and dump them in another country in hopes that they will survive.

Or open America's borders to free passage in and out for everyone. It would reduce the number of unaccompanied minors dramatically. I expect a higher proportion would show their documentation too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:18 am None of this is really news. It was going on during Trump's years, but all anybody saw was the useless wall of his. It was going on in the Obama and Bush years.

The only fix is to address the regimes in countries where people are willing to take their children a few thousand mile away and dump them in another country in hopes that they will survive.
Trump was actually doing something about the border, beyond the wall.

Brainiacs Harris/Biden undid that progress.

Nearly 6,000 undocumented immigrants apprehended daily at US-Mexico border in April
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/03/politics ... index.html

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

April saw most illegal immigrants stopped at border in 21 years: CBP

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/april-saw ... years-cbp/

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tude dog wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:54 pm April saw most illegal immigrants stopped at border in 21 years: CBP

Surely this is a good thing from your perspective, it shows that Boarder Control are being efficient and doing their job.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:30 am
tude dog wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:54 pm April saw most illegal immigrants stopped at border in 21 years: CBP

Surely this is a good thing from your perspective, it shows that Boarder Control are being efficient and doing their job.
NO, they are still here.

Were, I don't know and the Harris/Biden administration are not upfront about what is going to happen next, or if they have a clue. :roll:
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

God help us.

spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:04 pm God help us.
You might say so.

I'm very much hoping that natural processes make her President in the next few months, it would enliven the American political conversation.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Thanks to the Harris/Biden brain trust.

Fentanyl seizures at U.S. southern border rise dramatically
Federal agents say the powerful synthetic opioid is becoming a drug of choice for the cartels because it’s highly profitable and easier to smuggle.

EL PASO, Texas — Federal agents in this section of the southern border say they’ve seen a staggering 4,000 percent increase in fentanyl seizures over the last three years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/fentanyl-seizures-u-s-southern-border-rise-dramatically-n1272676

Mabe KAMALA could go back to Guatemala and get to the root of the problem. :roll:
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

What happens to migrants with COVID at the southern border
The COVID surge in Texas is largely driven by unvaccinated Americans, but there's growing concern the migrant crisis may be complicating the issue.

The city of McAllen, Texas, said more than 7,000 migrants who tested positive for COVID have been processed since February, including more than 1,500 just this past week. Most go straight into quarantine.

A makeshift processing site, run by Customs and Border Protection, is underneath the Anzalduas International Bridge that leads into Mexico. It measures well over the length of a football field with room to grow.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-sout ... migration/

Don't worry people, it's nearly under control, so they would like us to believe. :shock:
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:57 pm What happens to migrants with COVID at the southern border
The COVID surge in Texas is largely driven by unvaccinated Americans, but there's growing concern the migrant crisis may be complicating the issue.
I quite like that. A simple statement of fact followed by a speculation, and the remainder of the quote assumes the speculation to be fact too. It's shoddy reporting.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Thousands of COVID-positive migrants passing through Texas border city

Nearly 7,000 immigrants who tested positive for COVID-19 have passed through a Texas city that has become the epicenter of the illegal immigration surge, including more than 1,500 over the past seven days, officials said Wednesday.

The shocking revelation was tucked into a statement from the City of McAllen announcing the construction of temporary emergency shelters to help the city of 140,000 cope with the flow of immigrants that has overwhelmed existing facilities.

As The Post reported last month, asylum claimants who arrive in McAllen are processed and given a COVID-19 test before being sent to a facility called the Humanitarian Respite Center, run by the local chapter of Catholic Charities. Immigrants stay for an average of 24 hours at the center while making arrangements to travel elsewhere in the US.

Nearly 7,000 immigrants who tested posi ... as-border/
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Return to “Current Events”