Political Cartoons

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
tude dog

Re: Political Cartoons

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

The idea that there will be a surge in Republican support as a rsponse to talentless bad taste like this is a puzzling one. But keep on documenting the genre, it's all historical evidence.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

Fentanyl crossing the border?

Seriously?

I think your bigot has been misinformed, tude.

China shipped most into the US until recently. They've been replaced by Burma. How you get the idea that would-be immigrants have anything to do with it is baffling.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/worl ... tanyl.html
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:11 am Fentanyl crossing the border?

Seriously?

I think your bigot has been misinformed, tude.

China shipped most into the US until recently. They've been replaced by Burma. How you get the idea that would-be immigrants have anything to do with it is baffling.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/worl ... tanyl.html
Drug Seizures

CBP officers, Border Patrol agents, and Air and Marine Operations agents continue to interdict the flow of illicit narcotics across the border. Nationwide, drug seizures were up 18 percent in May from April 2021. Cocaine interceptions decreased 18 percent. Seizures of methamphetamine increased 53 percent. Seizures of heroin increased 7 percent and seizures of fentanyl increased 9 percent. CBP continues to see a surge in fentanyl seizures. Seizures in Fiscal Year 2021 through May are 56 percent higher than all of Fiscal Year 2020.

Additional CBP drug seizure statistics can be found here.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-m ... nal-update
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Border agents have seized more fentanyl in the last 7 months than the year before, CBP says

In the last 7 months, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents have seized more fentanyl than the total for the year before, according to data from the agency.

The agency released updated statistics last week of the amount of drugs confiscated by CBP authorities through April.
So far this fiscal year, which runs October to September, CBP said it seized 6,494 pounds of the synthetic opioid, surpassing the 4,776 pounds seized in fiscal year 2020.
CBP seized 2,801 pounds in fentanyl in 2019 and 2,283 pounds in 2018, according to data on its website.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/18/us/fenta ... index.html
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:29 pm Border agents have seized more fentanyl in the last 7 months than the year before, CBP says

In the last 7 months, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents have seized more fentanyl than the total for the year before, according to data from the agency.

The agency released updated statistics last week of the amount of drugs confiscated by CBP authorities through April.
So far this fiscal year, which runs October to September, CBP said it seized 6,494 pounds of the synthetic opioid, surpassing the 4,776 pounds seized in fiscal year 2020.
CBP seized 2,801 pounds in fentanyl in 2019 and 2,283 pounds in 2018, according to data on its website.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/18/us/fenta ... index.html
For some reason you think this is confiscations from would-be immigrants on the Mexican border, as opposed to customs posts at airports and shipping terminals. I'd have thought practically all of it is interception of large shipments in commercial containers but then, I'm not biased against immigrants on the Mexican border. I don't doubt for a moment that American citizens are mass consumers of Fentanyl eagerly awaiting their next purchase, or that local labs are cranking out industrial quantities to satisfy the demand. It doesn't grow in fields, you know. It comes out of large glassware retorts. No peasants are involved.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:12 am For some reason you think this is confiscations from would-be immigrants on the Mexican border, as opposed to customs posts at airports and shipping terminals. I'd have thought practically all of it is interception of large shipments in commercial containers but then, I'm not biased against immigrants on the Mexican border. I don't doubt for a moment that American citizens are mass consumers of Fentanyl eagerly awaiting their next purchase, or that local labs are cranking out industrial quantities to satisfy the demand. It doesn't grow in fields, you know. It comes out of large glassware retorts. No peasants are involved.
Did you get that from the cartoon?

Or from the government CBP?

CNN article?
IN PART
The agency added that it has seen an increase in seizures amongst US citizens and in the commercial environment as both demographics are exempt from the travel restrictions.
Over the past few months, agents at different border checkpoints have found people trying to smuggle the drugs in burritos, fire extinguishers and more commonly hidden in vehicle parts.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

USBP K-9 Sniffs Out Fentanyl on I-8

Release Date: May 14, 2021
PINE VALLEY, Calif.—U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested a man on Tuesday who was transporting 2.51 pounds of fentanyl taped to his back.

At approximately 10:30 a.m., a white Volkswagen Jetta approached the primary inspection area at the Interstate 8 immigration checkpoint in Pine Valley. While agents spoke with the driver, a K-9 team conducted an external sniff of the vehicle. The driver was referred for further inspection after the K-9, alerted to the presence of narcotics.

During questioning, the driver lifted his shirt and exposed a package which was attached to his midsection with clear cellophane tape. Suspecting the packages contained narcotics, agents removed them. Inside were hundreds of small, light-blue tablets which tested positive for fentanyl. The narcotics weighed 2.51 pounds and have an estimated street value of $39,900.

The narcotics and the 51-year-old male U.S. citizen were turned over to the Drug Enforcement Administration for further investigation. The vehicle was seized by the U.S. Border Patrol.

"These drugs could have made their way into any American community," said Chief Patrol Agent Aaron Heitke. "Thankfully, the vigilance of our agents prevented that from occurring."

Since October 1, 2020, San Diego Sector has seized more than 935 pounds of cocaine; 1,179 pounds of methamphetamine; 104 pounds of heroin; and 300 pounds of fentanyl.

To prevent the illicit smuggling of humans, drugs, and other contraband, the U.S. Border Patrol maintains a high level of vigilance on corridors of egress away from our Nation’s borders. To report suspicious activity to the U.S. Border Patrol, contact San Diego Sector at (619) 498-9900

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-medi ... ntanyl-i-8
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:53 am
spot wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:12 am For some reason you think this is confiscations from would-be immigrants on the Mexican border, as opposed to customs posts at airports and shipping terminals. I'd have thought practically all of it is interception of large shipments in commercial containers but then, I'm not biased against immigrants on the Mexican border. I don't doubt for a moment that American citizens are mass consumers of Fentanyl eagerly awaiting their next purchase, or that local labs are cranking out industrial quantities to satisfy the demand. It doesn't grow in fields, you know. It comes out of large glassware retorts. No peasants are involved.

CNN article?
IN PART
The agency added that it has seen an increase in seizures amongst US citizens and in the commercial environment as both demographics are exempt from the travel restrictions.
Over the past few months, agents at different border checkpoints have found people trying to smuggle the drugs in burritos, fire extinguishers and more commonly hidden in vehicle parts.
I gave the citation in my post. To repeat it, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/worl ... tanyl.html

Does your arithmetic skill level not appreciate that a large increase in rate isn't necessarily a large amount in quantity? The proportion of the whole might be insignificantly small, the quote you just gave gives no hint.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:24 am
tude dog wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:53 am

CNN article?
IN PART
I gave the citation in my post. To repeat it, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/worl ... tanyl.html

Does your arithmetic skill level not appreciate that a large increase in rate isn't necessarily a large amount in quantity? The proportion of the whole might be insignificantly small, the quote you just gave gives no hint.
Just to be clear, I never promoted the idea that the masses assaulting our border are a major source of fentanyl crossing our borders.

Meanwhile.
Mexican man indicted for smuggling nearly $1.6M million in fentanyl and other drugs into the U.S.
LAREDO, Texas – A federal grand jury sitting in Laredo has charged a Mexican man for illegally importing approximately 30.26 kilograms of narcotics, announced Acting U.S. Attorney Jennifer B. Lowery.

On Feb. 11, authorities apprehended Jose Lopez-Sanchez at the Lincoln Juarez Bridge port of entry in Laredo attempting to travel into the United States, according to the charges. He had allegedly given an inconsistent statement at primary inspection and sent to secondary.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdtx/pr/me ... r-drugs-us

I am done with this subject. :D
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 amJust to be clear, I never promoted the idea that the masses assaulting our border are a major source of fentanyl crossing our borders.
But you did, that's the point, either "the masses assaulting our border are a major source of fentanyl crossing our borders" or they're not.

You leave unanswered the reason you posted the propagandist cartoon saying "Fentanyl" and "Biden Border Patrol Welcome Center" in such big big text.

You really can't keep wanting it both ways.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:02 pm
tude dog wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 amJust to be clear, I never promoted the idea that the masses assaulting our border are a major source of fentanyl crossing our borders.
But you did, that's the point, either "the masses assaulting our border are a major source of fentanyl crossing our borders" or they're not.

You leave unanswered the reason you posted the propagandist cartoon saying "Fentanyl" and "Biden Border Patrol Welcome Center" in such big big text.

spot wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:02 pm

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Return to “Arts Animation”