Hi! I'm New!

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Saint_

Hi! I'm New!

Post by Saint_ »

My name is Saint_ and I used to belong to a forum with the same name...before the world crashed. It's nice to see you all. You seem very nice!
tude dog

Re: Hi! I'm New!

Post by tude dog »

Don't be shy, why the heck you come here? :evil:
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am Don't be shy, why the heck you come here? :evil:
If we can avoid unseemly spats. Or any spats, come to that.

Saint_ wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 am My name is Saint_ and I used to belong to a forum with the same name...before the world crashed. It's nice to see you all. You seem very nice!
Clearly we don't all seem very nice at all. On the other hand, we're not Facebook.

Has your new term started yet? How have you organized it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:14 pm If we can avoid unseemly spats. Or any spats, come to that.
No offence inteded. :shock:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:14 pm
tude dog wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am Don't be shy, why the heck you come here? :evil:
If we can avoid unseemly spats. Or any spats, come to that.
What has the state of his footwear to do with it :evil:

Saint_ wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 am My name is Saint_ and I used to belong to a forum with the same name...before the world crashed. It's nice to see you all. You seem very nice!
Clearly we don't all seem very nice at all. On the other hand, we're not Facebook.

Has your new term started yet? How have you organized it.
Whatever happened to Rant’n’Rave, I remember they visited us once :-)

Welcome Saint_, I hope you’ll enjoy your stay with us ✌️
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:48 pm
spot wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:14 pm If we can avoid unseemly spats. Or any spats, come to that.
What has the state of his footwear to do with it :evil:
Or Earl Okin. I quite like Unseemly Spats for that.

Bryn Mawr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:48 pm
Whatever happened to Rant’n’Rave, I remember they visited us once :-)
We have at least two posting survivors besides me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Hello New Saint.

If you're new, then I'm new too.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, hello, and welcome.
We've been hoping you'd find your way back to the Garden.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

tude dog wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:36 pm
I'm just messing with you guys. I'm the same old Saint that used to be here. I just had trouble getting in...like forever.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Saint_ wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:26 pm
tude dog wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:36 pm
I'm just messing with you guys. I'm the same old Saint that used to be here. I just had trouble getting in...like forever.
Sorry for my crude way of going along with it. :oops:
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

ImageAccepted.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I thought you sounded familiar. But now I know you're a cat, I won't be turning my back on you . :D
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Jimbo2

Post by Jimbo2 »

Jimbo 2 that's jimbo with a new account
Just thought id say hi after many years , I was going through my old Facebook messages and was saddened to learn of the deaths of uncle fester and Wayne barber ,I hope you are all well and the years have been good to you 👍x peace to you all
spot

Post by spot »

Good lord! Well done that man. If I had any feeling left in my knees I'd genuflect but I'd quite likely fall over if I tried.

Why on earth are you up before 8am?

More to the point, why was I?

The wind, that's it. I remember now. I had a lot of wind in the night. A door rattled, daylight happened, I made coffee.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Jimbo2 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:50 pm Jimbo 2 that's jimbo with a new account
Just thought id say hi after many years , I was going through my old Facebook messages and was saddened to learn of the deaths of uncle fester and Wayne barber ,I hope you are all well and the years have been good to you 👍x peace to you all
Welcome :-)

What news - how are you and yours?
Jimbo2

Post by Jimbo2 »

Thanks buddy how are you Bryn
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Jimbo2 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:42 am Thanks buddy how are you Bryn
Doing well, another grandson and great granddaughter since you last visited so the rabbits are still in full flow. Getting pee’d off with the current restrictions as we all are but that’s life.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bloody heck! It's Jimbo!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Does anyone still come here anymore? Just checking in...I found this link in an old archive.
spot

Post by spot »

The site is extremely quiet, there's ten or so show up and keep in touch. Maybe a half dozen drop in daily. You'll find a couple of threads on Covid, China, the mid-term elections, Ukraine, and they move along when events provide a push. We tend to hold out against poverty, war and injustice which has never been a populist stance if you remember.

Now, if you'd like to offer your esteemed and respected thoughts on Covid, China, the mid-term elections, Ukraine or anything else, by all means offer a new thread on each and we'll see how close we can come to a consensus. That would be worth the effort.

I could, if anyone pushed, clean the UTF-8 errors from the message base which stem from the software conversion a couple of years back, I could reset the registration process to allow new registrations, I could clear out a couple of known glitches. I have diary space in about two months.

I draw the line at diagnosing any head of state's mental condition on the grounds that none of us are competent to hold a view. Short of that, anything goes.

I saw the London production of Anything Goes last summer and it was stunning.

As for where everyone is, most of my acquaintance that ever died, online or offline, were on this site. It amazes me how many people died here over the last 17 years.

Speaking of which, I had my first negative test today since getting Covid two weeks ago. I've been very sensible since the outbreak started, but this Easter break with an asymptomatic schoolboy finally got me. My antibody count is now three vaccinations and a dose.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Saint_ wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:47 am Does anyone still come here anymore? Just checking in...I found this link in an old archive.
I was wondering about you the other day. Hope all is well for you.
Were the spring winds as nasty in your area as they were up here?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

spot wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:46 am Speaking of which, I had my first negative test today since getting Covid two weeks ago. I've been very sensible since the outbreak started, but this Easter break with an asymptomatic schoolboy finally got me. My antibody count is now three vaccinations and a dose.
Whoa! Sorry to hear about that. I got COVID as well, but luckily not until after I had had 5 vaccinations. Even so, since I am immunocompromised, it damn near killed me. All that saved me was that new anti-viral Paxlovid. Great stuff! Although it tastes like you are chewing aluminum foil all day...

While, I've got you here...there used to be a "New Posts"button to see just the threads that are active. Is it still there? I can't find it.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Saint_ wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:26 pm
spot wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:46 am Speaking of which, I had my first negative test today since getting Covid two weeks ago. I've been very sensible since the outbreak started, but this Easter break with an asymptomatic schoolboy finally got me. My antibody count is now three vaccinations and a dose.
Whoa! Sorry to hear about that. I got COVID as well, but luckily not until after I had had 5 vaccinations. Even so, since I am immunocompromised, it damn near killed me. All that saved me was that new anti-viral Paxlovid. Great stuff! Although it tastes like you are chewing aluminum foil all day...

While, I've got you here...there used to be a "New Posts"button to see just the threads that are active. Is it still there? I can't find it.
In the top green bar of the page there is a hamburger (three white lines), if you hover on it it says 'quick links', click on it and it gives some options, one being 'new posts'.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Welcome back again, think Spot must be out partying somewhere tonight. There's a few of us left here but it is quiet.
spot

Post by spot »

Saint_ wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:26 pm While, I've got you here...there used to be a "New Posts"button to see just the threads that are active. Is it still there? I can't find it.

Yo, big J, dude.

If you drag-drop this to your bookmarks ribbon (Internet Explorer didn't call them bookmarks though. What was it. Favorites) it will, whenever you click it, show all active threads, latest first. Do please bump as many as you can, it will generate more responses. The difference to the hamburger thing is that defaults to 7 days, whereas mine shows half a year. Given the turnover, that is helpful.

search.php?st=180&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&s ... ive_topics
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Excellent! I've got lots of catching up to do!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Saint_ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:30 pm Excellent! I've got lots of catching up to do!
I use the “unread posts” from the hamburger, as far as I know that’s not time limited.

Return to “Introductions”