Political Cartoons

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
tude dog

Re: Political Cartoons

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

I don't actually know why you want to restrict immigration into the USA, tude. Do you think you could offer a couple of sentences explaining why?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:32 am I don't actually know why you want to restrict immigration into the USA, tude. Do you think you could offer a couple of sentences explaining why?
I am all for legal immigration at a level that benefits my country.

I can document one grandmother who came by ship and arrived at Ellis Island, safe and legal. The other grandmother's family was also safe and legal.

The Harris/Biden policy.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:46 am
spot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:32 am I don't actually know why you want to restrict immigration into the USA, tude. Do you think you could offer a couple of sentences explaining why?
There's only people smuggling because America declares some would-be immigrants to be illegal. It's American law that creates illegal immigration.

Why would a higher level of immigration not benefit "your" country? If it were allowed, it would be their country as much as yours.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:19 pm
tude dog wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:46 am
There are only people smuggling because America declares some would-be immigrants to be illegal. It's American law that creates illegal immigration.
UH HUH :roll:
Why would a higher level of immigration not benefit "your" country? If it were allowed, it would be their country as much as yours.
spot

Post by spot »

And "UH HUH" is the most coherent response you can manage? It's scarcely dialog, is it.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:33 pm And "UH HUH" is the most coherent response you can manage? It's scarcely dialog, is it.
We have enough problems without importing millions of ignorant, uneducated poor people from all over the world.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 am
spot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:33 pm And "UH HUH" is the most coherent response you can manage? It's scarcely dialog, is it.
We have enough problems without importing millions of ignorant, uneducated poor people from all over the world.
Millions of ignorant uneducated poor people are already US citizens. Bringing in immigrants would improve your game, the way it always has in the past.

Name me an immigrant group from the past which hasn't improved America. Real question, I'm keen to get a real answer to that.

Syrians? Vietnamese? Germans? Irish? Iraqis? Iranians? Congolese? Australians? Pick an immigrant minority for me.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 am
Millions of ignorant uneducated poor people are already US citizens. Bringing in immigrants would improve your game, the way it always has in the past.
I am not talking about the past.
Name me an immigrant group from the past which hasn't improved America

Real question, I'm keen to get a real answer to that.
Phoenicians
Syrians? Vietnamese? Germans? Irish? Iraqis? Iranians? Congolese? Pick an immigrant minority for me.

You carry on your racist rant by yourself. I don't have time for that shit.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tude dog wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 am

Phoenicians
Syrians? Vietnamese? Germans? Irish? Iraqis? Iranians? Congolese? Pick an immigrant minority for me.

That’s a hell of an accusation to make. How do you see his question to be a racist rant?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:10 pm
tude dog wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 am

Phoenicians

That’s a hell of an accusation to make. How do you see his question to be a racist rant?
OK, maybe not so much a rant. His not-to-subtle accusation is that I am a racist.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 pm OK, maybe not so much a rant. His not-to-subtle accusation is that I am a racist.

You see it that way. I'm simply asking about immigrant groups into America. How can I ask that question without you flinging "racist" as a blocker into the thread? How can it be worded without you jumping at race instead of focusing on groups of immigrants?

The examples I offered were "Syrians? Vietnamese? Germans? Irish? Iraqis? Iranians? Congolese? Pick an immigrant minority for me."

I didn't choose the groups because they're races, if you look at them you'll see they're representative of major immigrant groups into America. I'm suggesting that every single group of immigrants has been a benefit to America, not a dilution or an economic burden. I'm interested to know whether you agree or disagree with that, and if you disagree what group you can put forward as evidence for your claim.

Can we perhaps start by agreeing that all the groups on my list have been a benefit to America? If not, which ones weren't?

It's a piss-poor conversation if you keep deflecting all the while. Either this is a useful interesting topic generated by your cartoon on immigration or it isn't. The idea that you don't talk about the past simply means you can't give evidence about the present, the past is the only context in which the present makes any sense. It needs a comparison to be intelligible.

You flippantly offered the Phoenicians as an instance of immigrants which were of no benefit to America. I'll take it, why not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenicia#Genetic_studies says "According to a 2017 study published by the American Journal of Human Genetics, present-day Lebanese derive most of their ancestry from a Canaanite-related population (Canaanite being a pre-Phoenician name), which therefore implies substantial genetic continuity in the Levant since at least the Bronze Age". I'll happily add a post here about the benefit to America from Lebanese immigrants but you already know I can do that. Would you like me to, or would you like to withdraw your slur on your fellow-countrymen and daub some other immigrant group. Or would you like to agree, instead, that immigration from all groups has been a benefit to America.

How about the Italians, for example. Please make copious references to the Mafia and we can tear that down as well.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:38 pm
tude dog wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 pm OK, maybe not so much a rant. His not-to-subtle accusation is that I am a racist.

You see it that way. I'm simply asking about immigrant groups into America. How can I ask that question without you flinging "racist" as a blocker into the thread? How can it be worded without you jumping at race instead of focusing on groups of immigrants?

The examples I offered were "Syrians? Vietnamese? Germans? Irish? Iraqis? Iranians? Congolese? Pick an immigrant minority for me."

I didn't choose the groups because they're races, if you look at them you'll see they're representative of major immigrant groups into America. I'm suggesting that every single group of immigrants has been a benefit to America, not a dilution or an economic burden. I'm interested to know whether you agree or disagree with that, and if you disagree what group you can put forward as evidence for your claim.

Can we perhaps start by agreeing that all the groups on my list have been a benefit to America? If not, which ones weren't?

It's a piss-poor conversation if you keep deflecting all the while. Either this is a useful interesting topic generated by your cartoon on immigration or it isn't. The idea that you don't talk about the past simply means you can't give evidence about the present, the past is the only context in which the present makes any sense. It needs a comparison to be intelligible.

You flippantly offered the Phoenicians as an instance of immigrants which were of no benefit to America. I'll take it, why not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenicia#Genetic_studies says "According to a 2017 study published by the American Journal of Human Genetics, present-day Lebanese derive most of their ancestry from a Canaanite-related population (Canaanite being a pre-Phoenician name), which therefore implies substantial genetic continuity in the Levant since at least the Bronze Age". I'll happily add a post here about the benefit to America from Lebanese immigrants but you already know I can do that. Would you like me to, or would you like to withdraw your slur on your fellow-countrymen and daub some other immigrant group. Or would you like to agree, instead, that immigration from all groups has been a benefit to America.

How about the Italians, for example. Please make copious references to the Mafia and we can tear that down as well.
At the present time, I see no advantage to more immigration.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Come to do jobs earthlings won't do.
spot

Post by spot »

tude dog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 am At the present time, I see no advantage to more immigration.
You see no advantage to yourself?

Clearly there's an advantage to both America and the new immigrants.

Unless you'd like to explain why it would disadvantage America?

I've not seen you say why it would disadvantage America yet, all I've seen you do is insult would-be immigrants for poverty and a lack of education opportunities, neither of which are their fault and both of which can be remedied by immigrating.

You feel no sense of defending your personal privilege and entitlement, for example? Just because you won a random nationality draw when you were born?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

spot wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:56 am
tude dog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 am At the present time, I see no advantage to more immigration.
You see no advantage to yourself?

Clearly there's an advantage to both America and the new immigrants.
No advantage to my country or myself.
Unless you'd like to explain why it would disadvantage America?
A well-regulated immigration policy could be a plus. That system is long broken.
I've not seen you say why it would disadvantage America yet, all I've seen you do is insult would-be immigrants for poverty and a lack of education opportunities, neither of which are their fault and both of which can be remedied by immigrating.

OK, send your check to pay for them as they suck up our resources.
You feel no sense of defending your personal privilege and entitlement, for example? Just because you won a random nationality draw when you were born?
We have enough poverty of our own without importing more.

Part of my old stomping gruonds.

And you want me to buy your argument importing uneducated, ignorant people from far away is a plus for us.

I am not being nasty towards those people as the same would apply to me if I picked up and arrived to live in their country

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

[media][/media]
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

At one time most beautiful place.
tude dog wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:49 pm San Francisco was a beautiful city, then the Hippies came, and stayed.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence

Return to “Arts Animation”